ChasingBlueSky

Show me your cube

Funny story... I do computer stuff for lawyers. Myself and the two other non-management geeks are in a fairly large back room which houses the server rack (soon to be two), workbench, shelves of spare parts, and our three desks. Originally there were no cubes. Before I was hired, the two other guys pushed their desks together so they could talk while they were working. About 7 or 8 months ago, one of them noticed that the company across the alley had put a whole bunch of cube parts in their dumpster. Needless to say, they jumped on this opportunity for privacy and jimmy-rigged cubes for themselves out of the random assortment of panels, connectors, etc. I was hired a month later. Right now my desk is pushed up against one of the cubes.

I continue to monitor the dumpster, ever hopeful that someday I may find enough parts to build a cube of my very own.

Bo, it's great to finally see what your cube looks like! Wish I could see it in person, but my boss never lets me take "field trips" anywhere! Even when I say they're work related...:P

-For those of you that don't know, Bo and I work for the same company, just different locatons...

Yeah, everything here is nice and relatively new (building only opened 18 months ago or something). But at some point I'll be moving to a different building with all dark yellow and brown file cabinets and old desks. Not looking forward to it. Damn Comanche cancellation...

Dave

Funny story... I do computer stuff for lawyers. Myself and the two other non-management geeks are in a fairly large back room which houses the server rack (soon to be two), workbench, shelves of spare parts, and our three desks. Originally there were no cubes. Before I was hired, the two other guys pushed their desks together so they could talk while they were working. About 7 or 8 months ago, one of them noticed that the company across the alley had put a whole bunch of cube parts in their dumpster. Needless to say, they jumped on this opportunity for privacy and jimmy-rigged cubes for themselves out of the random assortment of panels, connectors, etc. I was hired a month later. Right now my desk is pushed up against one of the cubes.

I continue to monitor the dumpster, ever hopeful that someday I may find enough parts to build a cube of my very own.

Sounds like cube envy;)
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

Ok, heres my sob story. Right now I have a 9' X 8' office with a door and a lock but starting today, that all changes. Due to the nature of our work my workmate and I are having to move into the secure area of our building.
Problem is, there is only 1 office, we have to share it, and it is 9' X 9' in size with gray walls and no windows. Basically, its much like a prison cell or maybe a little smaller and I stay in this office at least 8 hours a day.>:( I dont even think there is going to be room for a cubicle or any type of divider so privacy goes right out the window....(if we had one)
I really dont know how long I am going to be able to do this, is it just me or does anyone else out there feel like a caged critter. It could be worse I guess, I could not have a job or maybe be on of those folks over in India or China that work 80 hours a week for $2. So anyway, enough feeling sorry for myself and I will post pictures of our new home tomorrow or maybe even today if we get moved.
Gray Walls!

***How come all the rich kids get to make all of the jumps?***

havent had a cube in years...used to have one in PHX but they realized we were never in them so took them away and gave us a big common 'bullpen'.
Then one week when everyone was off travel, in town the riot level from our section annoyed several adminosphere types so they gave us all cubes again...rotflmao..

now i have an office in WA i'm never in with a veiw of Mt. Rainer (when the clouds are gone) thru the concertinia wire...:S

I worked for a company that used to set up cube space in highshchool. We installed this huge complex maze in one of the computer centers on Maxwell AFB..i have a picture somewhere thats taken at the right angle so that it appears that cube hell stretches to the infinite horizon....very very Brazil. :)