piisfish

I'm going to south africa

You're not some sort of mercenary are you?;)

Just beware of the tank.....and thats all I'm going to say.:)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Fish,

That rocks dude, like meatmissle said, when and where? I'm sure there's a lot of people on here that would show you round with pleasure! :)
The weather should still be pretty sweet too.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

landing in JNB, most probably jumping with JSC... but will try and move around a few days direction Durban...
No Sir, not a mercenary...
Wait a second, mercenary skydiver : paid to jump in other countries... Interesting :P:P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Lekker. When? Where? :)
edit: Weather is fine here for jumping all year.

Hands off meat missile he belongs to us JSC cronies, the man jumps only the best a porter, so a porter in soouth africa he will have!!!:P

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball

Love Capetown... but never visited JNB area... And my ex is still in DUR area. Wanted to give her a visit. She's having a hard time volunteering in an orphanage for children with AIDS.
You jump in CPT ??? I met a packer girl in Empuria in july 2 yrs ago... She jumps in Capetown. Just can't remember her name. Remember she was working for television, and that her email had something with madhatter in it...

landing in JNB, most probably jumping with JSC... but will try and move around a few days direction Durban...

Sorry to hear that, chom. What about Cape Town? Why go to Durbs? Nothing there ;).

we told him nothing much happens in Capetown .... hee hee!!!:):P

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball

Hey! Easter boogie will be 9, 10, 11, 12 April... that's Easter..

Do you want to fly down to Durban with the Porter, or get a lift? Speak now... I may be able to swing it for you..

And bring the Wingsuit..;)

t
It's the year of the Pig.

11april, arriving 12... and flying back 22/23 april...

Well... that misses Easter, and gives you only one weekend! Maybe you should change it to 8th to 26th April, that'll give you 3 weekends and the easter boogie...B|

t

I even go to work with my wingsuit... Never know...
On waitlist for 8/9 apr to JNB, hope it works...
Porter to durban ?? how come ??
will be on that flight to arrive in JNB...
LX288 11APR ZRHJNB 2220 #0835 12APR

11april, arriving 12... and flying back 22/23 april...

Well... that misses Easter, and gives you only one weekend! Maybe you should change it to 8th to 26th April, that'll give you 3 weekends and the easter boogie...B|

t

you only jump on weekends ?? :(:(

well i've got a monday 12, and 17 18 april, that's 3 days of jumpin...
unfortunately can not travel at other dates...
do you jump on friday evenings ??? sunset load after work ???
Just having a try on an extra couple of jumps...
Any DZ operating during the week ??

developing nation, you see.. everyone needs to work, or we'll be stuck in the 3rd world forever...

just like switzerland...

I may have a 14 day trip to Capetown(actually sitting there for 10 days) in June. I plan on doing some scuba diving out there, and if I could swing it I may hop over to do some skydiving one weekend....unfortunately, the boss won't let me just take the airplane over there...something about it costing too much...

Are there flights that go directly between the two cities?

Mike

Monday 12th April the plane will still be in Petermaritzburg, where the easter boogie is being held, so you can count that out...

Midweek, there's a possibility of a few of us going to Pretoria skydiving club. They have a C-185 (Narrow body C-182 taildragger) and only offer 10 000ft, but it would be worth it to share some airtime...

Petermaritzburg, 100km from Durban is open midweek by appointment, as is Skydive durban. If you're visiting your ex that's an option, but also only Cessna 182's. Skydive Cape Town is also operational midweek, with a Cessna 210, also only 10 000ft, and is 1400km from Johannesburg, and not on the way to anything else...

The one weekend at JSC should be OK, although it may be quiet as a result of everyone having spent all their money at the boogie.. but I'll be there. What kind of dives do you do? Maybe I can put you in touch with some people so you get OK Dives...

t

Hey Mike!!

Come up to Joburg and visit. There are flights all the time between Cape Town and JNB, pretty affordable especially if you go with a local carrier. We are definitely the best place to skydive in the country. B|

Let me know when you're coming anyway, and we'll hook you up with some cool people even if you just stay in CT.

-T
It's the Year of the Dragon.