Thanatos340

Dating Prejudices?

I guess if you are a mature hottie, that would not count as a youngin. But definitely must be at least 22, how's that??? :$

I can live with that answer. ;)
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I'm just reviewing this thread and I almost think I could apply to ChoasKitty for the job. But unfortunately it looks like while I may pass seven of her eight requirements, I failed the first one.

8. Gotta be able to handle the big stuff and not freak out over the little things.

I think I can handle this one. B|

7. No kids.

No problem here. :ph34r:

6. Mental stability is a requirement.

I think I'm good here. Let me ask my shrink though (after I hire one). :)

5. He can be a whuffo as long as hes not scared.

Shed my whuffo skin a while back. B|

4. Must be a college grad, or working on it.

I'm an educated professional earning a good living. :P

3. No more guys named MICHAEL.

No Michaels in my name. :P

2. No more military men.

Not a military guy. :$

1. Not really interested in long distance dating.

D'oh ... I can understand this one though as about six years ago I attempted to have a long distance relationship with a former high school girlfriend, what with myself being in Colorado and her in Ontario. But it was difficult if not impossible. :S

Oh well ... what can you do?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

1) I must be physically and mentally attracted to her.

2) She must be physically and mentally attracted to me.

3) She must either be a skydiver/BASE jumper or must accept my need to jump

4) Bad ass freefliers are a total bonus, but not mandatory.

5) Both myself and this mythical girl must be honest and respectful towards each other.

6) I have dated single moms before and have either clicked with the mom and not the kids or clicked with the kids and not the mom. So if I was to date a single mom, I need to click with both kids and mom.

7) Never say never (because that special person may be worth the effort), but I'm at a certain stage of my life where I don't think I want to have my own kids. I have too many fun climbing and jumping related goals to have the rug rats get in the way. :)

I'm not sure what else to say. We need to have standards, but if we are too picky, a good person for us could come along and we may have brushed them off because of some preconceived criteria.

I'm not sure what else to say. We need to have standards, but if we are too picky, a good person for us could come along and we may have brushed them off because of some preconceived criteria.

I agree with this statement.. however, you learn from each relationship and you realize what works for you. I know lots of people who have no problems with long distance dating. It doesnt work for me. I know, because I've done it.
But you are right, being too picky will keep you single.

Dont tempt me! I'm getting tired of the northern tip of the deep south.. and colorado is gorgeous! And closer to Texas.. :)

Colorado while not the best place to skydive, is a pretty darn cool state what with all of it's recreational activies and predominately good weather.

Got to run to lunch ... later ...

I was pretty sure this would turn into a smoking vs non smoking thread quickly

wrong again

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Well I am completely fed up, but I haven't got anywhere to go just yet. If everything goes right next weekend, Charlotte here I come. Wish me luck!

ps - I don't think it's out of the question for Tullahoma/Nashville to be on the way home. Maybe we can celebrate my success. If not, we can still drink away my sorrows. :P

pps - any other dotcommers jump at Tullahoma?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

It's on the way if I say it is. And I din't say from Bham to Charlotte. I said the way home, so Charlotte to Bham. Totally different story. :P

Besides, if I were in Charlotte I could actually visit more. There's that whole making-four-times-as-much-money thing. B|
witty subliminal message
1*

I've now read the entire thread.

It is not a mystery to me anymore why so many marriages end in divorces and why there are so many single people.

Geesh, what happened to "if it moves, it's viable. If it doesn't - even better, it won't get away"?

Picky picky picky. :P

Me, I'm still waiting for that Elven chick from LOTR. I know she loves me, and I have a never ending patience :)

Or maybe one of the Star Wars chicks. She'd have to be of the Dark Force though, with those nice evil red tattoos the dude in episode one had.

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst

It's on the way if I say it is. And I din't say from Bham to Charlotte. I said the way home, so Charlotte to Bham. Totally different story. :P

Its exactly the same drive.. goofy.

Besides, if I were in Charlotte I could actually visit more. There's that whole making-four-times-as-much-money thing. B|

True, but the more you make, the more you spend. Disposable income always seems to stay constant.

Now why do you have to go and get all logical on me? :P

If I say it's on the way home, then it's on the way home!! What you're missing is the difference between working six days a week to get by versus working four to five days a week for more money than I know what to do with. Yeah, I want this job.

Disposable income always seems to stay constant.

Trust me, I remember what it's like to earn real money, and there's a difference, no doubt.

Remember: the richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who wants for the least.
witty subliminal message
1*

I was pretty sure this would turn into a smoking vs non smoking thread quickly

"Do you smoke after sex?"

"I dunno, I never looked."

ROFLAO!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:ph34r: There you go!:P

~R+R:)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

1 vote for NON.
Arent you married? What are you doing in this thread? ;)

Yeah - but I can still look
[at dz.com threads]

and my flirts actually are harmless

(I have to live my single life vicariously through my single friends - it's sad, so sad)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

After reading all the dating prejudices, I realized that I don't really have any about people, just dating as a concept.

I haven't been doing any because of the lack of time, etc and I haven't been missing it. I realized that most of dating for people (of either sex) is finding someone attractive and then molding them into the person that you do want. Most people don't really like the other "person", the insides.

I think dating is stupid and people should just spend time in the company of people that they enjoy. Eventually, things will sort themselves out.

I have decided that people have to be nice to me or forget it. That said, there is a dz.commer who has been stalking me and has been very nice about it. I wonder if she can cook. :ph34r: