airtwardo

I HEARD HIM TRYING TO BREAK IN.

I HEARD HIM TRYING TO BREAK IN.

I RAN TO THE CABINET GRABBED MY AUTOMATIC, SLAMMED THE CLIP IN AND CHAMBERED A ROUND.

I WAS SCARED AS I SNUCK DOWN THE HALL TO THE BACK DOOR.

I ALSO GRABBED A FLASH LIGHT.

I OPENED THE DOOR AS QUIETLY AND AS SLOWLY AS I COULD.

I TIP TOED TO THE SIDE OF THE HOUSE WHERE I HEARD HIM STILL WORKING ON THE SCREEN.

I TURNED THE CORNER AND PUT THE FLASHLIGHT AND GUN IN HIS FACE.

I YELLED, "HANDS UP!"AS HE TURNED TO FACE ME

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

(P.S. It's a magazine, not a clip :P)

:S[:/]:|Granted... its been a few years since I was in the Army.. but if I had ever said I was puttin a magazine into a pistol I'd of been kicked in the ass. Course times could have changed but when I was actually working with firearms:
Magazine is for a rifle
And a clip is for a pistol

B|;)Nitpicking your nitpicking. But, i could be wrong :)

So that's why the slot in the handle is called a "Magazine Well" right?

Its a magazine, "clips" are what street thugs call them.

Okay then. I just remember getting the lecture (and 50 push ups) during D.E.T. for getting that answer wrong while playing Smart Soldier/Strong Soldier, what ya wanna be?

Editted to add: The then S.Sgt of my section (who was later put into IAR for failing PT) was kind of a dickhead so it wouldnt really suprise me if he was fucking with me. And i never trained on pistols so go figure

Heh. Thats 50 push ups per wrong answer. And when they're asking you everything from weapon caliber/velocity/range to land nav... its alot of push ups :)

*shrug* That's the military, I wouldn't know. Atleast in the civilian world, its a magazine.B|

[musically] I say tomato and you say tomato. I say potato and you say potato. [/musically]

Wow, funny I didn't realise it doesn't work in text :D:D

Come on guys, it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Same sh*t, different pile and all that. Check it out: The Gun Store for All Generations bridges the gap between the two sides of this long-standing debate and calls it a "clip magazine"

hehee.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Its a magazine, "clips" are what street thugs call them.

Actually...

A 'clip' is what you load a 'magazine' with,
As in 'stripper clip' into a Mauser, Enfield or Springfield ' 03.

The 'magazine fed' rifle or pistol didn't necessarily have
a removable feed assembly. So you loaded the firearm by
inserting a clip of ammo in the magazine.
Then threw away the clip.

As firearms with replaceable magazines became more prevalent and plentiful. The magazine / clip / feed
assembly was pre-loaded prior to use.

(and sometimes too thrown away in the heat of battle)

They picked up the 'clip' nomenclature. ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Watch it that's a pussy terrorist in disguise!! Look at this picture..

thats some funny shit! but it looks like the kitens used on some of that animation on rathergood.com
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

*shrug* That's the military, I wouldn't know. Atleast in the civilian world, its a magazine.B|

[musically] I say tomato and you say tomato. I say potato and you say potato. [/musically]

Wow, funny I didn't realise it doesn't work in text :D:D

Come on guys, it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Same sh*t, different pile and all that. Check it out: The Gun Store for All Generations bridges the gap between the two sides of this long-standing debate and calls it a "clip magazine"

hehee.

Ugh. I get it. Since one side is right, and the other side is wrong, but it's harmful to the self esteem of the wrong side to force them to admit they're wrong, we who know the difference are supposed to accept some wrong/right hybrid term instead of rightfully insisting on the correct one?

No wonder that when you point out to someone that it's, "I COULDN'T care less," they say you're nitpicking, and, "Well, you understood what I meant!"

Peace,
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"