TheAnvil

Coulter on this Clarke dude...

...nice article.

http://www.anncoulter.org

This 9-11 blame crap is getting old. It took both administrations - Clintonista and GWB - by surprise in several different areas.

Anyway, thought I'd share the article. TheAnvil is sleepy - long day today.

Beers to all,

Vinny the Anvil
:)
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

http://www.anncoulter.org

Clicky...Ann Coulter is cool. ;)

No, she's a spinmeister.

One wonders, if this Clarke dude is as much of a loser as she claims, why Reagan didn't fire him. Or why Bush I didn't fire him. But the folks who "know where they are" (NOT) saw right through his incompetence. Hmmm. Looks like spin to me.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Ann Coulter is cool.

Ann Coulter a screeching harpy.

I've always said that if you stood out on a corner giving away $20 bills someone would complain. If a Democrat did it, Coulter would screech about it. Of course, that's her job, much like Rush & O'Reilly.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Ann Coulter is more of a right wing extremist than Rush Limbaugh. Some of her ideas:

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity."

"We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too. Otherwise, they will turn out to be outright traitors."

"God says, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.' "

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

Read between the lines on that story and ask yourself a couple of questions (which is what the stupid lazy reporter should have done but obviously didn't).

From the article cited:

At the time of the briefing, ground rules allowed reporters to identify Clarke only as "a senior administration official." The White House waived that restriction after Fox News pointed out Clarke's remarks, McClellan said Wednesday.

Two administration officials called CNN to say Clarke's remarks from the 2002 briefing could be used and attributed to him by name.

Question: If Clarke was not allowed to be personally identified in August of 2002 but only allowed to be identified as a "a senior administration official", then was he being used as an Administrative spin tool at the time and why has the Administration only now decided that he can be named?

Something in this stinks and some answers need to be given.
quade -

Question: If Clarke was not allowed to be identified in August of 2002 but only allowed to be identified as a "a senior administration official", then was he being used as an Administrative leak at the time and why has the Administration only now decided that he can be named?

Easy, to discredit his now-present-claims in his book. That's fine by me, especially on this issue. This isn't very defensible IMO.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

No. It stinks because when it works in their favor to keep his name out of the press and support the Administration he can only be identified as "a senior administration official", but when FOXNews reminds them of who that "senior administration official" was, suddenly they start making phone calls to CNN to name him.

The Administration wants to play it both ways and that stinks.

I believe Clarke was being used as a spin tool at the time and he was simply going along with what he was being told to say. Now it's coming back to bite him in the ass.
quade -

You're just ruffled because Ann Coulter didn't say it! :P

Come on, this is pretty 180-degree stuff here. Clarke does his briefing as a "senior administration official" in 2002. His statements are clear, and to-the-point. Now, he's been fired (or "he resigned", as it goes) and he's sour. That's what it boils down to here.

These rats in the press corps (et al) could've easily found dissent, named or not, at the time.
Make light!

These rats in the press corps (et al) could've easily found dissent, named or not, at the time.

You have GOT to be kidding me. August 2002 NOBODY in US Intel would have said boo about what the Admin was doing with regard to OBL. This was pretty much near the high point of world support over the capture or kill of OBL.

It is only now that in retrospect can we see how far down the primrose path the Administration lead us -away- from the hunt for actual terrorist and on to some other agenda.
quade -

Either way, it doesn't matter. Clarke's been caught with his pants down. It could happen to anyone. It happened to Clarke, it happened to Clinton, it happened to Nixon, it happened to Sharpton...

It's pretty clear cut and that's how DC works. Don't get all innocent over it. :P
Make light!

Either way, it doesn't matter. Clarke's been caught with his pants down. It could happen to anyone. It happened to Clarke, it happened to Clinton, it happened to Nixon, it happened to Sharpton...

It's pretty clear cut and that's how DC works. Don't get all innocent over it.

you left out Kerry. "when he gave a tortured explanation of how he voted for the $87 billion for Iraq and Afghanistan before he voted against the final bill. "

Ann Coulter is more of a right wing extremist than Rush Limbaugh. Some of her ideas:

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity."

"We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too. Otherwise, they will turn out to be outright traitors."

"God says, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.' "

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

At least Ann is better looking than Rush:P

IMO Just another talking head that has to be controversal to get on radio/T.V. It worked for Rush he gets paid very well for talking trash.

No debate just IMO[:/]

R.I.P.

Taken out of context, yes they sound pretty bad. Having read all of the articles in question and knowing their sarcastic tenor, I find the quotes as funny now as I did when I first read them.

This 9-11 Commission's coverage by the media is a testament to the failure of the education system here (thanks NEA!).

Clarke has made a spectacle of himself, as have the media in their coverage of him.
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

>At least Ann is better looking than Rush

I'll agree with you there! I particularly like the attached picture.

>IMO Just another talking head that has to be controversal to get on
>radio/T.V. It worked for Rush he gets paid very well for talking trash.

Yep, and Stern, too. Rush seems a bit more thoughtful than Ann though.