Gawain

"[beaten]...to death with a claw hammer..."

Story here.

Thursday, March 25, 2004
Associated Press

DETROIT — Two teenagers who authorities say beat the grandmother of one of them to death with a claw hammer because she opposed their lesbian relationship were convicted Thursday of murder.

Separate juries found Larqueta Collier, 16, and Sharon Patterson, 17, guilty in the slaying last September of Bertha Atkins. Collier also was convicted of arson for setting fire to her 64-year-old grandmother's house.

The teens were tried as adults and face a mandatory life in prison with no chance of parole when they are sentenced April 13.

The grandmother lived with her daughter and her granddaughter. The teenagers hatched the murder plot after Collier's mother told the grandmother to keep Patterson out of the house, investigators said.

After the crime, the two teenagers went to see a movie, then surrendered to police.

Yeah, nothing like catching a movie after beating someone to death. geeez....:S *sigh*
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

It's not a "hate crime" though. It would only be a "hate" crime if two heterosexual people beat a lesbian to death with a hammer. That would be far worse...

Apples and oranges. They didn't kill her because of her class, they killed her because she didn't approve of their's. If they killed her because she was heterosexual, that would be a hate crime.

think the "claw type" hammer should be banned.

Wouldn't that infringe upon my Constitutional rights to bear "claw type" hammers?

Not that I would bear a hammer mind you I prefer to hire"hit" men for "claw type" hammer work:)

It's not a "hate crime" though. It would only be a "hate" crime if two heterosexual people beat a lesbian to death with a hammer. That would be far worse...

Apples and oranges. They didn't kill her because of her class, they killed her because she didn't approve of their's. If they killed her because she was heterosexual, that would be a hate crime.

Indeed. We all know that the murder by claw hammer would have been far worse had they done it because she was a heterosexual.

Goodness, I detest "hate crime." Just call a "crime" a "crime."

My wife is hotter than your wife.

For those that don't know the "claw hammer" see attached. They're everywhere. :o:S:P
Make light!

Wow. We still don't know whether it was a framing hammer or a finishing hammer, though. We sure should be on the lookout.

I'd be in favor of suing the hammer manufacturers. They should be made safer. Revolvers have hammers. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Hammer manufacturers and gun manufacturers are in bed together. Let's wipe them out.

For the children..

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Hammer manufacturers and gun manufacturers are in bed together. Let's wipe them out.

For the children..

For the children, that's my dad's favorite phrase to make fun of. You left out the whiney voice. :P
Make light!

They'll have to pry my "claw type" hammer from my cold dead hands

Everyone must join and vote....

KEITH for President of the NCHA ( National CLAW HAMMER Association)

How much will THIS lifetime membership be... do I get a kewl hat with braids on it.. and which magazine... I get Womens Outlook from the other guys:)

Everyone must join and vote....

KEITH for President of the NCHA ( National CLAW HAMMER Association)

How much will THIS lifetime membership be... do I get a kewl hat with braids on it.. and which magazine... I get Womens Outlook from the other guys:)

Sorry, due to third-party-liability insurance, annual dues will be approximately $250.00. :S:P Oh, and the magazine will be monthly newsletter from Sears and Craftsman. :D
Make light!

Maybe the Sheriff will sponsor a volunteer claw hammer turn in. That way they can redistribute our tax dollars to people who turn in old claw hammers. I fell safer just knowing that some one is thinking about protecting me from claw hammers.:S

Don't run out of altitude and experience at the same time...

Claw hammers are very dangerous....look at who uses them most....carpenters!:|...damn evil profession I tell ya..

Now ball pein hammers are tools of the mechanic...when was the last time anyone posted about a death from a ball pein beating?

Something to think about ..isnt it?

Edited: to correct a spelling thingy......i before e except after c my ass >:(

Now ball pien hammers are tools of the mechanic...when was the last time anyone posted about a death from a ball pien beating?

WELL now that you bring it up

http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/streiber/273/sutcliffe_cf.htm

Method/Weapons Used - Stabbing, Strangulation, Bashing / Ball-Pein Hammer, Knives, Claw Hammer, Hacksaw, Screwdrivers, Rope

On the 23 April 1977 Patricia Atkinson, who was living alone in a small house in Bradford, went down to her local pub for a drink with her friends. After a while she decided to leave the pub and walk home. She was not seen all the next day but people thought she was just recovering from the night at the pub. The next day friends visited and found that the door to the flat was unlocked so they entered. As they went in they saw her body on the bed, her clothes pulled off, she was stabbed seven times and the killer had slashed the left part of her body. It seemed that she had been attacked as she entered the flat, with four blows from a ball-pein hammer, then the killer dragged her dead body on her bed and proceeded to mutilate it. It was no doubt the Yorkshire Ripper - a size seven wellington boot print had been left on one of the bed sheets, the same as the one left at the crime scene of Emily Jacksons murder.

If you are going to do evil things with a hammer at LEAST know the proper one to use:S

http://www.hammernet.com/select.htm

OH THE HORROR

Sadly true. Rocket has it - a crime is a crime because of the action. Don't worry, many people will stand up and try to protect these murderers because of it.

The problem with claw hammers is they are created for only one thing - to kill

Sign on door at work - "This establishment prohibits claw hammers" (except it of course is in all caps)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants