Vallerina

Randomly meeting other skydivers

Yeah, I'm sure we've talked about this before, but I have a cool little story to share with you all.

I went to my belly dancing class last Wednesday, and I got there a few minutes early. Some of the girls were chit chatting, and I overheard one girl talk about skydiving. My ears perked up, and I eventually walked over to her and asked, "Do you skydive?" She moved up from FL, has about 300 jumps, and is going to jump at Hinckley this summer! :)
I've ran into skydivers at bars, restaurants, Navy Pier, etc, but I never expected to run into one in my belly dancing class! It was just kind of a cool moment!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Your next challenge is to meet a male belly dancing skydiver.:P

I gave a male skydiver his first lesson in belly dancing on Saturday. He did rather well for his first time. He has to work on the flexibility in his torso (he doesn't arch much), but he is a natural at hip shimmeys. I think he just wanted to play with the finger cymbals.

Was it Melissa, longer brown hair?
She's in grad school & most of us met her @ the CSC formal holiday party.

But on your topic, it rocks!! Although most people in chicago area i meet jump @ SDC.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Was it Melissa, longer brown hair?
She's in grad school & most of us met her @ the CSC formal holiday party.

Yes! She said that she recognized me from Hinckley, but maybe I spent too much time when the bar opened up at the holiday party or something. :S

Last year, purely by chance, Andy and I met Matty Wright (one of Hinckley's videographers) and his GF on our condo building's rooftop. We were all up there using the communal bbq grills. I happened to be wearing my SkyVenture t-shirt at the time. Matty saw this, and said, "Hey! Do you guys skydive?" Of course we all got to talking...one of those conversations that involved saying, "Oh yeah? Cool, me too!" a lot. ;)

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

I've met 2 skydivers in airports. One was when I was boarding a plane, and a guy could tell my bag was a gear bag with a rig in it. The other was on another flight. He was a newbie reading, "The Skydiver's Handbook". The book clued me in...I'm smart like that. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I could just see Seth with these finger cymbals, bashing them together like the little wind up monkeys. :D

But yeah, the thought of Seth gyrating his hips scares the shit out of me. :D:D:D

When're you two coming back down to SGC????

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

I met one of the skydivers from my home DZ at my 10 year high school reunion.

The weird thing was, I knew him from the DZ. And I remembered him from high school. But neither one of us made the connection until the reunion. I just had two separate "people" in my brain, for what actually turned out to be the same person.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com