piisfish

how do you like my country ?

I got to drive a couple fellas from Eloy to Perris during the New Year's Holiday. They were from Switzerland, in Enges (? Is that the right town)?

Blasted across Interstate 8 at 120MPH, listened to tunes and learned a little french (for me) and taught them a little english. Two kewl dudes, from what sounds like a kewl country.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Switzerland? I honestly find them to be charming, wonderfully kind people. I spent a short time at Champerey (spelling?) and I loved it.

You guys rock!!

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Champery, just in front of the Dents du Midi ?? that's where I learnt paragliding 15 years ago, in Champoussin precisely.
and what did you do there ?? did you go for skiing ?? climbing ??
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I love visiting Switzerland. I have spent time in Romanshorn (where my uncle is). I have vacationed in Interlaken - which is a wonderful place IMO. I also have a good friend down in Yverdon that I visited. Everything I've seen in Switzerland is breathtaking - especially those metallic blue lakes in Interlaken, and the lush green snow capped mountains. My experience with the people has been nothing but good. I can't wait to go back. This time, I'm bringing my rig!! B|

Neither. I toured across Europe with a symphonic orchestra, and we played for the townspeople there. They repayed the favor by throwing us a 4th of July fondu party. :)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Right, Interlaken is great... nice little city, 2 lakes, mountains, any activity available from city center in just a few minutes. Not a cheap place, but worth the stay.
I had the chance to stay at the Beau Rivage hotel... for free... was realy an awesome weekend.
if you come over with your rig, PM me, we'll find places for you to jump. And see the lakes from above

do you remember the names ?? was it Joel and Yves by any chance ?? Enges is possible, it's close to Neuchatel and that is the region where they live.

It was Joel and Yannick. ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I've never been but I would LOVE to!

We have a regular jumper at our DZ (Skydive Ogden) from Switzerland. Awesome freeflyer and great guy.

Being a former ski instructor from Utah, the lure of the Alps beckons. Some day........

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

just a question for those who have been there, what were your impressions, positive and/ or negative.

The good: Extremely beautiful country and friendly people. I liked that there weren't many cars in Bern. It was nice walking through the city streets. Outstanding cheese and very good white wine (I have a bottle of Fendant in my pantry that I'm saving for a special occasion). I loved eating fondue in a restaurant in the alps with a woodburning fire in the center. I wish my wife would have been with me.

The bad: Everything was very expensive. The people were very unwilling to discuss their own problems but very interested in ours (the U.S.). They were surprised that we were so candid in discussing our problems in the US. The French act the same way.

I'm wanting to return sometime with my wife for a non-business trip. The whole country looked like a post card.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

I spend some time in Lugano and Zurich and enjoyed it a lot. My sister went to The American School and had a great time there too. Beauteful scenery, friendly people, and great ice cream :)
When I was there I remember taking a train through the mountains and the views were spectacular - one postcard after another.

Never been there but i think quite highly of your country. Seems to be the most perfect country I can think of. "they really have their shit together" as we say here. It would be my first and longest stop if ever visiting Europe.
Speaking of paragliding sort of..... back in 1987 or 88 i ordered a video of the "Pago Jet" one of the first powered parachutes. I think it was made in Steinhaussen.
Never got a pago jet , but i still want one. Do you remember this company ? Pago jet Caltec Vertriebs AG

I like to so much I'm writing the president and urging him to invade and annex it. :P

Seriously. I've spent around six months total in Switzerland. I've visited most of the countries in Europe and North America, and a good bit of Asia. I've been to North Africa and the Middle East, but not sub-Saharan Africa or South America.

Of the places I've visitied, Switzerland is absolutely my favorite. If the opportunity arose, I'd move there in a heartbeat and spend the rest of my life there. Switzerland, in a word, rocks.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Nice place to visit, but the gun laws suck. I must be able to kill things or people (I accept responsibility for my actions) and take the consequences. Also, not a long enough summer!!!

It's all good!!!

Arvel
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

no shit! i cant believe this is posted... I am obsessed with switzerland... well, interlaken. it is my favorite place on earth and the coolest people in the world live there. the view from altitude is amazing in the little porter too:) i love it there and want to go back for the life of me and i WILL live there in this lifetime, no doubt about it! i am getting a little vaclempt(sp?) thinkng about it cause i miss it sooooo much. besides that, i have been skiing in the swiss alps and that was cool. also when we were leaving the country me and my friend got flashed my a dude in the train stationg in geneva. he took his dick out and flopped it around at us when we passed eachother! what the fuck?
i love love love love love love love love love interlkan for LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant wait to be back thereB|

I represent Switzerland's government and many of its engineering and science undertakings in North America.

I also jump in Switzerland and run Jungfrau.

My closest personal friend and law colleague is Swiss, he also is a Swiss novelist see http://www.acfrieden.com and http://www.amazon.com, our birthdays are 2 days apart and we are lifelong friends. We are both trained marksmen. Many of my other true friends are Swiss.

My vote is entirely positive, surprise!

Switzerland's greatest strength is its people, even when they choose to expatriate themselves however briefly. You may be uncontented at this moment, Swiss citizenry is good for the world but places extra burdens on the individual. Take a break, spend some time in Ottawa or Chicago Illinois. I believe eventually you'll choose return to a country with amazing people.

D. James Nahikian
CHICAGO

Speaking of paragliding sort of..... back in 1987 or 88 i ordered a video of the "Pago Jet" one of the first powered parachutes. I think it was made in Steinhaussen.
Never got a pago jet , but i still want one. Do you remember this company ? Pago jet Caltec Vertriebs AG

don't know them, and ultralight/powerd paragliders etc are strictly forbidden in our country.
see, it's not so perfect...

Switzerland. Cool knives, nice clocks, great chocolate. :)Nice place, I like it, spent most of my time there in and around Zermatt.
Jumped at Chateau d'Oex along time ago, great people, great scenery.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Last November I had to work for 5 days in Switzerland. Stayed in Meilen (20min away from Zürich). Was a nice place, people in company were very friendly. I was wondering about the smell of marihuana every day in the trainstation, really crazy :P.
Hotel and food was very expensive, but i enjoyed it, cause my company payed :)For holidays i wouldn't go because all i can have in switzerland (mountains, snowboarding, lakes between mountains) is also available in my country (austria) for less money ;).
But i hope to come soon for work again :ph34r:

Bloody expensive, but what scenery.

I have been blessed by jumping in Lugano.

Freefall between two mounain tops and a lake (Lago di Maggiore) underneath.. We had -6 degrees Celsius on the ground and snow and we had -6 degrees on 3800 m, exit altitude...

Awesome...
Schwede
"Das Leben ist schön, nicht immer aber immer öfter"

i have been to switzerland a total of like 6 times... every time has been wonderfull, well besides the anit-WTO ralley i got caught in in geneva.. friend of mine livd in st. croix and nw geneva. got to go to her weding was very diffrent as it was in french and german and the format was diffrent. the contry is very nice with nice people as far as i met. to include hangingout in the small town pub in her town and in the bigger cities. it was an experiance wondering around zurich drunk one night when i was there for work. very cool though. even managed to order a piza in german and get what i wanted... well the first time, the second pizza had anchovies on it and that wasn't so cool...... i will definatly be back some time to visit her, i'll have to look ya up!!!!