gonecountry

Ex-Prez making another jump.

This in from an online news source:

Former president plans skydiving on birthday.

Former President George Bush hasn't had enough air time yet. For his 80th birthday, he's planning his third skydiving feat since 1997 -- and fourth jump ever. The former president also plans a party in College Station, Texas, June 12 (his birthday) and June 13 so friends and admirers can watch the next leap. Tickets will be sold, with prices beginning at $100 and the proceeds going to charity. "Clearly, after his first jump, I think he was hooked," Chris Needels, executive director of the U.S. Parachute Association and staff member on Bush's National Security Council, told The Dallas Morning News.

Aggiedave, is he doing this at Skydive Aggieland? It would be kinda cool to watch.

Peace.
Jeff
--------------------------------------------------

In order for evil to flourish, all a good man has to do is nothing.

"Clearly, after his first jump, I think he was hooked,"

lol, right. Does he like it? Obviously. Is he 'hooked'? no. You don't make only 4 jumps in 7 years if you are 'hooked'.

Consider the following:

He's 80 y/o...not like a 19 y/o who can go for weeks on end...he probably tires easily.

Everytime he wants to take a jump, all us taxpayers spend thousands (millions?) to send the GKs TDY to jumpmaster him, the USSS to provide exceptionally expensive security, and all the other stuff.

I'm guessing the jumpplane gets a once-over from a Presidential Air Group mechanic, at tax expense...

The security at the (temporary) DZ, at tax expense...

The TFRs/NOTAMs, as well as the Army air assets to guard said TFR...at taxpayer expense...

I'm glad he's not jumping 24/7--Imagine the cost!

I'm guessing the jumpplane gets a once-over from a Presidential Air Group mechanic, at tax expense...

Oh, man...that kills me. I wonder what the USSS thinks when they look at a jump plane. Probably something along the lines of, "No, sir...here, use one of ours."

Not a dig at the pilots, DZOs or mechanics, but we all know those planes are ridden hard and put away wet.

-C.

Skydive Arizona used their Skyvan as did Crosskeys for his previous 2 jumps. Less bending over in that type of plane then in an Otter. I bet SDA is using their planes this time around too. That or military.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Anybody know which plane he jumped from the 1st time? Bueller?

Phree beat me to it... (I thought it was a CASA - guess it was a Skyvan). I just remember seeing him hit his head on the Good Stuff DVD. Didn't realize he was that tall but then again anyone looks tall next to Andy!:D

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Aggiedave, is he doing this at Skydive Aggieland? It would be kinda cool to watch.

Sort of, he's doing it at the Bush Library on TAMU's campus. Right now, there isn't much hard information on how/what/who except that its going to be at the Library and the GKs are doing the jump.

Don't worry, once I have more information, it'll be posted, and I'm getting the info straight from the source, the director of the presidential library (the former military advisor for Bush Sr. when he was the VP) is a jumper at Aggieland.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Anybody know which plane he jumped from the 1st time? Bueller?

Phree beat me to it... (I thought it was a CASA - guess it was a Skyvan). I just remember seeing him hit his head on the Good Stuff DVD. Didn't realize he was that tall but then again anyone looks tall next to Andy!:D

Actually his 1st jump was from an Avenger torpedo bomber.;)

lol, right. Does he like it? Obviously. Is he 'hooked'? no. You don't make only 4 jumps in 7 years if you are 'hooked'.

Yes he is, actually, BUT, his wife has said in no uncertain terms that this will be his last jump! And he had to wait for a special event like his b-day to do it again.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."