chopchop

Living with epillepsy

Ok...I've been sitting here watching this thread and all of the people trying to convince you to go to the doctor. So, since you're worried about $$$, let me put it to you this way.

MONEY CAN BE REPLACED!!! PEOPLE CAN NOT!!!!

So...screw the money issue...screw the insurance issue...as has been said before:

[B][RED]GO TO THE DOCTOR NOW!!![/RED][/B]

This isn't something to mess with. What do you think Roy would rather have - a doctor bill to pay or a dead Plaything?

Edited to add - not saying you're going to die, but you don't know what's going on.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Ok...I've been sitting here watching this thread and all of the people trying to convince you to go to the doctor. So, since you're worried about $$$, let me put it to you this way.

MONEY CAN BE REPLACED!!! PEOPLE CAN NOT!!!!

So...screw the money issue...screw the insurance issue...as has been said before:

[B][RED]GO TO THE DOCTOR NOW!!![/RED][/B]

This isn't something to mess with. What do you think Roy would rather have - a doctor bill to pay or a dead Plaything?

Edited to add - not saying you're going to die, but you don't know what's going on.

:|[:/]

Can I deal with the added stress of more huge medical bills?

I hope that I am not out of line, but Roy loves you right? Can't he stop jumping for a little while and pay for yor bills himself from his jump money? This is your life and your health that we are talking about.

We are all freaking out because we feel so helpless that you two are being soooo stubborn...or apathetic. (I not sure which.)

This whole thing is so frightening to me, I wish it was for you too. Isn't there somewhere you could go see a doctor that would give you financial assistance??? Come on.....think girl, you really should be seen by a doctor, what if you don't make it without a serious problem in a month?

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Can I deal with the added stress of more huge medical bills?

I hope that I am not out of line, but Roy loves you right? Can't he stop jumping for a little while and pay for yor bills himself from his jump money? This is your life and your health that we are talking about.

We are all freaking out because we feel so helpless that you two are being soooo stubborn...or apathetic. (I not sure which.)

Tried to PM you, but couldn't... We didn't mean to make anybody worry. [:/]
I have to lay down now.. I have no energy at all. :|

EVERY Doc I know will see patients regardless of financial need. We'll charge you a little less, or set up payment plans, or put you in touch with organizations who help defer costs of health care. There is always a way. There's not a doctor alive that would rather see you a human vegetable with mud for brains than do a free or discounted exam or help you out with payment plans or whatever.

My neuro, when I didn't have insurance, only charged me $50 a visit. MRI maximum is about $1500, EEG somewhere along the lines of a couple hundred bucks. Most seizure meds have been around so long they are generic and cheap. LET YOUR DOC KNOW MONEY IS A CONCERN right from the start, it will help him work with you to get the care you need.

At this point you are coming up with excuses on why not to go, get your fanny to a neurologist. Every day you wait is more damage done to your brain.

Sorry to be so blunt, but sometimes people need to hear the truth this way to wake them up as to what they are doing to themselves. Please take care of yourself, I wouldn't be posting if I didn't give a flying rat's ass about your health.

Jen (Mrs. Chad)

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.
Pelt Head #3

Okay, so I brought this thread back up to let everybody know that I am starting to take this medication today for my seizures. It is called LAMICTAL and it is a five week program... if it works I will continue it. Also, I'm very interested in the "Seizure Dog" thing, and someone on this thread told me that they are pretty east to get, but I have been having a hard time with any information on them.... Any suggestions?? :S

Thank you everybody for all your help.

Lany

I dunno anything about a "seizure dog", but for what it's worth, I'm really glad you went to the doc about it. Hope it works out for you, let us know.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

i am on the same medication, been on meds since i was a child when i found out i had epilepsy.... thanks to that i have only had minor siezures every few years.... i go into trances instead of convulsions... although its not major ... it still affects some of the things that go on in everyday happenings...
as far as a siezure dog... great idea... i had one when i was growing up
dear soul had to lay him to rest about 9 years ago...
but good luck..
and many happy dives:)

Okay, so I brought this thread back up to let everybody know that I am starting to take this medication today for my seizures. It is called LAMICTAL and it is a five week program...

Thank God that you went to the doctor, Lany. Good for you. Take care, and please keep taking your meds for the whole 5 weeks, even if you don't initially get better. You need to take care of yourself. Good luck!

:)
J

Hello everybody... I brought this thread back up because I thought there was a link on here that someone posted to a seizure web site, but now I can't find it. [:/] ... I am almost done taking my medication... ( I missed some doses... I can't seem to be good at remembering them) This medication was given to me a while back ago when I went to the doctor for seizures a couple of years ago but I never took them because I thought they went away... so anyway, the update is that My insurance starts up in June.
Since taking the medication that I have here, the seizures have gone from everyday... to every other day .... to every three days... to about almost a week... and Roy said they have been much less severe but then when I started taking the higher doses as in the instructions, they suddenly hit me like a brick!! . [:/] I had two bigger ones, two days in a row!! ... I don't get it .... Can the dose actually be too high?.... I know, I won't know until I go to the doc..... But anyway that is my update for now.... Does anybody see that link on this thread??... I can't find it. :S

Thanks for reading.......

Lany

And I thought you had gone to the doctor recently for these seizures and got medication. It might not be a good idea taking old medications:S, when the dosage, times, etc. haven't been recently prescribed for you.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.