wildblue

Dangerous Company - Discovery channel

Dangerous Company

In September of 1985, Tennessee officials responded to the scene of a parachute accident. On the dead man's body, investigators found thousands of dollars, night vision goggles, a pistol, 75 pounds of cocaine, survival gear and no identification.

Feb 01 2004
@ 08:00 PM

Feb 02 2004
@ 12:00 AM
----

Is this a new show? It's 2 hours long.. I don't remember reading/hearing about it before.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Dangerous Company

In September of 1985, Tennessee officials responded to the scene of a parachute accident. On the dead man's body, investigators found thousands of dollars, night vision goggles, a pistol, 75 pounds of cocaine, survival gear and no identification.

Any idea what kind of a wingloading he was flying while hauling all that?

Never go to a DZ strip show.

Any idea what kind of a wingloading he was flying while hauling all that?

Dunno, but maybe if he had listened to Ron he'd still be around today to smuggle drugs. :D

ROTFLMAO

Shoulda used a modified tandem rig

Never go to a DZ strip show.

Andrew Thorton, BASE 78
Impact
Andrew is said to be a friend of Dave "Cowboy" Williams who is the first to bring a Cessna Caravan to skydiving. The same Caravan later crashed shortly after takeoff due to fuel contamination killing Dave and a full load of jumpers. Just previous to this event Andrew Thorton is found dead in the backyard of a doctor's house after a bungled night jump. He is discovered clothed in black garb, wearing night vision goggles and armed with a handgun. Attached to his harness are bundles of cocaine. It's been theorized that Andrew's drug delivery gone bad and the plane crash later are connected, but nothing is ever proven.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Andrew Thorton, BASE 78
Impact
Andrew is said to be a friend of Dave "Cowboy" Williams who is the first to bring a Cessna Caravan to skydiving.

Andrew was former 82nd Airborne and a former DEA agent.
The C-207 he jumped from was found a few days later along its flight path, in the top of a tree.
No one inside.
Andy wasnt the only one in the aircraft.
There's so much you youngsters don't know.

bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

There's so much you youngsters don't know.

Then do tell.

Whose plane was used in the filming? It was a KA and I think the tail was N9838Z but I'm not sue. It was white w/ a blue stripe and had a handle and a step.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

How true to real was it?

The facts are correct as I remember it.

However, the recreation had some flaws.

When they show the body of the skydiver in the driveway, they say he has a ripcord in his hand. But if you look at that so-called ripcord, I think it is actually a carabiner that they used as a substitute. It's too thick and too small to be a ripcord handle from those days.

And they also state that he never deployed his main parachute, yet there are no main risers present, and the big harness ring is sticking up all by itself, with the cutaway housings hanging loose. But they don't mention a cutaway - they say he went straight to his reserve.

I'll let Parachutist do the talking November 1985, At Presstime section. Trying to do the article on Cowboy's plane but can't get the file small enough to upload.

Rainbo
of all the people I've known, most weren't saints
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

Whose plane was used in the filming? It was a KA and I think the tail was N9838Z but I'm not sue. It was white w/ a blue stripe and had a handle and a step.

Also the other one on the show was N8664Z. They are both owned by skydive Suffolk according to the faa registry...

click

click

I think when Jesus said "love your enemy" he probably meant don't kill them.