TribalTalon

so.. where should i go?

i feel like packing up and bailing the fuck out of this worthless town for a bit. I've traveled just about everywhere in the U.S., from california to washington to maine to florida. and everywhere in between. :D this will be a road trip, so start posting some ideas for cool places for me to go. most likely i'll have already been there but who knows. :)

If you've never done the full on "tourist" thing in Washington DC, its a hell of a lot of fun. Hit up all the monuments and the Smithsonians, tour the White House, visit the Capital Building, etc.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I don't know, but when you find some place cool... let me know... I'm thinking CA would be a good place for me... I've never been there though... for someone's who been there... eh, who knows...

Good luck and let me know how that goes...

Sarah:ph34r:

Can you speak Spanish?

A friend of mine called me up, the first time he could get to a payphone in weeks. Deep in mexico.

He gave me directions to ge there, and I'm probably going soon.

Go to Presedio, TX. Then go to Okinaja, take a bus to Chiuaua. Then a bus to Creel. Then hitchhike to Krusarare (which I cannot even find on a map). From there, go out of town on the paved road, 2, 3 k's. There is a white house on the right, where a guy named Reyes (Lightning) lives. His son will kno where my friend is living.

He is currently living with the native indians, farming in their traditional style with them.

I cannot speak a word Spanish. I better learn quick!

:D

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

uhh this isnt the LAST road trip i ever wanna take. :D:D:D but sounds... interesting. better take alot of bribe money.

Yeah, Mexico can be fun but it can also get pretty hairy at times - A couple of co-workers of mine went across in Laredo to work. On the way back they got pulled over by the Federales for speeding - as if they have radars in those crappy VW's they use for police cars - and the driver was forced at gun point to drive to the ATM and take out $250 to pay the "fine". Our company refused to reimburse the dude because the Federales never gave him a receipt.>:( We had another guy who got busted for working without a proper permit - the bastards took all of his credit cards and ran them up to the limit, came back and said your "fine" is $7,462.18. When he asked how they came up with that amount the guy replied "That's your fine".

So next time I'm goin' on a road trip I'm headed to freakin' Canada:S

i feel like packing up and bailing the fuck out of this worthless town for a bit. this will be a road trip...

Um, a month ago you posted and said you were flat broke. And now you can afford a big road trip? You must have come into some money recently...

Also, Houston is far from "worthless".

As for where to go; you know the kinds of things you like better than anyone here, as well as where you haven't been before.

Did you notice the comment in his post? Let me bold it for you.

i feel like packing up and bailing the fuck out of this worthless town for a bit. this will be a road trip...

So what if he wants suggestions and feels like going on a trip. I feel like quitting my job, running away to a DZ and just saying screw the politics. Doesn't mean I'm going to do it. And, unless you're a creditor of his or his dad, what do you care if he goes?
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

actually, houston is worthless unless you're like over 25. :D:D i wanna find a place where young fellas like me are in vogue. :P and no, i cant afford a "big road trip". but.. so? if there's a will there's a way. :D besides, my car gets like 30-40 mpg so i can go quite a ways on not much moola.

So what if he wants suggestions and feels like going on a trip. I feel like quitting my job, running away to a DZ and just saying screw the politics. Doesn't mean I'm going to do it. And, unless you're a creditor of his or his dad, what do you care if he goes?

According to his subseqent post, he *does* intend to do it.

I'm not a creditor, and I recognize that it's none of my business whether he goes or not. It's his life, to do with as he wishes.

I was simply curious about his financial situation and how he could afford this.

Tribaltalon and I jump at the same DZ, and I consider him a friend. I think he knows that my comments were not intended in a mean-spirited way.

Your post definitely came across argumentary hence my response. Since you did not mean it to be argumentary, I apologize for the way my post came across.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Your post definitely came across argumentary hence my response. Since you did not mean it to be argumentary, I apologize for the way my post came across.

If it is any consolation Cora, i took it the same way and wondered if he had already responded to everything over in speakers corner and needed something to do.:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

No need to apologize - I can see how my message could be interpreted that way, and given that, your response was on-target. My fault for not making it sound more "nice" as I intended. :-)