AggieDave

Worst movie EVER

I loved Van Helsing. It's a good summer afternoon popcorn action/monster movie.

Worst movie ever is a toss up between Boondock Saints and Brotherhood of the Wolf. This could be a polar opposites kind of thing. Dave loved BDS and hated VH.

Ken
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

Worst movie ever: Point Break, Cutaway and Dropzone, but at least you can laugh at those... The only movie I ever walked out on was Unbreakable (untouchable?) with Brue Willis. That movie sucked....

Now I knew that Van Helsing would suck ass because of the millions of previews and ow long they were. The more hype a movie is the worst it is. Now Troy, I am sure will dissappoint me, but I still want to see it and I am really looking forward to The Day After Tomorrow. Oh yeah and the new Harry Potter, just because it will keep my son quiet for three hours or so.

You can say Van Helsing is an aweful movie, that's fine. I haven't seen it, it looks bad, it probably is. But it cannot be the "worst movie ever", not a chance. That title is forever reserved for Ringmaster, the Jerry Springer film, that was truly the most ridiculously bad movie- OF ALL TIME.
There is no debate, there can't be, it sucked so hard that everything became nothing, and life was empty. Shame on you Springer for infecting a piece of my memory that could have gone to remembering something less painful.
That is all!

The only movie I ever walked out on was Unbreakable

Sorry but you missed a great movie. Not for mainstream audiences though, that I'll agree with.

Blue ones,
Ian

Someone else told me that had I stayed and watched the whole movie it would make sense, but it was just so slow, and I couldn't sit through it, maybe if I see it on cable I will watch it again all the way through. Another movie that I wont watch, till it comes out on DVD and has the hear it in English option, is The Passion. I can't read and watch a movie at the same time. Like I actually paid to see Crouching Tiger hidden Dragon at the movie theater and I thought it sucked till I watched it on DVD, I think that is an awesome movie, once I got the chance to hear it.

My first clue is the preview where they had Dracula, the wolfman AND frankenstein in the same movie. I decided not to bother going unless someone told me it was good. Still waiting.

Hey now Abbot and Costello did a GREAT movie with all 3 charaters n it:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yup, never ever watch Van Helsing, you will regret it, then you will wonder how such a bad movie got the budget it got.

I'm not worried about the $4 I spent on the ticket, I just wish I had my 2 hours back.:P

Dude your missing the point of the movie. The suckiness was intentional. Van Helsing was never meant to be more than a tribute to the 1930's monster flics. The dialog and writing seems so bad because the writers made a conscious effort to make them mirror the older movies.

For those of you who haven't seen it, if you check your brain at the door and take Van Helsing for what it is, a B movie tribute built on an A-list budget, you'll enjoy it.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

Eyes wide shut!

At least it had nippy women in it! :)

That movie was so messed up, it was kinda good... :S

i'm still hoping its like clockwork orange, which means i'll need to see it a few more times before i get it... :)
and as for Van Helsing, it took my about 2 minutes to go from "great promising movie" through "WTF???" to "oh well, lets see how stupid it gets"

but you gotta love those romanian chicks... B|

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

Most posters have a very narrow view of cinema history. I'm surprised nobody mentioned the venerable "Plan 9 from Outer Space" which is often at the top of real "worst all-time film" lists.

Mostly this discussion is a validation that we are individuals. I liked "Unbreakable" very much. I also liked "Moulin Rouge," which was very stylized. I hated "Gone with the Wind."

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History