bshl

Great airshow photos

...Too bad no other countries can even come close to matching US capabilities...

Yep, the USAF and the air components of our sister services pretty much kick ass. All other countries either know our planes by buying one (RAF, RAAF, RCAF, RSAF, et al..) or being on the recieving end of an unpleasant experience provided by one...:D

Definately. US Airshows Rock. The only problem is that most Americans dont know that, and take it for granted. First US Airshow I saw blew me away. So much variety, and it doesnt stop. Friggin awesome.

Anyone been to the Dayton Airshow? Oshkosh? How do they compare with Edwards?

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

Dayton last year was just jaw dropping. I think the longest lull was about 10 minutes as the Blue Angels set up. Where else could you see the Snowbirds, the Thunderbirds and the Blue Angels all perform at the same airshow? The Jetpowered Waco, F15, F16, P-3 Orion, Patty Wagstaff, Aeroshell, and just about every other top name in airshows was there. Watching the Oracle biplane is just a thing of beauty as is the acrobatic gliders.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Definately. US Airshows Rock. The only problem is that most Americans dont know that, and take it for granted. First US Airshow I saw blew me away. So much variety, and it doesnt stop. Friggin awesome.

Anyone been to the Dayton Airshow? Oshkosh? How do they compare with Edwards?

I've seen lots of airshows.......Oshkosh rocks the hardest. I'm flying back in again this year. My 3rdB| Oshkosh.......yea baby!B|

Edit to add: But I'm not sure if the T-birds nor the Blues perform there. But still a great mix of military hardware and tons of civilian performers/acts.

That A-10 pic almost made me cry. I love that thing.

If you love the A-10, you'll love THIS video.. (make sure you right click, then SAVE AS - the download may be slow...the file is only 6.8meg though)

A year from now, I may even be able to tell you what it's like to fly the A-10...:P

Mike

Thanks for the link.
OUTSTANDING photos!!!
I attended my first Osh Kosh last summer and made it out to Wichita, too.
They had a really Neat night show.
I LOVE airshows. Even our local ones can be pretty neat...
I even went to one that was all Stearman Bi-planes.... Too Cool :)One of the things that inspired me to make my first jump last year, was seeing the Demo teams at the show and how much Fun they were having :)

here are a couple links for some of this year's shows:
http://www.aero-pix.com/schedule/sched2004dt.htm

http://www.deltaweb.co.uk/asgcal/index.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
earthbound misfit

But I'm not sure if the T-birds nor the Blues perform there.

No...
The military jet teams don't do Oshkosh.
And for 'political' reasons.
When a show has the Blues or the Birds they give up a lot as far as the jet team takes over much of the program with their rules and regs.
For example; If the Blues don't 'close' the show...not other act can fly for 60 minutes following their performance.

Shows that have the jet teams are trying to pull people in, and will put up with most any demand to get them.
Oshkosh doesn't have that problem.

BTW..
This will be my 21st year in a row skydiving into the opening of EAA AirVenture Oshkosh. :)
And last years Dayton show was THE BEST show I've ever seen.
All three jet teams at one show, and TWO jump teams!
(Golden Knights and us)
It seemed to go on forever!B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~