weegegirl

How good are you at packing for a trip?

Am I the only asshat out there who ALWAYS forgets to pack something?? Last weekend it was my cell phone... had to drive 30 minutes home to get it before I could leave. Now it's Wingnut's dytter. For f*cksake! I am waaaaaaaaaaaay to absent-minded!

weefegirl,

You're definitely not the only one. On just about every trip I make, I forget something.

And you when you remember when you've forgotten something? Yup, you always remember that you've forgotten it just when you reach that point in your trip where there's a serious conflict between turning back and just buying a new one. I hate that.

Have fun this weekend,

topher

"...there is a there out there..." - Tom Robbins

I pack in about 10 minutes. I often forget something, but as long as it's not my wallet, house keys or rig (if I'm skydiving), I can live without it. Really. Everything else is replaceable, or you can simply do without.

Last month I went camping and forgot a towel. But, ya know, a T-shirt does just fine for a towel.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I forgot my toothbrush this last trip and had to buy another one. I hate it when I do that.

Since I've been travelling a lot as of late, though, I am getting pretty good at packing.

:S
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

i SUCK at pacing, it can take me up to over an hour to pack for a weekend. i have been packing for the boogie for about 30 minutes now and nothing in the bag yet! shit, i gotta do this. i always over pack too. ok im going now
ok
bye

Since I started jumpin, I've actually remembered more things that I forget. I think that is also cause I tend to pack less now.

haha. not me. i wish. ever since i started jumping, i went from an xtra pair of jeans, a tshirt, and a toothbrush... to.... well... just wait till you see how packed my car is. :S between camping gear, skydiving gear, and clothes... things are out of control! hahaha!

I always forget something too. Just paced up for SGC last night, headed out for work this AM w/ the car loaded up.

Remembered I forgot my sunglasses. Guess my skydiving sunnies will have to do.

Like Wendy said though it's amazing what you can do w/o.

Then again, a dytter & cell are fairly important. Sorry [:/]

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Am I the only asshat out there who ALWAYS forgets to pack something?? Last weekend it was my cell phone... had to drive 30 minutes home to get it before I could leave. Now it's Wingnut's dytter. For f*cksake! I am waaaaaaaaaaaay to absent-minded!

I am too. That is why I use a checklist.

Blue skies,

Winsor

if it were my own dang dytter... i'd go without

that's the bitch of it - sorry for you having to spend the extra so-expensive gas. unless someone had a 2nd ditter they could lend out.

you are a good friend!! no one wants a sad wingie!

can't wait to meet you either! not sure yet on our arrival time [:/]

I use a checklist and lay everything out on my bed before it goes in the bag. And i try to discipline myself not to overpack!

With skydiving gear and clothes i start at my head and work my way down. Helmet, dytter, goggles, rig, alti, jumpsuit, freefly pants, shoes, etc. You get the idea :)

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I use a checklist and lay everything out on my bed before it goes in the bag. And i try to discipline myself not to overpack!

With skydiving gear and clothes i start at my head and work my way down. Helmet, dytter, goggles, rig, alti, jumpsuit, freefly pants, shoes, etc. You get the idea :)

wow... you're so organized! haha. are you one of those... metrosexual types?? :D:P you're cute. i need to take notes from you! :)

My way of packing.

I takeout alll my clothes with an idea of what will be done on the trp. I then arrange pants, shirts, socks and so on according to the number days. 5 days....5 piles of clothing. I then pack for 3 or 4 more days. The extra clothing usually includes 2 dress outfits, and 2 casual outfits just incase plans change. I lay i out on my bed, iron all of it and they lay it in the suitcase. I then for about 2 days everything I use throughout the day for self cleaning I place on the counter in the bathroom. the morning when I am leaving I go grab whateveris there and pack that too.

By this point you have everything....go through the trip in your mind..what you will be doing and what you will be using.....works wonders!

Joe
PS- I am really anal sometimes....lol
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

WOW!!! So many organized men in here!

If the trips for 3 days (like this one). I say, 4 tank tops, 4 short sleve t's, 2 long sleeve. 2 pairs of, shorts, capris/light pants & jeans. 5 pair of underwear & socks.

for grooming supplies, I go through my routines in my head. (while washing hair, wash face too, condition, soap w/ puff, shave, dry off, toner w/ cotton ball, moisturizer, brush teeth w/ brush & paste, lotion, meds & chapstick. done).

good for you.

ummm... this is how i packed....

was gonna pack all organized last night. went to the dz to grab camping gear from the winnebego. ended up coaching a new kid towards his A last night... had a few beers... hung out... got home late... no packing.

instead... woke up this morning... showered... started throwing a big pilo o' stuff on my bed... dumped out last weekends junk from the suitcase... started jamming stuff in for this weekend in no particular order. zip shut. grab bathroom junk. run.

1/2 way to work and have the big "oh, shit" moment where i realized i had forgotten that dang dytter.

oh, well. serves me right. :D:D:D

ha ha ha ha ha.

That's super rad!

I have my US visa interview on the 8th of June here in Johannesburg and if all goes according to plan i'll be at Perris at the beginning of July and then WFFC! Yee hah!

Also can't wait to meet all the people behind the mugshots! B|

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky