flyhi

Ripped Off For About 12 Jumps

16 May - I saw a PC101 on eBay. I wrote the seller asking about the condition, he wrote back

This is a used camcorder. The warenty in expired. It is 100% functionable. the only problem i had with it was the tape deck. That has been repaired. I have the recipt for that problem

I won the bid on 17 May and PayPal'ed the money to Derrick Smith as requested.

eBay wrote back

This email confirms that you sent a payment for $442.50 USD to
[email protected] for Sony DCR-PC101

I received nothing from ol' Derrick for about two weeks. I wrote to him and received no response. I wrote to eBay and they sent his phone number ((310) 503-8412). I called. He never answered, but I left a msg. No joy. I contacted PayPal. PayPal said:

Please allow at least 30 days for completion of this investigation.

Our investigation will be made on a best-effort basis and PayPal does not
guarantee funds recovery.

They said it would take 10 days for resolution. Today PayPal wrote back:

Our investigation has determined that the seller is at fault, and as a result we have attempted to recover your funds. $194.27 USD has been credited to your account.

This was my seventh transaction on eBay and the only one which went badly. Be that as it may, I will never use it again. Too much chance for a repeat of this.

Oh yeah, if anyone knows Derrick Smith ([email protected], [email protected]) of Los Angeles, how about docking real hard on him for me.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

Just sent him an email. Hope he has a big inbox. He'll have it come back to bite him in the ass. Not that it helps you out right now...

Sorry, that really sucks.
Oh, and if you are going to buy new, stay away from Broadway Photo, nothing but problems and scams. Personal experience.

take the time to appreciate the people around you.

This email confirms that you sent a payment for $442.50 USD to
[email protected] for Sony DCR-PC101

Our investigation has determined that the seller is at fault, and as a result we have attempted to recover your funds. $194.27 USD has been credited to your account.

What kind of math was this?

I do buy electronic items off ebay, but generally just new items from retail outlets. I'm more likely to go to craigslist for used items where I can pick them up.

If you need some backup up Hollywood and Chop I say we go and pay the bastard a visit. It would be hard but possible. Is this guy a jumper or just some dousch bad from L.A. Hollywood! Your make that big officer pay! Stop being a tight ass and just buy another one! while your at it pick me up a PC 9 also!
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Did you use a credit card to pay through PayPal? If so, contact your card company and cancel the charge.

Also, the reason you only got that small amount back was probably because that's all the money the seller had in *his* paypal acct.

This is why I use a credit card for purchases like that.:|
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Your make that big officer pay! Stop being a tight ass and just buy another one!

How soon we forget, grasshopper, the ex makes the big bucks. I make the mediocre bucks, remember?

while your at it pick me up a PC 9 also!

You ruined the surprise. That was going to be your wedding gift. Looks like we will have to go with the fondue set, now.

I had my PayPal set up on my checking account so as soon as they said it was paid, the money was gone. Why did I do that? Because they recommended it as the best way to go. Then again, I really thought it was a wardrobe malfunction. I'm trusting like that (read: Sucker!).
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.