Jbag

mud flaps

In most cases, senior. But better be a good one.

Mark

.... with a very carefully tuned double needle sewing machine - with a folder - to sew the binding tape. Hopefully he has also replaced a few dozen mud flaps before he touches your rig.

Mark

.... with a very carefully tuned double needle sewing machine - with a folder - to sew the binding tape. Hopefully he has also replaced a few dozen mud flaps before he touches your rig.

so i'm guessing its a pretty technique intensive operation.... its a mirage G4 FWIW. i live in san diego and i'm trying to figure out who could do it locally, hence me trying to figure out what is required.
IHYD

Mark

so i'm guessing its a pretty technique intensive operation.... its a mirage G4 FWIW. i live in san diego and i'm trying to figure out who could do it locally, hence me trying to figure out what is required.

Hmm...

For changing the mud flaps on G4 you need only a single needle sewing machine and 15-20 mins. But I guess that depends of the DOM of the rig. For the early G4's the mud flaps are sewn under the binding and then you need a double needle machine:S For the newer ones the mud flaps are sewn on top of the binding and for replacing them you need a single needle only. Call Mirage and ask them is the best you can do;)

Blue skies
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

Hi Deyan,

the binding and then you need a double needle machine

I have to disagree. A single-needle machine, some experience & some careful sewing will do the job just fine.

IMO it is a lot easier than trying to lineup everything with a 2-needle machine and still hold everything in place. Probably even a faster job using a single-needle machine.

Just my thoughts . . . YMMV

JerryBaumchen

Hi Deyan,

the binding and then you need a double needle machine

I have to disagree. A single-needle machine, some experience & some careful sewing will do the job just fine.

IMO it is a lot easier than trying to lineup everything with a 2-needle machine and still hold everything in place. Probably even a faster job using a single-needle machine.

Just my thoughts . . . YMMV

JerryBaumchen

I've replaced I don't know how many mud-flaps on various containers, using a 31-15. Most of those were because the owner wanted something embroidered on the mud-flap... after market. I just took my time to duplicate manufacturer's work. I understand, it's twice the sewing but done properly, the finished job looks like it was done with a double-needle machine.

Chuck