ACMESkydiver

If you could design your own DZ...

Oh Man- NOW I remember why I wanted to study architecture...

ACME, you have just inspired the architect in me...

Hmm... Now I have project to work on...:):D

Bonfire pit
Indoor and Outdoor packing
Covered porch area
Video room
Manifest Area
Covered cement area for creepers
Mock up
Pool
Swoopsters landing area
Non-swoopsters landing area
Lounge area with TV/video
... and I'm sure I'll add more...B|
(yes I stole some of the ideas)

these ar e the things that already exsist at Skydive Tecumseh-

- indoor and outdoor packing
- showers with HOT water
- a Tiki bar that faces the landing area
- power hook-ups for campers ( at least until they decide to move the trailer area)
- a video viewing area with a 10ft wide screen
- plenty of gear racks
- 2 huge landing areas with a ton of outs
- a bonfire area
- a very cool fire-pit
- an off-road golf cart
- a sweet mock-up for a C182
- covered creeper area big enough for 6-ways
- an open creeper area for 16-ways
- a full-service gear store and on-site rigging

I built or helped build everything listed with the exception of the very cool fire-pit. It's the only thing anyone talks about anymore, well done Brian Harris!

brent

~~~~Green grass and high clouds forever~~~~
no matter where you go, there you are!

We MUST have a kick-ass espresso stand on premises that delivers to the jump center

When ever I'm out at Perris for events, there is this little expresso stand that the guy sets up.

You said you were going to head out to Perris is Sept. What weekend? I'll be there. from the 10th till the 19th.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I would pretty much put in what everyone has already mentioned. But here are two things I would add. A company in europe is selling Zeplins for private or commercial use. (I am not sure on the exact details) But from what I understand it can carry 12 people. The only down side I see to a zeplin is you propably cant use it in very high winds.
My other idea for an ultimate drop zone is to build a 1000 ft plus radio tower and allow people to do legal base jumps from it. The tower would have all amenities at the base of tower- including an air conditioned packing area. The base tower would of course be atleast a mile from landing areas. So it will not interupt regular skydiving.

just my 2 cents

Needs to be somewhere south...MUST be a year 'round climate for jumping. And I just SO love palm trees!

Other than that requirement, you just desribed Skydive Chicago.

thats what i was thinking.. so we just need to move it south right?.. or, uh.. just build a big bubble around it that keeps it warm all the time.

-Seth :)

about your telescopic antenna... why not have on the other side of the swoop park a canyon with a bridge crossing it, an antenna on one side and a skyscraper on the other ??? you could have a BASE center all in one...

Because canyons are hard to 'build'...:P

and don't forget the live videos of the jumps transmitted on a screen at the bar...

Absolutely...actually I was already checking into what type of video we would need to transmit a wireless video from 3 miles away...gets pricey, but where there's a will, there's a way! :)

and a bounce proof area for people having double mals.... Yeah, the would automatically be directed there...

If only...[:/] That's really the only major and immediate draw-back to being a DZO of the ultimate DZ. Things happen. :(
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

We MUST have a kick-ass espresso stand on premises that delivers to the jump center

When ever I'm out at Perris for events, there is this little expresso stand that the guy sets up.

You said you were going to head out to Perris is Sept. What weekend? I'll be there. from the 10th till the 19th.

First weekend, but we're flying into Southern California then driving over to Las Vegas for a wedding. I really don't know when we'll be touring the area, but it'll be in there somewhere! :)
~Jaye

I don't know if it's already been said but mine would have a huge hammock put up somewhere for me to while away the long warm sunday afternoons. B|

Yes, lots of free-swinging and between the palm trees hammocks. I LOVE hammocks! :P
~Jaye

Oh Man- NOW I remember why I wanted to study architecture...

ACME, you have just inspired the architect in me...

Hmm... Now I have project to work on...:):D

Bonfire pit
Indoor and Outdoor packing
Covered porch area
Video room
Manifest Area
Covered cement area for creepers
Mock up
Pool
Swoopsters landing area
Non-swoopsters landing area
Lounge area with TV/video
... and I'm sure I'll add more...B|
(yes I stole some of the ideas)

I missed that...and I forgot to add a gear store in there too! Wow I've got a lot of work to do...:P;):)
~Jaye

There are a couple of other things you need for a perfect DZ.

A rigger who lends you a rig to jump while they re-pack your reserve after a mal.

You also need restricted airspace (jump planes only) as I have seen B52s fly under us as we turn to run in while jumping in the US.

A decent cafe that serves good, cheap food that is not just fried food or soggy sandwiches.

If you want views though you need to try Gap, France (free fall into the valley with 4000ft snow capped mountains around you).

Also, while not wanting to start a European/US war, you need Euopean beer, 'cos the fake stuff you have over there just doesn't cut the mustard (not to say I won't drink it when I'm in the US, but it's not even close to real beer).

Blue Skies

Paul

Hot tub.

Bill asked for a jet and a tailgate, we gotta be realistic, get an AN72.B|

If you build it, they will come......
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

not my own idea, but since we're talking ultimate dz here, how about a pair of 10000' runways meeting at right angles at their center, with all dz builidngs located at the intersection. that way no matter what direction the wind was blowing, the plane could land into the wind, stop at the boarding area, then take off without having to taxi anywhere. you'd also end up with 4 square miles of landing area. B| some strategically located tunnels would allow people to cross runways safely.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Yup, Skydive Chicago has just about all of that except the being in the South part. Our own pond, beach and river launch for canoe trips. HUGE VIP SkyBar with raised deck that over looks the landing area, onsite Chef with dinners in the SkyBar or the TikiHut that overlooks the pond.

Heated showerhouse.

On site gear store, master rigger, DPRE and full rigging testing.

4 mock ups in case you want to dirt dive a multiplane shot.

Workout room, multiple teamrooms with video station and larger team room with its own big screen.

Office space for rent if you want to move your job there.

Covered waiting area on the ramp with benches.

Kick ass manifest setup run by some of the coolest women.

Huge bonfire pit (attached), and plenty of quiet, intimate places for your own bonfire if you so like.

Outs? Not a problem (see attached, dz is just off screen at the bottom, but you can see the outs to the west))

We dirt dived a 300 way in our hanger, and I watched seven 4 way teams creeper it out during nationals at the same time.

We have a massage house and three onsite massage therapists.

Xbox? Well, it's not in the hanger, but there are a few in the trailer park with close to 200 slots in it. Or you could bring one and attach it to the 3 big screen tvs we have. Or maybe you can convince them to put it on the climate controled auditorium projection screen (has to be at least 40 feet tall) and sit in the reclining theatre seats.

We have off road trails for bikes, horses and yes even off road golf carts!

If you like the place enough you can buy a slot of land and build a house on the dz! Or you can bring a trailer, rent a place in the bunkhouse, or rent out one of the apartments they have. Or you can just tent it, we have plenty of grass with soft dirt to easily stake up camp site.

You forgot to add: private airport (no hassle with FBO) and personal fueling truck.

I've been to 22 other DZs and nothing else matches. I've yet to see Perris...maybe next year I will get out there.

WHAT?, You mean Aggiedave posted and didn't mention the On Site Freebirds? WTF?

Oh, and a Giant BBQ pit and someone from C&J's to run it.

Lets not forget about the landing area designed expecially for the canopy control course.

A beech 99 with Dash 34s!:)
Off site Space Ball area.

Paint Ball Range

Vendors - Lots of vendors that give you demos to play with.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

A rigger who lends you a rig to jump while they re-pack your reserve after a mal.

Should be plenty of rigs around, I'll loan ya one...;)

You also need restricted airspace (jump planes only) as I have seen B52s fly under us as we turn to run in while jumping in the US.

If only...well, as long as we're far enough away from any 'real' airports, shouldn't be too bad...

A decent cafe that serves good, cheap food that is not just fried food or soggy sandwiches.

Well, I was talking California, and from what I'm told these people are health food fanatics anyhow...:P

If you want views though you need to try Gap, France (free fall into the valley with 4000ft snow capped mountains around you).

Now there is where no California or Chicago or ANY other US DZ's could compare to Washington state...Ocean to the West, Mountains to the East, and a whole lot of green beauty below...:)

Also, while not wanting to start a European/US war, you need Euopean beer, 'cos the fake stuff you have over there just doesn't cut the mustard (not to say I won't drink it when I'm in the US, but it's not even close to real beer).

I agree, I got teased by a French-Canadian at my home DZ for trying to pay beer dues with American beer...never happen again...:P
~Jaye

not my own idea, but since we're talking ultimate dz here, how about a pair of 10000' runways meeting at right angles at their center, with all dz builidngs located at the intersection. that way no matter what direction the wind was blowing, the plane could land into the wind, stop at the boarding area, then take off without having to taxi anywhere. you'd also end up with 4 square miles of landing area. B| some strategically located tunnels would allow people to cross runways safely.

:oThat is a very cool idea...
~Jaye

- a video viewing area with a 10ft wide screen
- plenty of gear racks
I built or helped build everything listed with the exception of the very cool fire-pit. It's the only thing anyone talks about anymore, well done Brian Harris!

brent***

Ok, so the big screen TV's won't cut it any more...now we need a 10 foot screen. Ok, I can do that...:P So, when would you be available to begin construction of the Ultimate, Brent? :D:P
~Jaye

Workout room, multiple teamrooms with video station and larger team room with its own big screen.

Workout rooms. Yeah, that'd be cool.

Office space for rent if you want to move your job there.

Naw, ta hell with that. Don't want to deal with renting out 'commercial' space.

Or maybe you can convince them to put it on the climate controled auditorium projection screen (has to be at least 40 feet tall) and sit in the reclining theatre seats.

Now we're talkin'...B|

We have off road trails for bikes, horses and yes even off road golf carts!

Now all that was going to be attached to the property against my house...between my house and the DZ. Maybe I'll need a bigger tract of land. :P

You forgot to add: private airport (no hassle with FBO) and personal fueling truck.

EXTREMELY important, goes without saying! :)
PS, nice pics, Bo! ;)
~Jaye

Oh geez, we need a BIG ASS hot tub too, right off of the pool. Seats 10 comfortably, 18 uncomfortably. B|

Um, don't you mean 10 comfortably, 20 even more comfortably ;):P hehehe....

Perris & Skydive Chicago have all you want & more.

Sounds like Tacumsey has it, but so does Chicagoland Skydivin Center - well, no heated floors, pools, only one plne & it's in the north - but otherwise, it has everything.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

WHAT?, You mean Aggiedave posted and didn't mention the On Site Freebirds? WTF?

Joe wanted an on-site Taco Bell, and I wanted a Starbucks...:P

Oh, and a Giant BBQ pit and someone from C&J's to run it.

That could be catered for events.

Lets not forget about the landing area designed expecially for the canopy control course.

Well if we go with the 'X' runway idea, we'd have I'd say 3 distinct and separate landing areas...the 4th place would have to be for more buildings and ammenities...

A beech 99 with Dash 34s!:)

I liked your Beech when I was there in Aggieland...:)

Off site Space Ball area.

Naw, right on site. That will just add to the agility of people on the ground...:D:D

Paint Ball Range

That's a cool idea! Joe would love that...I'm thinkin' that goes somewhere between the house and the DZ...

Vendors - Lots of vendors that give you demos to play with.

During events, and maybe just for the hell of it now and then...as long as they don't get in our way! :P

Oh, and to the chick that suggested go-karts, yeah! That'd work!! B|
~Jaye