Paraman

BAD SELLER FROM ITALY - Ferdinando Villano, Be CAREFUL !!!

I want to tell you about bad seller Ferdinando Villano from Italy. Approx a month ago I wanted to buy the reserve canopy 120-130ft. I saw the offer of Ferdinando Villano. He was selling the reserve canopy Techno 128. I sent him 100% prepay. He sent me the canopy. When I got the canopy I was very dissapoint, because: 1)There was Thechno 115 instead of Techno 115 2)On the central cel of the canopy was a hole approx 7-10 cm. He sent me wrong and damaged reserve canopy. I can not understand what he a person, because the resevre canopy was made to save live. I made photos of the canopy, hole and package, which was not damagede. And sent it to him with ask:"Why he sent me the wrong and damaged canopy". He answered me that the shipping company was damage the canopy (it is not true, because the package did not damage). About that it was wrong canopy (not Techno 128) he did not give me the answer, and he did not agree to change me the canopy. I want to tell you that Ferdinando Villano from Italy, Caserta, tel +393331222114 is very bad seller and he could deceive you as he deceived me. Be careful. Blue Sky

No, this is not true
Paramonov Pavel Dmitrievich the Russian Federation, knows that the reserve was damaged at customs because the parcel was opened with a cutter.
The reserve was new was never used.
I have additional photos prior to the shipment.
The parcel had been assured the Italian Post.
I proposed to Pavel to resort to the Italian post office insurance, saying that when we had the compensation, he could keep both the reserve and the money.
But he was not agree, and therefore not able to access the insurance of the shipment.
This is the truth.
That is all.
Remain available to any user for clarification.

Regards.

OK, why did Ferdinando send me Techno 115 instead of Techno 128 as we told? I sent the canopy to Russian repair factory, the expert of the factory said that the reserve has 2 holes one on the top (that I saw approx. 7 cm) and other one symmetric on the bottom, second hole I did not saw, because I was very sad with first. The expert said that this canopy may landed on the tree or another sharp object. To Ferdinando I offered that he would send me the Techno 128 I would check the canopy and if it would OK I would send him the money minus the rest wich I would spend on the repair of Techno 115. But he did not answer anithing to me, that is why I want to say that he is a strange person. In acknowledgement of my words I have photos of the hole and of the package (package without any damage).

As I said in previous post, you only had to apply for compensation to the Italian Post Office damage reserve. RESERVE was never used.
It wos very simple answer to the problem.
I have additional photos prior to the shipment.
The parcel had been assured the Italian Post.
I proposed to Pavel to resort to the Italian post office insurance, saying that when we had the compensation, he could keep both the reserve and the money.
But he was not agree, and therefore not able to access the insurance of the shipment.
This is the truth.
That is all.
Remain available to any user for clarification.

Regards.

Since this is being discussed in public, I would like to comment.

I understand what you are saying, Ferdy - the reserve was OK when sent and seems to have been damaged in transit. You requested the buyer to seek insurance reparation from the IT postal service but he did not do so.

Yes?

But this doesn't answer the other issue. The buyer insists you sold him a Techno 128 ft² parachute but he received a Techno 115 ft² parachute.

Do you have a response to this claim?

Also - you might post the photos of the gear, as you have some. Bringing the fullness of this issue to light is probably the best way to resolve it. Hopefully the buyer hasn't hurt himself by delaying seeking remedy with the IT post office.

Nova
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

Hi NovaTTT,

Disclaimer: I know nothing about the procedures regarding insurance shipments in Europe.

A few years ago I received a shipment from Canada that was damaged; it had been shipped & insured via Canada Post.

I had a H--- of a time dealing with Canada Post but they finally accepted that it had been damaged in transit.

Then they paid the shipper and not me since he was the person who had paid the insurance.

Fortunately the shipper was a good fellow and he sent the money on to me.

Just my thoughts . . .

JerryBaumchen

PS) I also have noticed that he seems to gloss right over the issue on just what was bought & was was shipped. :S

I also had similar experiences with people from Caserta - Naples area in Itlay. A lot of scumbags. Maybe the sticky post on the gear classified should include Southern Italy as well as Nigeria for scam warning.
Sorry dude to hear this. Yeah ok now you can bash me because I am generalizing and this is not fair, since "I'm sure there also honest people from there". True, but that' s not the majority and this is a fact.

There seems to be a lot of drama of dizzy lately. This issue, which should have been/should be carried out privately, is playing out for all to see.

Is there enough popcorn to go around between this and the skygirl/skygypsie threads?

One waits with bated breath...and for a reply from Ferdy. ;)

"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

except for the part when the sellers need some public spankings.

In the last two weeks I have had two deals go from sour to the point of having to file a police report, and I at times felt that the people involved should have their names out in the public forum. But I was able to seek recourse, as both them and I are in the US.

In this case there are two guys one in Russia and other in Italy - I doubt much recourse can be had.

Just wait till you get screwed by someone who you cannot use the US legal system to pursue, I bet you will be asking for help and will be quite offended hearing the same old "harden the fuck up, cupcake" song.

I hear where you're coming from, and I've had my fair share of the shit. But this is, as far as we're able to see, a case of "he said v he said". I'm not prepared to judge either way - but as I said earlier, I think full disclosure and displaying of evidence will shine the light of truth onto the matter.

I hate to see a skydiver get screwed over - and I hate to see a lazy or avaricious person get it over on another. Who is whom in this matter?

Time will tell, perhaps. Until then, I reserve judgment.

As I said previously.
I have pictures of the reserva made prior to shipment, perfect, intact.
I MAKE THE ready to ship with insurance, Priprava because it was an expedition at risk.
The reserve was damage or loss to the customs, because they opened the box with cutter.
I said immediately Pavbel to appeal for compensation to the post office, but he was not in agreement.
To say what we did to make the shipment insured.
Regarding the incorrect measurements, there was confusion about the extent of the emergency.
For this I have offered to Pavel is the money of the damages that the insurance reserve.
I do not understand why so many problems, but takes around 15 days and the confirmation of Pavel on damage of the goods.

As soon as possible put the photos of the reserve that I sent to the forum.

Thank you all for your participation and suggestions.

Regards.

The reserve was damage or loss to the customs, because they opened the box with cutter.

Are you saying you saw or watched them open the box with a cutter?

Why would you want to do that? Your the buyer of gear that I had for sale, you asked for information. Which was given to you in a reasonable amount of time. When asked repeatedly what you wanted or would like to do, you have continually ignored any request that I have made to you. So I personally think you should just keep you opinions to yourself. (although that isn't what i would have preferrred to say). Your not that great of a person to comment upon someone else's buyer/seller agreements. I wouldn't recommend anyone do business with you either, but thats my own opinion.
So, you bring your beer?

Its 5 o'clock somewhere
POPS #9344

huh ????????????????????????

care to PM me the details ? I am still waiting to hear from you from weeks ago. As far as I know I have not gotten any details on the gear you offered me for sale.

Regardless of anything, I made no commitments to you, nor have you made any commitments to me, so I see no reason for you to slam me in a public forum. I can go on and slam every person who has ever inquired about gear I have had for sale, but that would be quite a large list.

Sorry that I did not answer immediate, I was on my DZ. The question is still open: Why the reseve canopy was 115 instead of 128? I did not get any answer. About the damege - I bought many gear form the USA and Europe and I have never had any problems. The shipping company and customs do not open the package because they x-ray all packages. I made experiment, on the first picture I cutted my handkerchief with cutter - you can see that the equal cut. But ont the second picture you can see that damage on the canopy - it is rough with sticking out threads. About the isuarence, I asked to make a minimal insuarence that I will not pay a big tax on my customs. In any case I did not think about the insuarence because it was a wrong canopy. Be carefull. Pavel

not an expert but it looks like the cut is simliar, due to the rip-stop and the nylon material of the parachute its not as clean of a cut as on the cotten but i would say the story matches.

If you are not expert - why are you try to make such assumption??

Hole in reserve wasnt cut - it was "punched" by something...
Lexa

not an expert but it looks like the cut is simliar, due to the rip-stop and the nylon material of the parachute its not as clean of a cut as on the cotten but i would say the story matches.

ripstop is exactly what it is - RIP STOP. When cutting it, it cuts the same. Look at how the fibers were pulled between the hole and the warning label. as well as at the fuzz around the hole - this was either done with a butter knife and some force, or was snagged/punched.

If you are not expert - why are you try to make such assumption??

Hole in reserve wasnt cut - it was "punched" by something...

b/c its the internet and no-one can stop me. i am allowed to have my own opinion on this even if it doesn't match yours.
IHYD

b/c its the internet and no-one can stop me. i am allowed to have my own opinion on this even if it doesn't match yours.

I have no problem with that - but this guy isn't looking for an opinion. He's looking for an experienced appraisal of his situation/damaged rig.

From that angle, and with your self-confessed lack of experience, your conclusion is not only wrong but could add unnecessary fuel to this fire.

I'm just sayin'. ;)

Paraman - please post photos of both damaged areas and the box the parachute was received in. Was this an Ebay purchase? If so, was it done outside of Paypal?

Nova