PhillyKev

AggieDave...it's your fault....

Got a nice bonus check today and I'm taking it all and going to buy this tomorrow.

I think you should buy all the girls on the forums cute stuff from Victoria's Secret instead. ;)

I agree. You know that would be money well spent! :P

I am shopping their online semi-annual sale right now...YAY!

:)

Hi Philly & Dave

Damn now I'm gonna have to get a bike for the "Boss" (wife). I Hope she doesn't want a sissy bar. I know where to hold on.

I was surprided stopped by the local Harley Shop a new 800cc only $8k.

Of course the salemen was showing some dude and his babe a big boy bike. "The same one Arnold drove in terminator ?" :S only $23K. The saleman even let the dude and his babe sit on the bike.B|

That's just fuckin' insane. I don't care what fancy schmancy shit is on the bike, or how much chrome it has -- you're paying for a NAME in that case. Besides that, I can't see why any motorcycle should cost as much as or more than my CAR, which was sticker priced around $18-19k.

If I had the money, the bike I'd want is the Honda Nighthawk 650. I have always loved the way it looks, and I don't need the ridiculous power of a crotch-rocket, or the too-laid-back riding position of a cruiser. Something that says "athletic" without saying either "slob" or "irresponsible" either.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Besides that, I can't see why any motorcycle should cost as much as or more than my CAR, which was sticker priced around $18-19k.

For a one off handbuilt custom bike I can justify big prices, hell, do you know how much a car would cost if built like a true on custom bike?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Besides that, I can't see why any motorcycle should cost as much as or more than my CAR, which was sticker priced around $18-19k.

For a one off handbuilt custom bike I can justify big prices, hell, do you know how much a car would cost if built like a true on custom bike?

But are we talking about such a custom bike? I don't think so. I think we're talking about some of the standard higher-end Harley Davidsons, and I just don't think they're worth it.

I can barely see why a Honda Nighthawk should cost what, $6000, $7000??!

I used to think I'd end up buying a bike; I've always always wanted one -- but they're just too damned expensive. Even people selling used ones haven't got prices low enough that I'd feel comfortable paying them.

Of course, I did blow 4 grand on a skydive rig that I could have used for a motorcycle... But I couldn't go on without my own rig. :S

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

But are we talking about such a custom bike? I don't think so. I think we're talking about some of the standard higher-end Harley Davidsons, and I just don't think they're worth it.

Chill Winston, this isn't speaker's corner, I'm not arguing with you. Go back and reread what I posted, I was agreeing that with a H-D you're buying the name.

If I had the money, the bike I'd want is the Honda Nighthawk 650. I have always loved the way it looks, and I don't need the ridiculous power of a crotch-rocket, or the too-laid-back riding position of a cruiser. Something that says "athletic" without saying either "slob" or "irresponsible" either.

Be careful who you call a slob... ;)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Nice, very nice HH..........good taste in scoots.

Here's what I ride with my beer belly and hips hanging over the seat and my beard hanging down to my unmentionables...............:P:D Gonna get another (larger) next year, but with the mods that I will be doing to this one - this year - I'm keeping it as well.

Take a look at the Suzuki Marauder. Sounds like you might like it.

'nother trick is to simply tell them to look over your shoulder on the side of the turn - so with a left turn, have them look over your left shoulder and so on for the right - forces them to ride with the bike. I'd rather they have the hands on the tank, than wrapped around me - especially with those Brembo calipers, else one hard stop with an extra 100 + some number pounds pushing on ya, certain important items are gonna get really squished into the tank. [:/]

Hi PJ & AD

I used to think I'd end up buying a bike; I've always always wanted one -- but they're just too damned expensive. Even people selling used ones haven't got prices low enough that I'd feel comfortable paying them.

Of course, I did blow 4 grand on a skydive rig that I could have used for a motorcycle... But I couldn't go on without my own rig. :S

-

Interesting discussion about what to do to get the most bang for the buck.

$4k rig, tandem, video, Aff, coaching, tunnel time, Beer, lift tickets, USPA, reserve repacks, Medical bills and sitting around the DZ..

Vs Buying a fun bike, hitting the open road buy some gas money, mechanic work, Medical bills.

So many choices, Mr thinks getting my 15 y.o. gear out of the closest ,cost less than $100 to get back in the air and buy the wife a nice two wheeler for $8-10K. Plus I get to hang on tight for a nice ride.

Maybe the best of both worlds.:)
Choices, choices, so little time maybe get the wife a private pilots lisense and skip the medical expenses.:o

R.I.P.

Well, I didn't get the bike I originally posted about. I checked it out, the guy told me he was getting a dozen more in that week so decided to wait and see what else he got. It was sold the next day. Don't feel too bad about it, it was purchased and shipped to a US soldier in Iraq. So that's pretty cool (the guy said he's sold 3 this year that were shipped to Iraq).

Well, ended up getting one this past weekend (and riding it all weekend....and man, is it sweet.)

Here's the one I got.

You're just lucky he don't have any of those Honda R stickers...I'm not sure about bikes, but I've found out with cars (doesn't matter what kind of car) each sticker adds 30hp!