skycutie

Metrosexuals?

Certain groups of men in society have been wearing some sort of makeup for the past 30 years. Not homosexuals even, just guys (the glam rock crowd for instance), then the new age crowd...

I doubt it'll become a norm in any short amount of time...short in the historical sense, like a couple hundred years.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You have to remember, for several hundred years, it was the "in thing" for everyone to be paler than death with rosy cheeks (because only peasants and workers were in the sun).

Then modern world travel began, and suddenly the in thing was a tan (because only the rich could afford to flit off the the French Riviera).

The make up chicks wear now is a result of a lot of things coming together (you have noticed it's similar in a lot of far off places), and not likely to change. Men, on the other hand, really have a choice. We can set now what will happen, whether we follow some freaks and fruits in LA, NYC, Paris, Tokyo, etc, or we follow what our fathers have done.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

We can set now what will happen, whether we follow some freaks and fruits in LA, NYC, Paris, Tokyo, etc, or we follow what our fathers have done.

I didn't know peaches and pears were trend setters. ;) Seriously though, straight men have been following the trends of fruits for a very long time. Fruits are more willing to step outside the "norm." The problem is that most fruits aren't fruity so straight men aren't aware they're following their trend. By your very definition you better wear what your father wore or you'll be wearing what a fruit wears. Be careful though, how do you know a fruit didn't start the trend your father followed.
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

I will not date a man who actually notices that I need to shape up my eyebrows!

I won't even look at your face, just stare at your tits...wanna go out? ;)

You'd have to pass the PC first.. (and I dont mean politically correct... haha!)
:ph34r:

No problem....I'll show you mine if you show me yours. But you go first so I can chub up a little bit first ;)

I meant fruit cakes, as in head cases, not fruity, as in gay (no, not happy), faggot (no, not a measure of wood), queer (well, it seems strange, but no), umm... oh yeah - homosexual.

At least for us gun nuts there's only one or two words people commonly use. :P
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Men, on the other hand, really have a choice. We can set now what will happen, whether we follow some freaks and fruits in LA, NYC, Paris, Tokyo, etc, or we follow what our fathers have done.

I don't think it's men that will be making the choice, the women will. If women as a whole start going just by looks, rather than whatever they go by today, then makeup for men will probably catch on.

At least for us gun nuts there's only one or two words people commonly use. :P

Yeah I guess the fruits of the world aren't as creative in coming up with clever terms for gun nuts. :ph34r:
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

That's just plain wrong. There must be a market for it though, I cant see a giant cosmetics firm spending huge amounts of money on a new venture. Only thing I wear on a daily basis is sun screen and double it up when I'm outside playing sports. Dont want to end up with one of these later on in life:
WARNING. Its pretty graphic.

http://www.drmelton.com/Chicago/skincancerpictures/bccrec30.htm

I think it's pretty well established that women (and men) of the world do go by some fairly idiotic standards when choosing a SO, and that the opposite sex (for hetero, at least) do what they can to meet those idiotic standards, thus requiring a little chlorine be added to the gene pool...
witty subliminal message
1*

100 years ago, cologne wasn't as common.
200 years ago, bathing wasn't as common.

Wait a minute... what are those outfits that men wear in the Middle East? Those Arab garments that look like...dresses? What the...? Those guys are wearing dresses. :D

Just kidding. Jesus was from the Middle East and we wouldn't want to infer that Jesus wore a dress. That would be wrong. :ph34r:

Of course, if you really want to be "old-fashioned" instead of all these new trends. Don't wear cologne, that was just the nobility that did that. Not the serf toiling in the field. Don't bathe. Wear a toga.

Remember the advantages of being old-fashioned - women were chattel property.
:)

Ahem. >:(

(a large man in a kilt looks down at you for desparaging "dresses)

:D:D:D

Anyway, bathing and cleanliness was practically a fetish in the middle ages. They were painfully clean. The 'smelly dark ages' is a common misconception.
witty subliminal message
1*

Tell me how any of these pants are better than the kilt. :P

I love hearing it every single time a woman says
"A man in a kilt is a man and a half." B|
witty subliminal message
1*

Tell me how any of these pants are better than the kilt.

Your insistence that I look at pictures of semi-nude men while debating fashion is starting to disturb me. Your metrosexual obsession with fashion is out of hand.

It seems to be your opinion that because certain fashions (kilts) are acceptable by one society (Scottish), they should be accepted by a second society (American). So, the wearing of makeup by Asian men makes it ok here? :ph34r:

I have a genetic good fashion sense. Do I give shit about how what I wearing looks 90% of the time? Not in the slightest.

As to kilts, I've never worn one in Scotland, though I have been there. Anyone who's been there knows a true scotsman will wear the finest wool suits, and leave kilts to the tourists and people who profit from them. Nothing wrong with being proud of your heritage when the time is right, though.

Every time I have worn one though, it's been VERY positive feedback from the ladies. B|
witty subliminal message
1*

Unfortunately, all my sense of taste is in my mouth. I rely on the skills of my sisters to give me fashionable work attire once a year at Christmas.

My leisure clothes rarely go beyond gym shorts and a skydiving t-shirt.

When I get complaints, I merely ask the offended lady to provide me with clothing that they approve of. I'm not gettin' any either way, but at least they are quiet about it. ;) :D

When I get complaints, I merely ask the offended lady to provide me with clothing that they approve of.

That tactic works well for me, also, except they hit me with "I know you know better"

However, I never seem to get a good pair of shorts...have to go out and get those myself.

I do love my jeans though. Yes, this one pair; they're about five years old and perfect.
witty subliminal message
1*

:D If I didn't know better, I would say someone seems to be feeling threatened!:D

Seriously, why do you folks care what these people do? How does it affect any one of us? I bet about as many men wear makeup as skydive, overall. It's pretty funny to hear skydivers talk about queers and societal deviants:D

Just imagine, in a couple hundred years a bunch of people will be sitting in a history class. Maybe about half of them will be openly bi/homosexual, since it will finally be accepted. They would be learning about the 20th and 21st centuries, and as an aside their lecturer will tell them how some weirdos actually threw themselves out of these things they had back then that they called "airplanes".

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.