tunaplanet

Ricky Williams retires

I think he was all hype anyways. You don't become a legend by being good for a few years and then quit. His attitude stinks.

Somewhere, I think Robert Smith and Barry Sanders are smiling... I haven't been in their shoes, and my guess is Williams (whose heart I always questioned) has a good reason.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

This doesn't surprise me one bit. He's lost it since he became a pro. Got caught smokin dope chillin with his homies.

He was so awesome at UT. To bad to see such promising skillz go to waste on someone with no heart.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

There are theories over here that Ricky chose to quit rather than pay a fine for being caught smoking weed. Personally, I'm not all that surprised by his quitting. He's a strange one. When he played for the Saints he had emotional problems and avoided socializing and training with the team when it wasn't absolutely required.

I'll miss watching him drive by in that orange metallic H2. He was the only player I recognized around the training camp.

And I'm a bit sorry to see him go, he made dolphins football exciting.

Whatever his rationale for leaving, he quit before he reached his full potential. (my opinion). Shame.
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

Good for him, quit on his own terms with some measure of dignity as opposed to Emmit Smith who's a pathetic shell of an athlete who can't accept the reality of a career that's over.

On the other hand, it would have been nice if he'd had the common courtesy to give the Dolphins a little more time to find a suitable replacement.>:(
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

The Pro Bowl runner cited a number of reasons, mostly dealing with a needed change in lifestyle and a lack of desire. He also admitted to taking a drug-masking agent designed to hide his marijuana use.

I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt on the marijuana use. I'm glad to see he's leaving if he really is playing doped up.

Jen
Arianna Frances