ianmdrennan

Nate Gilbert

I didn't know Nate but i've always admired him from afar through his achievements and the awesome pictures i've seen of him. I was however unbelievably privelaged to have been a small part of a 22 way sunset tracking dive in his honour this afternoon at Perris.

In short it was incredible. I'm at a loss for words at the awesome comraderie and amazingly good vibes that i experienced as we exited the skyvan on the last load today. Fly free flyboy, i can only hope we do get to meet one day.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Nate Dawg...
your friendship will be missed.. yet I know your spirit will always be with us. Thank you for the good times...laughs..swoops...and friendship..

Rest in peace my friend.. and swoop that eternal swoop...

BW

Dear Ian,

My heart goes out to you and your family. You may have lost a brother, but remember you still have a few hundred other brothers and sisters who love you and will always be there for you.

Be strong and keep you head high. And until your number pops up, keep playing hard in this waiting room known as life.

We love ya' Bro!

Crash

WOW! I felt so honored to be a part of such a Beautiful weekend, spent with Beautiful People.

Arriving at ASC on Friday evening, we were greeted with hugs (as always). In this time of grief, everyone remained strong as One. The ASC-family is closer than ever and their love for each other is electric. Everyone gathered for Authentic Mexican food at El Nopal (A Nate Classic). What a great evening, chatting with everyone and sharing some delicious food & cocktails.

Then the sweetest-Shannon (shananay) opened her Lovely home for the masses to play! We shared cocktails, videos, stories & hugs. Thank you so much Shannon for giving us a comfortable place to stay :)we love you lots and lots)! Shannon's babies, Cali & Coty were a main attraction (for me anyhow :P) ~ two Beautiful kitties that are just so darn Funny (catnip Rocks :D)!

Saturday delivered beautiful blue skies with puffy white clouds. Everyone had a truly blissful time playing in the sky together. Nate's ASC-fly, Skydive Atlanta-fly, Tecumseh-fly, Gold Coast-fly, Florida-fly, New York-fly & Many other families from all over the nation.

Katie-love lead an all female tracking dive ~ i believe it was a 10-way B|* she did a marvelous job leading the ladies! There was Freefly Fun: 6-point, 6-ways: JJ, Brookey, Stacey, Sporto, Marshall & Justin rocking it out in the sky with each other. Thank you Joi & Brookey for helping me with my headdown. I can't wait to be cool like you two baby-cakes B|* I didn't have the opportunity to play in the sky with my baby-Dee, but I was so dee-lighted (as always) to see her ~ and share laughs with her.

A truly heartfelt, first-ever, pond-swoop in memory of Nate, was successful by Fast Eddy! He provided happiness & smiles to Everyone that cheered him on his final approach! Rock on Fast Eddy*

Following Nate's ultimate skydive, Everyone gathered in the landing area for an initimate moment of silence. Tears were shed, and embraces felt... the love at ASC was overflowing in everyone's hearts.

A delicious dinner was prepared by the lovely Tami & Scotty Carbone (turkey, ham, gravy, breadpudding, potatoes, salad..mmmm:)all tips were donated to Katie & Conner.

After my drink of bourbon with my dear friend, Sheena (Sheenster303), everyone listened to the sweet sounds provided by Jerry & Shimmel B|*

Lots and Lots of Love to Nate, Katie-love, Ian & family & friends*

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

Don't forget the awesome little tribute video someone put together for Nate, set to that AWESOME NEW SONG by Los Lonely Boys "Heaven". Perfect upbeat little tune to get us smiling again as we watched Nate in action.

Anyone know who did that - I'd love to get a copy.

Then I was fortunate enough to see someone's outside video of the ash dive which was beautiful. It was very emotional and an amazing way to say "see you again soon" to Nate. ~gulp...chill bumps again ~

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Don't forget the awesome little tribute video someone put together for Nate, set to that AWESOME NEW SONG by Los Lonely Boys "Heaven". Perfect upbeat little tune to get us smiling again as we watched Nate in action.

oh no! i must've missed it [:/]. shannon and i were away for a few minutes after the last jump. i am sure it was beautiful and i shall see it upon my next visit to ASC. thank you baby-dee for sharing your info.

Anyone know who did that - I'd love to get a copy.

i am sure they will post it on the ASC weekly update. if not, you could email the dz or shananay.

Then I was fortunate enough to see someone's outside video of the ash dive which was beautiful.

yes, it was VERY Beautiful* thank you Dee, for being my little huggie :)

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

Then I was fortunate enough to see someone's outside video of the ash dive which was beautiful. It was very emotional and an amazing way to say "see you again soon" to Nate. ~gulp...chill bumps again ~

Yes dear Dee...the most beautiful, emotional and painful jump I have ever been part of. For some reason I thought it would get better for me personally after I watched his ashes fill the sky, but I could not have been more wrong. I guess that was the last of it and now the emptiness is so huge it hurts for me to breathe. God bless my Katie. I know she is on the same page, but tenfold.
Everything is so quiet and empty out here now.
All is said and done.
It's still so freaking hard for me to admit that it's over and to try to feel it is even worse. One day at a time for me, but only one minute at a time for sweet Katie.

This is by far one of the saddest moments of my life and something that I will never ever forget or even choose to forget.

Anyway, before I continue to ramble aimlessly I want to take this minute to thank each and every one of you for making the trip out to ASC to 'share moments with friends' and to honor and celebrate the life of Nathan Gilbert.

Mel, Brooke, Jason, Dee, Justin, my whole Michigan crew, Joi, and everyone else (whom I apologize there is not enough room or time for me to mention), having you all here meant more to me and Katie too, than I can ever begin to tell you.

I know that for me personally, having you here is what kept me sane and even smiling. The amount of love and support that filled the rooms in my home and at the DZ is what I need to try and deal with this tragedy. Thank you a million times over for putting your lives aside and being down here to support us, nurture us and to grieve with us.
My words do no justice for the amount of gratitude I have for each of you.

This has definitely hit my ASC family unlike anything else, but it has also shown us how strong of a bond and connection we all share with each other. It has brought us all just that much closer to each other and just that much closer to each of you.

The love that surrounds us here at home and the love that every single skydiver or person in general, has shown over the last few weeks has literally brought me to my knees. Without each of you and your continued support I can't really tell you how things would be today. I get tears in my eyes when I go back to the forums and read the mass amounts of responses from people who sometimes hadn't even met Nate. I am so proud to be part of such an amazing group of people.

Now having lost my train of thought and being reminded of how painful this really is, I go back to my initial reason for writing......thank you.

Thank you ALL for the love and thank you for the burning desire to help in this time of need. Without each of you, there would be no more sunshine. At least that's how it feels anyway.

Mel, Jason, Brooke EVERYONE, thank you for being here for us. It is because of people like you that Nate will live forever. Forever inside each of us.

Katie you are so loved and I can promise you that one day, some day, happiness will find it's way back into your heart.

It is with a heavy and grieving heart that I say this, but Nate, I miss you so much, I love you even more and I hope to blessed enough to see you again some day.

I forgot to add...if anyone wants to share a story, pictures, write letters or just remember Nate, there is a page on ASC's website dedicated to just that.
http://www.ascskydiving.com/nate/

Thank you everyone!!

Do it Again!
P.M.S. #22
LaLa Gang #4

Shannon,
Thank you so much for sharing sweetie....I wish I could have been there! If you or Katie need anything, even if it is just a trip away to Florida, please, please, please, do not hesitate to call.....
xoxo,
Beth
P.M.S. #133

If you or Katie need anything, even if it is just a trip away to Florida, please, please, please, do not hesitate to call.....

Will do my dear. You better mean it because we just might hold you to it! ;)
We love you Beth.

Do it Again!
P.M.S. #22
LaLa Gang #4

I'm relatively new to the ASC DZ... only been around since march. But I was glad to be there this weekend to witness the ash dive and see how much nate touched so many people.

I believe the video of the ash dive that was shown was shot by Jim Vance and I'm sure that if you contact ASC they can send you a DVD/video of the jump.

I really enjoyed the "heaven" compilation memorial viedo. The support shown by everyone else was just amazing.

oh, here's a clicky of the link to nate's ASC Page

http://www.ascskydiving.com/nate/

Scott

OH and "Have a Good Jump!" Nate Gilbert

It was great to meet you Mel! Thanks for the shot!

It was amazing how much love was in the air at ASC this weekend. You could just feel it all around. The love for Nate, as well as our entire skydiving family was amazing. I'm happy to be a part of such a great family.

That song by the Los Lonely Boys that they played on the video just fit incredibly well. I want a copy of that too.

We love you, Nate. We know you will always be with us.
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

If you or Katie need anything, even if it is just a trip away to Florida, please, please, please, do not hesitate to call.....

Will do my dear. You better mean it because we just might hold you to it! ;)

We love you Beth.

Of course I mean it! :) Whenever you, Katie and Conner want to pop down, I am minutes away from Mickey Mouse and...the tunnel ;)....
Take care of eachother!!!
P.M.S. #133

If possible would your boyfriend be able to post the video to skydivingmovies.com?

I'd love to see the tribute, and it appears many others would as well.

Blues,
Ian

Yes, he has been out of town for a few days working so as soon as he gets back we will get it out there.