diablopilot

They are just all talk......

No shit, it's those people who are all about skydiving... until it's time to drive to the DZ.

It's all talk until you're in the door looking down.

If there was some other reference, I missed it. :|
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

hmm looks like flirting to me....

"Do. or Do not. there is no try." -yoda

one of the things i love about freefall...some choices are 'black and white' ... stay in the plane or get out? its only one step, but you cant take it back.....

Yeah, so I've heard anyway, there are some people who "promise" actions, yet are just blowing wind......

WRT skydiving, we were talking about that last night. Some people have a lot of the verbiage memorized, and it sounds plausible until they get into the details - then their story falls apart.

I had someone make a variety of extravagant claims last night, and he apparently didn't know that I could check them out within minutes with no effort expended.

I guess some people assume that, since skydiving is only a theoretical endeavor from where they sit, it likely is to their audience as well. When it turns out that they are talking to someone who has done quite a bit of it, it is too late to back down.

My favorite person whose story was patently hogwash was a guy who claimed to be an airline pilot. I never did bother to find out quite what he really did for a living, but the fact that he had the temerity to put forth his fantasy at dropzone, where a very large number of the audience really were pilots of one description or another (private through ATP and/or military) never ceased to amaze me.

I figure if I ever see fit to gild the lily, there is a better than even chance that the person I'm trying to bamboozle will turn out to be an authority on the subject. In this sport, there are a lot of ringers about.

Blue skies,

Winsor

Hey, not true. Any action I've promised you, I intend to follow through with while at WFFC:ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Well, it's sitting on a chair in front of a computer...B|...

Are you trying to turn us on or are you just saying that...

sorry, not usually like this... but I couldn't resist...

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Well, it's sitting on a chair in front of a computer...B|...

Are you trying to turn us on or are you just saying that...

sorry, not usually like this... but I couldn't resist...

Scott

LoL...I was expecting something goofy like...

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...your booty shivers me timbers....:D:D:D

~R+R:ph34r:
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...