AggieDave

Doom 3

I was never a big Doom player, but a few days ago I decided to download and try out the Unreal Tournament 2004 demo.

Holy $%#@, I need to go out and buy that one!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I loved the Doom series. PvP in D2 was awesome!!

I haven't thought about buying 3 yet. Maybe if they have a demo soon and I can test my machines preformance. I maybe tempted to buy a copy and waste all you wannabes!!

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I can test my machines preformance.

And you call yourself a gamer! :P

Well my machine is 4 months old:

p4 2.8ghz (multithread)
1gig pc2700 DDRam
fx5900 pro 128ddram 8x AGP
2x 120gig ATA 7200 drives (RAID)

DSL - 1.3mbps connection speed

I know I'm not the geekiest gamer on this site, but my machine does rock... I just wanna see if I can run it will all the bells and whistles. Gota be fast to win :)

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Here's the minimum of what you'll need:

• A 1.5-gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 chip or AMD Athlon 1500.
• 384 megabytes of memory.
• Two gigabytes of hard drive space.
• An nVidia GeForce 3 graphics card or better; or an ATI Technologies 8500 or better.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/tech/weekly/2690450

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

Well, you're better off then I am. I have a feeling I might be saving up some money to buy new hardware after I buy the game.

Ya I actually spec'd out my machine to play UT2k4 & Doom3.

I'm only playing Painkiller and Everquest right now. EQ all the time, Painkiller (single version) and some UT2k4 CTF servers.

Thanks to CrazyIvan for the link to the Painkiller demo, that game fuckin ROCKS! Hard as shit if you up the difficutly.

Used to play alot of CounterStrike, as soon as all the servers I played on upped the version to 1.5 I quit playing. That and the cheats (aimbots etc) ruined the game for me. Doom2 had the same problems. UT - UT2k3 & UT2k4 are awesome PVP games.

I wonder if D3 will have a multiperson co-op online. Instead of playing against each other we could join a server and all work together to kill baddies ;) with the occasional misshot to Aggies head :P

I gotta tell ya, that game is going to rock, I "found" an "alpha" version a while ago, just 1 level almost finished, but DAMN!!!! it was awesome.

DOOM!! DOOM!! DOOM!! DOOM!! DOOM!! DOOM!! B|

I wonder if D3 will have a multiperson co-op online.

Nope.

Id wants you to feel totally and utterly alone while playing...they want the game to scare you when you're playing in the middle of the night.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Id wants you to feel totally and utterly alone while playing...they want the game to scare you when you're playing in the middle of the night.

Dude Doom did that to me. When it was first released. I would play way deep into the night and shit would look like it was poping out of the screen. Specialy those floating blobthings that threw flaming heads at you B|

Doom 2 was the suck compared to Doom for the scare factor.

Anyone remember Wolfenstein 3d ;) Must kill NAZIS!!

Dude Doom did that to me. When it was first released. I would play way deep into the night and shit would look like it was poping out of the screen.

Yup, same here. More then a couple times I'd have to stop and turn the lights on.

I haven't been excited about gaming since Quake 2...I'm pumped!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Doom 2 was the suck compared to Doom for the scare factor.

Anyone remember Wolfenstein 3d ;) Must kill NAZIS!!

I think the only time I've ever actually left my chair and yelled "holy shit!" while playing a video game was at the end of episode 1 of wolfenstein when you wander around in that arena like room for 10 minutes seeing no one, then finally open the door at then end and are greated wi-

GUTEN TAG!

The only game that has actually scared the shit out of me was the Resident Evil games on PS. We would play that late at night with the surround sound....whoa!!! shivers thinking about it

Here's to the Breezes that blows through the Trezzez.....

I'm in. Its not like I dont have the time one my hands...[:/]

the only FPS game i'm still playing in AvP2:Primal Hunt..

Doom 3 will be a welcome change...

I prefer my ATI thanks :P I used to really like nvidia, but I'm been so damn happy with my 9700 Pro I'll stick with ATI till they piss me off :D

Yeah ATI rules!!!. I play Painkiller, and my ATI card handles that game, no problem.