Cinders

Need a different freefly suit

Have a FF (firefly) suit, but not really happy with it. Came with the wrists and ankles too small, neck too small, and crotch a little high. Had it for about 3 years or so. Wouldn't order FF again, just left a bad taste in my mouth for the money.

Had a few modifications done to it, but I'm thinking of getting a whole new suit. New design, colors, that sort of thing.

What do you guys/gals recommend? I'm thinking of a flame design. Would really like external pockets that are secure, too.

(BTW, have done some research, but now looking for personal opinions) :)

P.S.S I'm on percodan right now, sorry if this comes out weird :)

I'm on my second set of Firefly pants (first ones finally gave out after 1300+ jumps, still using the top with no issue) and I'm not sure if I'd do a second two piece suit or not expecially if I was going to go to the tunnels more often.

Did you talk to Firefly about the issues with your suit? I found them to be extremely helpful when I had issues with my original pants.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

What do you guys/gals recommend?

For starters, don't jump a new suit that doesn't fit. Any reputable manufacturer will alter a brand new suit so it fits properly at no cost. Bite the bullet, and ship it back.

I always pay the rush charge for new suits. It's like $40, and it gets you your suit in a week or two. At that point, if it doesn't fit you haven't been waiting that long anyway, so sending it back isn't a tough choice. I've also found that after paying the rush charge for the suit, they tend to rush the alteration as well.

Next, external pockets only owrk if they have a zipper and a snap to hold the zipper tab shut. Anything less than that will come open sooner or later in freefall, and eject the contents.

I'm a fan of Flite Suit. They make good stuff.

Eh, got impatient about sending my suit back for another month or two, and paying the shipping. Not a bad suit, but not a good one, either.

Want to get a 2 piece. What brands make tops/bottoms? I like the kurupee, but it only shows pants, no top.

Eh, got impatient about sending my suit back for another month or two, and paying the shipping. Not a bad suit, but not a good one, either.

Want to get a 2 piece. What brands make tops/bottoms? I like the kurupee, but it only shows pants, no top.

I would say get a one piece myself.
Have had a couple of two piece ones and they are not as good IME

I wear a Firefly suit currently. It has around 700 jumps and 60 hours of tunnel time, and is holding up quite well, all things considered. I should stop being lazy and replace the velcro on the legs.

I'm going to get a replacement suit in the very near future, and Firefly is definitely a contender.

Have a FF (firefly) suit, but not really happy with it. Came with the wrists and ankles too small, neck too small, and crotch a little high. Had it for about 3 years or so. Wouldn't order FF again, just left a bad taste in my mouth for the money.

Had a few modifications done to it, but I'm thinking of getting a whole new suit. New design, colors, that sort of thing.

What do you guys/gals recommend? I'm thinking of a flame design. Would really like external pockets that are secure, too.

(BTW, have done some research, but now looking for personal opinions) :)

P.S.S I'm on percodan right now, sorry if this comes out weird :)

I have a Liquid Sky suit...... top notch! It's a two piece and I have never had any problems with it. The fit is perfect, it looks BA, and the quality actually shocked me it was so good.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Am I blind? I don't see any options for "2 piece", just "suit" or "pants". How do you get pants AND a top?

If you look on the price list, the "suits" are available as full suits or two piece units.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Cool, looking at some of these brands. Glad I asked! Only seen the major brand names, wouldn't know to check these out

Where do you jump? Every DZ I have been to I see these brands. Anyway...... check them all out and see what fits your taste. If you go Liquid Sky don't be overwhelmed by all the measurements...... he does more than anyone but it is so worth it because the fit literally is perfect.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

Cool, looking at some of these brands. Glad I asked! Only seen the major brand names, wouldn't know to check these out

Just something to keep in mind, I have a Flite Suit that I still jump that I have owned longer than any of those other companies have been in business.

Just something to keep in mind, I have a Flite Suit that I still jump that I have owned longer than any of those other companies have been in business.

Dave... that is a good point and I know other jumpers that have some old Flight Suits that still look great. This just makes me feel even better about my LS suit because comparing them the LS suit seems to be built even better. ;)

Looks like I'm going with Liquid Sky. Expensive, but it's super tailored (I don't fit in most used suits), has a lot of nice additions, plus has good pockets.

Looks very nice, I'll let you guys know how it compares to FF. My FF is thin material (ok there, but no stretch points), an ok zipper, crummy neckline (chafes), and poorly done velcro on arms/legs (hooks are toward skin, so any extra velcro hanging off is painful).

Too be fair, I think it's just FF doesn't have enough measurements. In retrospect, it mostly doesn't fit where I don't match up with a mannequin. Thighs bigger than waist, big wrists, neck, etc.

I know other jumpers that have some old Flight Suits that still look great. This just makes me feel even better about my LS suit because comparing them the LS suit seems to be built even better.

I'm sure there are lot's of great suits available out there. In reality, most suits only see a couple hundered jumps at best, so the ability to last for 1000 jumps might not be all that important.

Either way, Flite Suit always takes good care of me, and their products have always exceeded my expectations, so I support their business and reccomend them to anyone looking for a suit. I do the same for PD canopies and Infinity containers. Great people and great products all around.

I know other jumpers that have some old Flight Suits that still look great. This just makes me feel even better about my LS suit because comparing them the LS suit seems to be built even better.

I'm sure there are lot's of great suits available out there. In reality, most suits only see a couple hundered jumps at best, so the ability to last for 1000 jumps might not be all that important.

Either way, Flite Suit always takes good care of me, and their products have always exceeded my expectations, so I support their business and reccomend them to anyone looking for a suit. I do the same for PD canopies and Infinity containers. Great people and great products all around.

Ya I'm the same way...... with Vector, Cypres, Icarus, and LS suits. Although I have to say that Icarus and customer service do not really go hand in hand but I think they are working on it. I do love my xfire though!

Looks like I'm going with Liquid Sky. Expensive, but it's super tailored (I don't fit in most used suits), has a lot of nice additions, plus has good pockets.

Looks very nice, I'll let you guys know how it compares to FF. My FF is thin material (ok there, but no stretch points), an ok zipper, crummy neckline (chafes), and poorly done velcro on arms/legs (hooks are toward skin, so any extra velcro hanging off is painful).

Too be fair, I think it's just FF doesn't have enough measurements. In retrospect, it mostly doesn't fit where I don't match up with a mannequin. Thighs bigger than waist, big wrists, neck, etc.

You will love it!