Girlfalldown

Building up your alcohol tolerance

I've been trying to build up my alcohol tolerance for LP and Rantoul but I just can't seem to get it right! I got sick before LP so I couldn't drink steadily the week before like I was supposed to. When I got to Lost Prairie I was giggling like a schoolgirl after 1 beer every night! Now I'm trying to work on my Rantoul tolerance and instead I'm drunk off my ass on one glass of wine. That's INSANE! I used to be able to drink a bottle of wine before swayin back and forth and closing one eye to post. Fukin A! It's hopeless.. I have somehow become a cheap drunk.
Where did I go wrong?

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

LOL. Yeah, I used to be able to drink a lot when I was younger, but can't do the same now that I'm older. Don't know if that is a factor for you, but I guess just be glad that you can get drunk cheap.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

I have somehow become a cheap drunk.
Where did I go wrong?

you were born.............................female........................

actually hough i know several females that can drinkme under the table.......... maybe you should just not stop when you feel drunk.. yes that's it.. lots of drinking every night.... you willbe acustomed once wffc is over.... but bythat timeit will be to late...muwahahahahahaa

actually hough i know several females that can drinkme under the table.......... maybe you should just not stop when you feel drunk.. yes that's it.. lots of drinking every night.... you willbe acustomed once wffc is over.... but bythat timeit will be to late...muwahahahahahaa

Hey don't get me wrong. I'm used to being able to outdrink most men under the table no questions asked. That's what's so confusing.

Somebody got me drunk!!

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

For people who actually go to boogies and par tay.... yes its a priority. Meeting up with Chuckie or Deucipoo or some of the other DIZZIE DOT COMMERS who party like vikings.....it would behoove you to work on that as well.

Party on Shannon.. have fun...:)

This will probably sound silly, but hydrate. Drink lots of water and stuff with electrolytes. Then while drinking try and drink 1 glass of water for every beer. Yes I know you will be pissing like a race horse, but when trying to make it threw a night of hard drinking it keeps me from ending up passed out in the middle of the landing area.
Fly it like you stole it!

What is the big mystery??
If you want to drink a lot and not get rip-roaring wasted from it (i.e. "hold your liquor") all you need to do is EAT before you drink. Eat stuff like popcorn, potato chips, absorbent stuff that will keep the alcohol from getting into your blood until the food does.

This is long-ago divulged wisdom.

I have to admit that I don't understand the NOT wanting to get wasted from the alcohol. Alcohol tastes so awful that the ONLY reason to drink it is to get the intoxicating effects! There is no other good to expect from it.

When I was in college, I made the mistake of eating snack food before doing a bunch of shots of vodka. I had to choke down the vodka because I HATE the stuff and it really mistreats my stomach. So then because of the food I'd eaten, I didn't even really catch a buzz! (150 or so lbs. at the time, and six or seven shots.)

If all you want is to drink and not get drunk from it, (although I question why you'd want to do that) just eat food first. Have a hot dog on a bun, or two. Then drink. Should have the effect you want.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

It is called "Old Age & Treachery Overcome Youth & Skill Every Time". The rest of the tolerance is called building up to alcoholism.

Strangely enough, REDUCED tolerance can be symptomatic of the physiological changes associated with stage 3 alcoholism. The general breakdown is something along the lines of:

Stage 1: You have ever drank to get drunk.

Stage 2: You have ever blacked out, e.g., were ambulatory but have no recollection of what transpired.

Stage 3: Alcohol is part of your diet/consumption regimen, whether continuous or binge. Physiological changes may manifest themselves by higher or lower tolerance and/or withdrawal (hangover) characteristics.

If alcohol is really that big of a deal, it should provide you with a clue.

Not to worry, most people that conclude they are alcoholic look back and realize they met all the criteria for years.

Betty Ford, when asked during an interview about her consumption patterns, started to answer, and then said "it doesn't matter."

The gist of her was that if, when you go to an event, it makes a difference whether alcohol is served, that's a bad sign. If you have a preset limit for how much you will drink, that's a bad sign. If you know at any time precisely how much you have had to drink, that's a bad sign. If, when leaving the party, you're proud of yourself if you limited yourself to the predetermined amount, that's a bad sign.

FWIW, if you must indulge in mind altering substances, alcohol is one of the worst - in the long run it makes heroin look like a gift from God by comparison (physiologically, at least).

As far as building up tolerance to alcohol goes, it has been tried with mixed results. Your experience may, of course, be unique. Knock yourself out.

Blue skies,

Winsor

Make sure you eat protein before you want to start drinking. I saw a controlled test done on 20/20 once, and that was the conclusion they came to on which food to eat.

I agree with drinking water, I do that all the time. Also, drink more water and take ibuprofen before going to bed and you should feel ok in the morning.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Drinking that wine stuff when fine tequila was available was an obvious mistake.

Cheap drunk or not, you're cool.

Vitamin B6 is eradicated from your body when you drink, so a B6 pill the morning after will help you out (with ibuprofen too).

:P
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Join the crowd...:S...

I used to be a heavyweight drinker...now I am a very expensive lightweight...

Hell, if I am gonna get drunk, why not get drunk off the good stuff...:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:...

~R+R:)...Champagne is yummy...:D...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

I have to admit that I don't understand the NOT wanting to get wasted from the alcohol. Alcohol tastes so awful that the ONLY reason to drink it is to get the intoxicating effects!

You are so very wrong.....I can't think of a better tasting drink than champagne. If I could drink nothing but champagne, I would. Plus, some beers, I really like the taste of because they complement food so well. (Nothing goes better with Buffalo wings than a nice ale!)
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning