ACMESkydiver

The freakiest sh*t I ever saw (paranormal)...

To each his own. But if Princeton has PEAR, Stanford has SRI, and Duke Uni had the Rhine Institute they're curious about something. Not to mention that many Professors from world class colleges are memeber of the Society for Scientific Exploration. Then again what do a bunch of Phds know.

And the government has had it's own projects. I wonder if any of those findings have been released to the public at all? That would be an interesting read.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

alright, I'll get my uncle to show me how to get back out there again, as it's waaaay back in the woods. We'll go at night, for the extra ambiance.
I really don't believe in this type of bullshit either, and if I hadn't been there myself, I'd call someone a liar for telling me this story.
The stone being put back up really isn't the thing that made the impression on me. 2 or 3 healthy fellows could put it back. It was the immediate feeling of sheer, unadulterated,panic, the likes of which I had never felt before, that really got me.
There was really no reason for it, and I can't explain it. It's not like I was a little kid when this happened. I was pretty close to 18 or 19 years old.
I hadn't been drinking either.

Put up a night vision camera. I remember reading something about some guy will pay $50 or $100k for proof of anything supernatural. Nobody has every proved anything supernatural to this day. It's horseshit.

I was staying at someone's house, a very old house in the Acadiana area (Louisiana) and I swear that some type of grean light, close to the formation of body, almost like an aura, if there is such a thing came through the wall and floated across the room. I was certainly awake at the time because I woke my girlfriend up. I told the people who owned the house the next morning what I thought I saw and they to said they saw it before. Apparently the guy that built the house fell down the chimney and died. They also told me the chimney bleeds every year.

I still don't believe it and won't unless I can see something under normal circumstance, i.e., the chimney actually bleeding, or me wide awake before the green shit floats across the room, etc. Not waking up or heresay.

Bro, I'm sure you got lots of friends here that will defend you; but no one here is saying you gotta believe the the same thing they do. If that was the case, I'm sure this thread would be in "Speakers Corner". Last I checked the thread title was "The freakiest sh*t I ever saw (paranormal)...", not "The freakiest sh*t I ever saw (paranormal)... and if you really believe this I'm gonna rip your sh*t apart".
Save some of your negative views for other threads....thanks.

Of course this is just MHO.

Edited to add: And for freaky shit I saw, you should see the inside of a mausoleum after it's been used a few times.....yes I said a few times. :S;)

Y'know what's funny...I worked in a crematory/cemetery once. And the freakiest shit that happened there was due to the Bi-polar, Diabetic, Manic-Depressive, alcoholic, 380 pound owner along with his Alzheimer's-having semi-senile delivery man!! :| -NO JOKE...some seriously scary shite.

The dead bodies? Didn't bother me. No probs or freaky shit witnessed from them. :D
~Jaye

Well, some things are real wether you believe in them or not.

Do you believe in the Tooth Fairy? And if you don't, why not? Please explain.

No I don't, because I know it isn't real. I was told by my parents they were the ones putting the money under my pillow, as are all kids when they reach a certain age ( I'd hope anyways )

I've seen a ghost, I know they exist and are real.

You don't want to believe it, that's fine. It'd probably be more constructive for me to bang my head against a brick wall than to try to convince you to believe they are real. So for now, we can agree to disagree.

No I don't, because I know it isn't real.

How do you know the Tooth Fairy isn't real? Maybe you just haven't seen one yet. Maybe you're parents lied to you. Maybe they exist. I'm sure out of the billions of people on the planet a few will swear they have seen the Tooth Fairy...just like you claim you saw a ghost.

Forty-two

No I don't, because I know it isn't real.

How do you know the Tooth Fairy isn't real? Maybe you just haven't seen one yet. Maybe you're parents lied to you. Maybe they exist. I'm sure out of the billions of people on the planet a few will swear they have seen the Tooth Fairy...just like you claim you saw a ghost.

That may be true, and *maybe* my parents did lie to me. Maybe the toothfairy is real.

Regardless, I know what I saw and that's it. Wether you want to believe or make fun of it is up to you. It doesn't change the truth.

This didn't happen to me but happened to a friend. He was working close in a restaurant so it was about 11 pm. As he was getting on his motorcycle he heard one of those nagging voices in your head that said "You won't make it home tonight" He kinda blew it off got on the bike and headed home. Awhile down the road the same voice told him again "You won't make it home tonight" Again he kind of blew it off. As he was approaching a hill in the road the voice came back and started counting "10, 9, 8, 7...." and as it is counting he starts slowly rolling off the throttle. Gets to zero and nothing, just as he's starting to accelerate his vision greys out. What had happened was a deer jumped out of the ditch in front of him so close his eyes couldn't focus on it. Just barely missed it. Had he not rolled off the throttle when the voice was counting he would have hit it broadside. Pretty freaky shit.

If, after he slowly rolled off the throttle, and came to a stop, the deer jumped right across the nose on his face... had he not slowly rolled off the throttle, and kept going apace, he would have been well past the point in the road where the deer jumped, by the time it did jump. It's unreasonable to assume that if he had kept going, he would have been at that same point even if he had kept up his speed. It sounds like the only reason he had the miss-by-inches is because he slowed down and stopped.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I've seen a ghost, I know they exist and are real.

No you havn't necassarily.
What you have seen is what you beleive to be a ghost.
That in and of itself does not make it a ghost:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

This didn't happen to me but happened to a friend. He was working close in a restaurant so it was about 11 pm. As he was getting on his motorcycle he heard one of those nagging voices in your head that said "You won't make it home tonight" He kinda blew it off got on the bike and headed home. Awhile down the road the same voice told him again "You won't make it home tonight" Again he kind of blew it off. As he was approaching a hill in the road the voice came back and started counting "10, 9, 8, 7...." and as it is counting he starts slowly rolling off the throttle. Gets to zero and nothing, just as he's starting to accelerate his vision greys out. What had happened was a deer jumped out of the ditch in front of him so close his eyes couldn't focus on it. Just barely missed it. Had he not rolled off the throttle when the voice was counting he would have hit it broadside. Pretty freaky shit.

If, after he slowly rolled off the throttle, and came to a stop, the deer jumped right across the nose on his face... had he not slowly rolled off the throttle, and kept going apace, he would have been well past the point in the road where the deer jumped, by the time it did jump. It's unreasonable to assume that if he had kept going, he would have been at that same point even if he had kept up his speed. It sounds like the only reason he had the miss-by-inches is because he slowed down and stopped.

-

Um, Ok???? So then, that just negates everything that happened? Are you trying to disprove that the person received some type of intervention...or just that who/whatever it was that intervened wasn't all that bright when it comes to timing?? :|:P
~Jaye

...Well, because of the mortality rate, the little rich girls (being sent to the "New World" for cheap, sounds good doesn't it? B|) had to bring their own coffins. There were rumors floating about that these coffins were part of a conspiracy by the Catholic church, and contained vampires.

Does nobody find it odd that rather than DESTROY the rumored vampires, the Catholic Church put them into coffins, sent them with a bunch of would-be nuns and a sailing crew to the New World, and then put them into an attic for "safe-keeping"? What on earth was the reason for not killing the vampires?

And am I wrong in feeling that this story begins with a rational "reason" for the coffins being sent with the girls, and then degenerates into treating the vampire rumors as a truth?

Besides, why on earth would rich parents send their girls to a convent in an area that is so dangerous that they have to bring along their own coffins?! Does any of that fit?

How or why would vampires drain the blood of a victim through a small slit by the shoulder blade?

:S

-
-Jeffrey

Ok, not sure if this counts, but here's one of my stories.....I was walking home from a pub I had met some friends at earlier in the night (walking down bayshore, for those that know Tampa). I'd had 2 or 3 beers, not much compaired to my usual case or so on my regular nights out. Anyway, it's about 1:30am and I see a dark figure sitting on a parkbench on the side of the sidewalk, I think, no big deal, just some dude hanging around....as i get closer I still can't make out "his" face (I'm trying hard to figure out if I'm gonna make it outta there without getting robbed). It comes to the point where I'm about 2 feet from "him" and I still can't see "his" face, then all of a sudden "he" turns "his" head torwards me and all I see is a void. Not even black, just nothing, and I felt more physically scared and sick than I've ever felt before. The best way I could describe it was looking at pure evil, I really have no other explanation. I don't know what it was (imagination, just me being dumb, etc.), but I tell you what.....nothing scares me anymore. I ran like a little girl for a good .25 mile and nothing else happened the rest of the walk home.

That's creepy!

Was the guy wearing a hood or something? What was it about his position that you couldn't see something weird before you were two feet from him, and where was he facing that he had to turn to "face" you (haha, sorry)?

This story reminds me of a short horror story I read as a kid called, "The Thing." It was about a traveler walking alone one night and he comes across a woman crying. He comforts her and asks her what's wrong, and she turns to look up at him and her face, as the book describes, "was as smooth and bare as an egg! Then he runs and runs, and finds a sausage vendor (I have no idea who the dude was who wrote this, or when and where... I mean, "sausage vendor?" at the side of a road at night?). He has trouble stammering about his fright, and he finally tells the sausage vendor (?!) what happened, and the vendor says, "Was it anything like THIS?!" and he turns to face the man and he has no face, just like the woman! And then the lantern blows out and the guy is left with the faceless THING alone in the dark!

Oooooeeeeee-eeeeeooooooooh!

Blue skies,
-
-Jeffrey

A couple of female assistants for some paranormal investigators (who were working in a house across the st, old mafia killing) were standing in front of the convent in the middle of the night, trying to see the shutters close enough to see the "blessed screws" (which they couldn't, there's a big ass iron gate surrounding the place and it's locked at night). Long story short, they were both found the next day dead and drained of blood. Here's the freaky part.

The freaky part is that anyone claims to know what the two girls were trying to see or do if they both turned up dead.

-
-Jeffrey

I've seen a ghost. Wether you believe they exist or not, they do.

I have wanted all my life to encounter a ghost, and yet I have not had a single incident in which I feel I did. I wonder why that is. I surely don't think that my "senses" are closed to the possibility, but I don't believe all or most of these "stories." I think most of them are the result of imagination mixed with fear, and then connected with coincidence.

-
-Jeffrey

"I find your lack of faith disturbing..." >:(:D

To each his own. But if Princeton has PEAR, Stanford has SRI, and Duke Uni had the Rhine Institute they're curious about something. Not to mention that many Professors from world class colleges are memeber of the Society for Scientific Exploration. Then again what do a bunch of Phds know.

Umm... All these big brains involved in the search for the paranormal.

You use them as evidence for the existence of the paranormal.

Why don't any of them have anything definitively, objectively proving the existence of ghosts, spirits, vampires, bigfoot, aliens, or any other heebie-jeebie?

Why has no one claimed James Randi's offer of $1,000,000 if he can't disprove their claim of psychic powers?

In my view, it's all bullshit until someone PROVES it. No one has.

-
-Jeffrey

Why don't any of them have anything definitively, objectively proving the existence of ghosts, spirits, vampires, bigfoot, aliens, or any other heebie-jeebie?

If they found it, why would they tell you??? Seriously??? If I funded that research, I would want all evidence and information gathered turned over to me alone, and I would require confidentiality agreements be signed by all participants...

Why has no one claimed James Randi's offer of $1,000,000 if he can't disprove their claim of psychic powers?

Come on genius...Ok, so you are oh what the hell, let's say telekenetic. Would a million dollars be reason enough to reveal yourself? Use your head...

In my view, it's all bullshit until someone PROVES it. No one has.

Yeah, and your 'view' is becoming pretty redundant...:|
~Jaye

Yeah, and your 'view' is becoming pretty redundant...:|

What can I say? I'm one of few posters on at this hour; there were a lot of posts to respond to by the time I got to this thread; and most of the stories read like absolute bullshit. Not my fault.

I'm sorry if my skepticism threatens your believing in any way... but if you're certain that your little ghost stories are true, then my poking at their frailties shouldn't matter worth a whit to a true believer, right?

Now, anyone ever seen a GREMLIN while flying? :P

Blue skies,
-
-Jeffrey

A common pattern of many "paranormal sightings" involve witnesses that are tired, fatigued, sometimes in their cars or beds, asleep or about to sleep or about to wake up.
There are several studies of EEG brain activity that identify various stages of sleep, most interestingly alpha and theta rythms during Stage 1, as people are dozing off, characterised by drifting thoughts and images. It may be possible that this phenomenon can result in very realisitic delusions of paranormal sightings, or grants us temporary ESP to be receptive to the paranormal. (whichever you prefer to believe)

What is harder to explain though, is lasting physical evidence of some events. It is easy to dismiss a ghostly sighting but it is less easy to dismiss the sights and sounds of a physical object (clock/vase/grand piano), seemingly moving or breaking under a paranormal force.
Long after the incident has occured, the object affected remains conclusively moved or broken, and that is no delusion.
I'm a skeptic most of the time too, even though I have an earlier post in this thread claiming telekinesis.

A popular quote from fictional character Sherlock Holmes - "When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

If they found it, why would they tell you??? Seriously??? If I funded that research, I would want all evidence and information gathered turned over to me alone, and I would require confidentiality agreements be signed by all participants...

Come on genius...Ok, so you are oh what the hell, let's say telekenetic. Would a million dollars be reason enough to reveal yourself? Use your head...
:|

Sounding just a wee bit threatened there girl:ph34r::ph34r:

BTW your reasoning skills need work .
The point of scientific exploration is to find truths. If all the Ivy league Unis had found definitive PROOF of Paranormality then they may very well have "confidentiality agreements be signed by all participants" however they only reason they would need them is to protect their financial interests in the study, Taking out Patents and copyrights would protect them, going public would make the extremely rich.

As to Randi's MILLIONS he isn't asking anyone to come foward and prove "THEY can do anything "special", he is offering the Million for PROVE that something paranormal can be done.

And please no Astral projecting your hostilites at me:P:P:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I was thinking the exact same thing! It's logical that if he'd continued at the pace he'd been at he would have been way past where the deer was by the time it leapt onto the road!

I believe in the paranormal, I dont get into arguements about it though, because it's something I cannot explain, so to try to argue about it's existance is futile.
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store