Rockow

What to charge for complete assembely

Riggers,

I was just curious to as of how much every one is charging for assembeling a new rig (main, reserve, packing both main and reserve). Also what are you charging for repacks. Just curious I want to make sure I'm in the ball park with every one else.
If first you don't succeed then skydiving isn't for you!

Expect to pay $90 to $100 to completely assemble a new main, reserve, AAD and harness/container.
Typically that requires about 4 hours labour, so count your self lucky to get skilled (licensed) labour for only $25 per hour.

Yes, you might try to save a little money by assembling some components, but the time the rigger has inspected your work and corrected any errors, it will take as long as if he did all the work himself.

What is your time worth? In the Twin Cities area, skilled carpenters make $60/hour; plumbers charge $100. And have you checked the shop rate at the local Ford dealer? Should you make less?

In most areas, the spread between the less expensive and more expensive riggers is about one jump ticket. You can be the low-price leader if you want. You'll attract a lot of business from the folks looking for a deal, and they will nickle-and-dime you for the very best possible deal, all the time, every time.

On the other hand, if you aim to do the very best, you will not lack for customers, even if you charge for the extra effort you make. Asking the equivalent of an extra jump ticket spread out over a 180-day pack cycle does not seem unreasonable to me.

Mark

Manufacturers charge distributors from $90 to $140.
Personally, on my prices I just consider it part of the price. Sure the customer pays it but I give a single price and that is including all options hey want and assembly.

If you are going through a dealer and that is why you are asking then their cost will be up around the $140 mark as that is what they pay.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Same advice as for Skimmer for suit repairs and mods.

figure out what a decent hourly rate is for you

then put together a list of services you'll do based on that shop rate and how long you estimate it takes to do each of those jobs (plus materials, etc)

it's also a nice way to figure out ahead of time which of those "easy":S jobs are that are just a lot more time than the customer thinks they are

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants