Stacy

Frances

I'm up here on Indian Harbor Beach (just north of Melbourne) ... The guy on Fox News was on oour beach, about a 47 second walk from our house ....

we got good winds, a little rain ... still have power ....

we checked out the beach this morning and the waves were huge and the ocean was coming up to right about the boardwalk ....

i'll keep updating as long as we still have power ...
This ad space for sale.

A cop just came by and told me I'm in the flood zone now and is advising me to evacuate. Fuck, fuck, fuck. I guess I'll go find my insurance policy now. B|
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thanks. :)
I'm going to log out now and get all my computer equipment off the floor. See you all on the flip side.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Sounds like you need what I have in my driveway.. I have my 32' cabin cruiser there so I can do some work on her for next year...
Hang in ther Andrea.. its part of the price people have to pay to live in FL.. My family got there in the 1820's and our family history has many stories of storms in past years. put all the important stuff up high on shelves and counter tops.

If you have one of those pull down ladders to get up into the attic.. put as much up there as you can.. clothing and the stuff that might be damaged by the water.. hey at least its 8 ft higher than where it is now... Then bail out for high ground.. once a flood comes there is dam little you can do.. and with this much water there will be a hell of a lot of water heading back out to the ocean....but its gonna take a while to get there. Stay safe down there yall.

They have a confirmed report already of a fatality in Broward County. A tree fell through a house and killed someone.

Also the hurricane has remained stationary for about the past hour. Be careful y'all. It's going to get a lot nastier before it gets better.
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

Nothing's happening here in Z-hills either. Just some wind. We got a little rain earlier, but nothing to talk about. They have the hanger open for us if anything happens. We also have the bunker. I'm a little concerned about the trailers out here. [:/] I don't expect it to be as bad as it was in Lake Wales... but then again... anything can happen I suppose. :S

Man, on Fox News they have a report of a guy stuck on a small sailboat that is barely upright. They said he has no choice to figh it out on his boat until the eye hits. If he abandons ship and jumps in the water he'll be thrown against the rocks.

Man, that's gotta be rough. This looks like it'll take about 20 hours or so before it passes.
This ad space for sale.

deland is doing alright. every once in a while a little squall will come thru and we'll rush out in the winds with the anemometer to see what the gusts are. haven't gotten around the house enough to get clean air for an accurate measurement. hardly any rain to speak of, but the shit hasn't started to hit the fan either.

we're boredom eating like CRAZY here. :S if this keeps up, my ass will be the size of frances by the time all is said and done. :P

arlo

It's getting windy in northern Palm Beach County now. The eye is getting close to the beach.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

I'm hoping your new Tony Suit will be amongst the salvagable rubble from the shop when this is all over...

My suit came in? REALLY, REALLY, REALLY?? I'm so excited! Did you look at it? Does it look cool? I can't wait to see it! I'm sure it'll survive, I got the faith!

Power has been out since last night. I'm on the last 10 minutes of my battery power on my laptop, been checking the weather.com & noaa pics of this bitch takin her time to pass! MAN are we lucky it's only a cat 2! I'm so sorry for the bahamas but thanks for weakening her[:/]

I'll try to check in once the generator gets turned on.
:S

"I know it's friday night, but come on. Surely there's something better to do than yell at people on the internet?" - Tom A.

Power's been out three times for 20-30 minutes now. The eye's off Stuart; so, we may never see it.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Spoke with Andrea early today. She did leave her house:( Now she just sits and wonders what she will come back to. She said she got the important stuff up about two feet. Poor thing[:/]

Also talked to Lisa, she's dry and warm at Raeford:)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Man, on Fox News they have a report of a guy stuck on a small sailboat that is barely upright. They said he has no choice to figh it out on his boat until the eye hits. If he abandons ship and jumps in the water he'll be thrown against the rocks.

Man, that's gotta be rough. This looks like it'll take about 20 hours or so before it passes.

They reported that there was actually no one on that boat. I thought they said they saw somebody. Oh well. They also said that the person that was reported as a fatality in Broward was actually only a injury. Hmmm.....
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

looks like it just made landfall between jupiter and stuart. didn't i place $5 on jupiter earlier?

off to camp out at work.

Be careful Stacy... I've got my cell handy if you can get out and need messages passed on; lemme know.

This is just up on the TCPalm website (TCPalm is the newspaper for Indian River county; Sebastian is at the northern edge of the county)

Frances strikes Indian River County
By Adam L. Neal staff writer

INDIAN RIVER COUNTY — A cool breeze – unlike any other Florida wind in early September – was followed by rumbled, forced airstreams that made skyscraper-like trees as wide as tractor-trailer trucks wobble.

The true winds of Hurricane Frances met Indian River County.

Branches were stuck in a locked, horizontal position. The ends cracked like a lion-tamer’s whip until they snapped off and instantly disappeared into the mysterious night.

There was a constant hum.

Light rain peppered everything and formed sporadic, swirling puddles that were whisked away in a blink of an eye.

Sight was limited.

A hint of pastel red glowed on the horizon, only broken by sharp turquoise blasts as one transformer after another was abolished.

Silence was a thing of the past.

Frances’ fierce, growling winds picked up in the county about 9:30 p.m. Saturday. Everyone was warned, but many may not have pictured the brute strength of 100 mph winds until they saw it live.

Television images did not do justice to the wind.

A blanket of debris covered the land, making it difficult to distinguish between the county’s concrete and crab grass.

Remnants of Hurricane Charley’s destruction just three weeks ago were fresh.

Continual wailing winds throughout the night were a constant reminder of the ongoing devastation to those who attempted to sleep - not knowing what the morning might bring.

Frances would not rest.

The wind’s heart-like pulsation never seemed to break. And only time will tell what stamp Frances will leave on a beachfront community more than 90,000 people call home.

[email protected]

Posted on Sunday, September 5, 2004 at 12:10 AM

I'm currently sitting at a radio station building in Vero. They're saying that this area is going to get hit the hardest by wind, and that the eye is never going to go directly over us, so we just get the outer edge of it for the duration (so, no break at all). It's gotten MUCH more intense over the last hour.

The power's been out since like 8am this morning. They have a good generator here, so we still have limited power. I'm sorta amazed that the internet is still working.

Really, the only thing I'm concerned about are my little kitty cats, who are at my house a few miles away. I wish this thing would HURRY up so at least I could start to assess all the damage, etc. That's really the worst part about this whole thing, the slow forward speed that this hurricane has.

Also, I have no insurance on my house [:/] So that sucks a LOT.

We lost power at work. Imagine a locked unit for severe dementia residents... with the door locks NOT working. we had to play hall monitors. I was there 36 hours straight, I called in my employees to take shifts, because those of us there were delirious. I slept an hour with my face on my des. Htere's power at home, I'm here till I relieve some people tomorrow morning. ugh.

__

passed through my house( Polk county). looks like we have the eye now. winds shoukd be changing direction now. went out to check on the house we are moving to, no damage but there is moderate damage throughout my area. trees are down in the roads, etc. I saw a fallen tree in traffic that had smashed onto a motorists, it looked rather final.
I would estimate local gusts above 60mph. Power is out all over town, but so far ours has stayed on (knock on wood).

edit: the eye is actually south of me, must have just been a lull in the storm. We're getting it pretty good now.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

Ugh. Hang in there, Stacy.

Lost power at my house last night around 1am...god knows when it'll be back.

Lots of trees and power lines down in Dade City. (about 10 minutes north of Z-hills/Skydive City) Thankfully no damage to my roof or anything. We got a lot of wind up there, and then this afternoon the buckets of rain started.

Skydive City looks pretty good. Didn't see any trailer damage during a quick drive through...just lots of standing water. And it's still raining.

(At a friend's house right now....they have TV and hot food!) :)