elpeludo

Divorces and skyskydiving

Hell of a thing to ask:( Is the divorce rate higher in our community, than that of the non -jumper communites? :o
When the coditions call, ya' gotta cut away.
becoming single..... el peludo :$:$:$

IMO don't worry about it you can always marry/hook up with someone else at the same DZ, Happens all the time. Most folks still get along.

Be carefule if you end up with kids from both S.O. and the kids grow up together at the DZ. Could be very confusing.

R.I.P.

I don't think it is any higher in the skydiver community than anywhere else. We are a pretty divorce happy society anymore. Statistics run around a fifty percent chance of divorce. A lot of people take thoose vows for granted and figure when they are having maritial problems it is easier to just cut away. Wich like in skydiving is not allways the best thing to do
Some people cutaway too low and burn in. Others cutaway before clearing there trash that is following and create more of a mess. Only the person that is along for the ride can tell what is actually best.
In skydiving most people will try to clear a mallfunction. Or at least evaluate if it is posible. If they could and had time for it I am sure they would even seek help or advice before going to silver.
But like in skydiving over a dense forrest and also in marrige. You have to decide before you cutaway if loosing everything, except your reserve ride, is an acceptable option. And you never know how that reserve ride is gonna turn out do ya. And in marrige you have more than one life attached to that cutaway handle
Allways your Bro
but not agreeing now
Pat
-------------------------------------------------------------
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

Hell of a thing to ask:( Is the divorce rate higher in our community, than that of the non -jumper communites? :o
When the coditions call, ya' gotta cut away.
becoming single..... el peludo :$:$:$

A.I.D.S..... Altitude Induced Divorce Syndrome

Action©Sports

If ya chop , pull stable. If you have time, disconnect the RSL before choppin. (altitude permitting). Save your handles and land somewhere safe. Don't chase the freebag or garbage into hazardous areas. Buy your rigger a bottle. Most malfunctions can be prevented by a good pack job, and sometimes you just can't win.

Pat is right Mikey, You knew the hard parts were coming, but it is the path you chose, and made it a Point of no return trip. Don't get me wrong brother, I love you and sympathize with you about your situation. However, many people give up way too easy. Having a marriage work takes alot of work and effort, and if you are going to take those vows, and truelly stand behind what you've said, then you must make every effort. I'm sorry that you're feeling down Mikey. I hope letting you know that I am still here for you, cheers you up a little bit. I know that you are a surviver, and you will persevere Mike. Stay strong, Okay?-Caress
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

Dude, No matter how long you have been married, I would suggest counseling. My wife and I are in counseling now to see if we can be fixed/saved. If it works out its going to be great, If it doesnt, At least we know we both tried.

BartsDaddy-- Excellent metaphor.

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

***BartsDaddy-- Excellent metaphor.

Thanks it's one of my post I actually put a litle bit of thought into.

Edited to add: I hope thing's work out for you and your wife Kai:)-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle