Vallerina

Book clubs

Is anybody here in a book club? I love reading, but I also love talking (big shock, right?) and discussing. So, when I read a book, and I want to talk about it, I usually get the, "Is she done talking yet?" look from others. It would be nice to actually talk about a book with people.

I know there are book clubs, but I don't know if they're really cheesy or what. I could probably take a class, but that would probably cost me more money.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

How come the second I leave school, I want to go back? :D

:D heh, you're not the only one ...... as much as i hate school, i like the atmosphere, and i like being in school .... however, as i began taking postgrad classes, i realized that as much as i enjoy school, i still hate going to school ..... i just like the people, i hate the classes, except for some classes and some people ... it's a vicious cycle.
This ad space for sale.

I love to read, I'm constantly in the middle of 2 or 3 books. I have never had the urge to talk about them with other's really. It's my private escape.

Movies on the other hand, now those I like to talk about.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

nothing formal, but of the 40 or so people on my IM, about half of them are friends i share, trade and talk to about books.... actually it usually bleeds over into art, movies and life in general, but it started with books.. at this point Ive met most of them in person but for many our friendship began by discussing various writers and literature on now defunct webboards..

Currently reading:

Gene Wolfe Endangered Species
Italo Calvino The Baron in the Trees

just finished the Dune:Machine Crusade and a couple of good mind candy books by Steven Brust. Also rereading A book of Five Rings and Zen Flesh, Zen Bones as those always helps me recenter and i'm waaaay off lately....:S

grrr just realized i owe a dz.commer a book list...

edit to add my yahooIM: yaguaraz if here wants to discuss books... or anything really...