dropdeded

I Have Crabs

:$ showing my ignorance of West-coast fare :$
What the heck is a Dungeness crab....I have to assume somewhat similar to a Blue Crab? Got a pic?

If jenner likes it, it must be good.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Easiest way is a crab boil, which is a mixture of spices, and boil them till done. Done can range from 2 minutes to 10 minutes.

Hey Justin :)
Sounds easy... maybe I'll give it a try... but I'm a pretty lousy cook, so who knows what will happen. [:/]:$

Just throw 'em in a big pot of boiling water with spices? What kind of spices do you normally use?

So you don't cook them at all? Just raw, right out of the ocean?
------------------------------------------------------------

Oh no, right off the boat, into a pot of boiling water for about 10-12 minutes (whole crabs, lots of em), take em out, put em in a bucket of cool water, then into another bucket of clean water. This was a huge operation, 6 boats in our group. Then iced em up for the trip home.
As far as buying crab, I always bought em cooked, cleaned, and cracked. mmm, yummy

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

I was just up in tillamook (Oregon) crabbing the fun way!

SCUBA!!!

we caught enough too feed us all, and about a pound left over, (after cracking)

Now I am Home (Coos Bay) north of bandon by 20 miles, dreading school starting tomorrow...

glad you enjoyed my Home turf Coos County!:)

If that's the main entree, I will usually ask for another meat alonside it (musscles, scallops or cold half shell oysters) cuz it's hard to get enough habanero tabasco sauce to marinate in that meat with the oil coating

Dry Dock in San Antonio's got excellent seafood, too... shit I'm goin to the movies tonight to see that new John Waters' flick (the one with Tracy Ullman in it... rated NC-17)... that's where I'mma gonna go eat now.... yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :P

that is what I love about diving for dinner.

You go down, and bring up a big "goody bag" full of clams, crabs, muscles, shrimp, scallops, pretty much whatever cannot move faster underwater than I.

the oysters here are a commercial thing only, so legally I cannot bring up oysters too.

I went crabbing this weekend too, with Pleifer in Tillamook. SCUBA crabbing rocks!!
He pulled out this crab that was larger then the measuring thing. Took a clam and two rock oyerster. We didn't know what they were at the time.:)
It was a great weekend. Last outing before school starts tomorrow.

It really depends on the type of crab, from what I remember living on the west coast you could buy whole cooked dugeness crabs ready to go(Safeway back then). All you needed was some crackers and melted butter. Snow crab legs like you get in resturants come cooked as well but need to be heated/steamed. Down in texas ya get blue crab normally served bar-b-q'd (seasoned then fried) or boiled whole in craw fish seasoning. But then down in florida ya get huge stone crab claws already cooked all ya do is break those suckers open and go to town. I had no idea I knew this much about crab????

"Don't Mess Around With the Guy in Shades- Oh No!!! "