tracylu

cheap airfare?

I was wondering if anyone here knew of a website or something that had good airfare deals other than the traditional ones that come up on google. Looking to do some traveling to warmer areas this winter for jumping. B|
freefall puts everything in perspective

I was wondering if anyone here knew of a website or something that had good airfare deals other than the traditional ones that come up on google. Looking to do some traveling to warmer areas this winter for jumping. B|

Obviously there is hotwire.com, orbitz.com, travelocity.com, etc...... However, each airline has there own website, and they continually post deals there. Most airlines have a pricematch guarantee also, so if you find a good rate go the airlines site and request the match. The fare will come out cheaper, because you won't have to pay the third party fees that the hotwire.com, etc's get and you have more leverage changing the reservation later.

First off, I would find out who flew the route you want to go and then go the flyer's site.
2nd, get the fare way, way in advance or right at the last minute. Airlines are hurting right now and tend to discount at the last minute (priceline.com)to fill up the planes.

I have to agree. I have found most of my fights really really cheep by going to the airlines themselves...and keeping an eye out as soon as I know im traveling....my next two flights I have kick ass fares on.....no third partys involved.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Great advice... I've never paid much over $250 for a plane ticket no matter where I'm flying.

Some regional airlines offer deals too. Southwest is awesome in TX and the Midwest, Spirit Air and Independance Air (I think) and a few other smaller airlines on the East coast offer good deals as well.

The trick, really, is shopping around, and a lot of searches which I'm sure you've already figured out.B|

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

If you have access to Southwest Airlines they have been cheaper lately than Orbitz. I flew to WFFC and Perris this summer for $89 and $69 one-way respectively. They do not participate in the on-line ticket services, so you have go to the airline website http://www.soutwest.com .

Blue skies,

Jim

The surprizing thing...SW couldnt touch the fares I got going round trip from chicago to ONT or round trip to MCO....not even close.

You have to shop around, it changes on a weekly basis.....and be flexible with your flight times too...that helps.

I spent a good 4 weeks watching them, and then pounced. yes i started looking way in advance, 3 months +.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Just keep in mind...these sites tag on a service fee(usually $5)....use them to get basic prices...then try to go directly to the source...IE that airlines website...
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I saved a lot of money using Expedia to fly to the USA from the Uk near Christmas, Brit Airways wanted £500 one-way, Expedia offered £360 return with Brit Airways. The connection between Perris and Eloy was via Southwest and their website was very cheap. Enjoy. B|
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....