Conundrum

Mmmmm, fresh water eel

In Osaka Japan there was a restaurant with a large window to the kitchen so passers-by could watch them preparing and cooking eel.

There was a barrel filled with LIVE eels. The cook would take one out, slam it down, impaling one end over a nail on the cutting board, and in one long slice, separate it into 2 pieces where it would then get dipped in the sweet sauce and tossed on the barbeque.....

Now thats FRESH water eel! :S

marc

What a coincidence! I had sushi today too! I went with a small group from work, so we had a few things: Rainbow roll, spicy tuna tempura roll, spider roll, a few others not worth mentioning and my favorite hamachi (yellow tail sushi). Unagi is good but I didn't order it this time. I had sawara (spanish mackarel), toro, sake, and maguro. And still, nothing beats the taste and texture of the yellow tail sushi. mmMMMMmmmmm! :P

Me likes sushi very much!
~Chivo

I just went over to the asian market down the street to pick up some Salmon Sashimi, Fresh young coconuts, seaweed salad, seasoned tofu, and some bananas and a couple other things.

Just now I cut up big pile of sashimi, ate that along with a good sized pile of seaweed salad. Good stuff!

The rest is for later. All for under 20 bucks! ($18.87 to be exact)

Hi Chelle,
Fresh Water eel eh!!! I catch them all the time here down the road from my house in the South River! They are fun to catch! Cut them up and use them for catfish bait!! Also catch big Blackfish (bowfins) with them too.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Just had sushi for lunch and it was oh-so-good.

Who had what for lunch??

HAPPY FRIDAY!! B|

Yummy--unagi is pretty tastey, more so than anago.(Salt water)

If you make it it to Vegas, there's a world famous sushi place at the hardrock called Nobu with awsome sushi.

The original is in NY and it a pain to get in, but hard rock is completely doable.
-----
2+2=5 For Large Values Of 2

I agree. I love nature and so does my oldest brother. I don't think he thought about it (killing the snake) at the time. There is a lot of natural wildlife (owls, eagles, foxes, bobcats, deer, rabbits, rodents, raccoons, possums, armadillos, rattlesnakes, etc....) where he resides. Unfortunately no more pigs/boars exist in those woods because the local rednecks took care of that over 15 years ago with their pit bulls and guns. I visit my brother about once a month and he is always so exited about taking me on his wood paths.