Jkralovec

Is your contact info on your D-Bag?

I have only seen that done once, but seems reasonable.

do yourself, your dbag , and your rigs future owners a favor - write all your info out on something that's waterproff, and have that stitched to the outside of the bag. This way the next owner can pull the stitching and attach a panel with their name to it.

Eclipse freebag bridles have a panel like that, I think it's a marvelous idea instead of permanent marketing it in.

It's just a D-bag...how much are they? like $50? I'd be hesitant to modify it in anyway and cause a mal. (as impossible as that may be)

most dbags nowdays are black, so you are forced to do what I suggested.

also, if you have your rigger stitch it on, and do it while the bag does not have a canopy in it, I don't see what kind of malfunction you can create.

It's just a D-bag...how much are they? like $50?

I think the point was not to help find the dbag, but to find the main canopy that is attached to it (generally worth well more than $50).

Re: black dbags, Sharpie pens come in silver (I've used them to write my contact info on the back of my alti since almost everyone's looks alike and they seem to fall out of gearbags and/or get misplaced fairly commonly). Any riggers have a thought on whether that would degrade the dbag fabric? (Though I do like the idea of sewing it on so that it can be removed by a future owner and/or changed if your contact info changes).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I'm the OP.

I was referring to silver sharpie specifically.

When I made the post about the cost of the d-bag, I meant if I were to replace it when selling my container because my name is written all over it.

In 99.9% of cases the D-bag will remain attached to the canopy.

:)

Do you all write your name, address and phone number on your d-bag?

Name, home number and email in sharpie on the D-bag lanyard.

Wife called me while we were searching for the free bag, said some woman called about skydiving debris with my name an number on it in her yard. Then my wife wanted to know what the hell we were doing that the lady found three of them.:o

When I made the post about the cost of the d-bag, I meant if I were to replace it when selling my container because my name is written all over it.

In 99.9% of cases the D-bag will remain attached to the canopy.

:)

WRONG. Dbag belongs with the container, and should not be sold with the canopy.

And when the silver sharpie had bleed through onto the main and screwed it up your not going to be very happy.

A patch sewn to you d bag, appropriately, is not going to cause a malfunction.

I've gounded a number of free bag bridles that some rigger had the owner write their info on with a sharpie like marker of some type. In 2 inch letters>:(. Besides probably weakening the material it bled all over.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Why is this funny?

What did the D bag come with when you bought a new rig.

The D bag DOES belong with the container. If you think otherwise your screwing the container buyer.

Sorry you missed the point and humor. ;) But you're right, the D-bag stays with the rig. Always been so and always will be. How else could I get everything from a 98 to a 150 in the same rig?
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

When we pulled a ripcord everyjump,;) lost ripcords used to be pretty common. And a 4 pin B4 ripcord and handle is a chunk of cable for a combine to eat. Certainly they have been damaged and owners/insurance companies have come looking for money.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

my shit is insured.. no contact info required ;-)

So's mine. But I'd still much rather get it back than have to cough up a deductible (10+ jump tickets) and wait however long it takes to get a replacement.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Why is this funny?

What did the D bag come with when you bought a new rig.

The D bag DOES belong with the container. If you think otherwise your screwing the container buyer.

Sorry you missed the point and humor. ;) But you're right, the D-bag stays with the rig. Always been so and always will be. How else could I get everything from a 98 to a 150 in the same rig?

Well one guy I know uses an empty coke bottle. It hits him on the head occasionally during deployment.:o

He really should provide a supply of them when he sells that rig.