Tuna-Salad

Question about tandem canopy..

Typically, no.

Although I HAVE seen them. There was an Ez-384 that had a set of dive loops on it that I jumped. I pulled on them a couple of times after opening to see what I could do. Well, I'm a fairly stout person and I couldn't get it to do anything.:D

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

self-made dive-loops are the way to go. just take a shakle with some long cord, tied to a loop, reaching from riser to your feet. attach to risers after opening, step in and off you go :o:) YMMV on this B|

edit: NO I haven't tried this stunt!

The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

Typically, no.

Although I HAVE seen them. There was an Ez-384 that had a set of dive loops on it that I jumped. I pulled on them a couple of times after opening to see what I could do. Well, I'm a fairly stout person and I couldn't get it to do anything.:D

Dave is my hero.. he always has an answer for everything... :D

( I can relate to what you said about tugging on the loops.. under big ass 260 student canopy I would lift myself out of the harness almost ) Only on a 210 can I actually do riser dives and even then I cannot hold them very long
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

No.
I have never seen front riser dive loops on a tandem.

The problem is that tandems are so big and so heavily front-loaded that I have never been able to pull down a front riser by hand, not even with a 100 pound Japanese girl on the front.

Meanwhile I can do rear riser turns and rear riser flares with smaller students.
Riser pressure and toggle pressure increase rapidly as student weight increases.

Every one already knows toggle hooks are a much safer way of turning.

Dirty low hookers are my favorite... :D

What do you mean low? It's never too low for a hook turn.

It's never too low for a hook turn, but it's the surviving part that matters.

I've never really looked, but do tandem canopies have dive loops on the front risers? (Probably a dumb question)

Not that I know of...

But backing up one day directly over the tree line and looking back at nothing but miles of woods... I climbed up the fronts even without them...;)
Don't know how effective it was, but it made me feel better doing something right about then... :o

JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...