moodyskydiver

Calling all Stephen King Dark Tower series readers!

I know I'm not the only King fan around here and have discussed the Dark Tower series here numerous times before. I thought I'd pass on a bit of good news about Roland and his ka-tet...

"Due to popular demand, the US publication schedule for release of Song of Susannah and The Dark Tower have been moved ahead. The on-sale date for Song of Susannah will now be June 8, 2004 and The Dark Tower will be available September 21, 2004."

:)

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I have been rereading Wolves right now, and really want to know what happens next. I do believe I need to re-read several of his previous books, which seem to tie into the Gunslinger series, too, between now and then.

Thanks for the update, Amber.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Cool !

Roland needs to get his ass to The Tower before King kicks the bucket. :)
What's your favorite so far ? I think "The Waste Lands" beats out "Wizard And Glass" by a hair.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Thanks for the update, Amber

You were just the "Oh Constant Reader" I had in mind while writing my post dear. I hope that put a bit of cheer into your recuperation and you're feeling 100% again soon.:)
As for other books that refernce the DT series, The Talisman is a good place to start rereading.:)

I hope that put a bit of cheer into your recuperation and you're feeling 100% again soon.

It certainly did! How sweet to be thought of....:$ thanks...

I've made it all day without a pill (but several naps), and I'm getting bored with the pain, so I am going to grab a pill, grab Wolves, and crawl into bed. Soon, therefore, is relative. ;)

Ciels-
Michele

It certainly did! How sweet to be thought of....:$ thanks...

I've made it all day without a pill (but several naps), and I'm getting bored with the pain, so I am going to grab a pill, grab Wolves, and crawl into bed. Soon, therefore, is relative. ;)

I'm so glad to hear you're in good spirits atleast, given the circumstances. You are definitely thought of alot by many here. Best wishes (and safe travels through Mid-world.);)

The Talisman is a good place to start rereading

Good suggestion. Also 'Salem's Lot, to remember what Callahan is talking about. And Insomnia.

I must admit, when I read the title Wolves of the Calla I harbored hopes that it would be Wolf from Talisman, or Wolf's ilk coming back into the storyline. I liked Wolf.

Time for pills and bed....

Ciels-
Michele

We went to the beach last week and I was looking for lobstrocities.. they sound delicious!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
chopchop

gotta go... plaything needs a spanking..
-----------------------------------------------------------

Now Im gonna hear them things in my mind all day

DAD A CHUM DID A CHID :S

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now Im gonna hear them things in my mind all day

DAD A CHUM DID A CHID :S

dropdeded

It's been a long while since I read the three original Dark Tower books, but I distinctly remember the phrases - DID A CHICK, DOD A CHOCK, DUM A CHUM... I had these phrases stuck in my head for years! Now I wish I'd never opened this thread!! :S :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I didn't have any problem getting a first edition copy of the last one without preordering or waiting in a long line, so I'm just taking my chances again this time!

Even the last Harry Potter book (which I did pre-order) was available pretty much everywhere!