Brian425

So I love my family.

I am the "different one" in my family. The strange thing is that in my family instead of being the outcast, I am supported.

We were at my cousin's wedding tonight. When my skydiving injury came up, many people gave the the "you're crazy" lecture. My father finally had enough and said "If that's what he wants to do and he does his best to be careful, then I support him. He does not have to answer to anyone except himself and Eva (my wife)." I was so proud and happy. My whole family has always supported me when I wanted to do something different. I guess I am just lucky to have them.

Sorry to waste your time with nice posts about my whuffo family. I just wanted to share how lucky I am!! :)

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

That's pretty cool. I have been only SLIGHTLY more crazy than my Dad ever was in his life. So.....my Mom can't bitch too much. I shocked her for quite a few years in the Air Force. It's kinda funny.......now when I talk about my "NEXT" project (Job) She doesn't even flinch. In fact.....she was trying to give me advice. I think sometimes they just get used to it. :D They have figured out that if there is something dangerous on the planet.........I'm probably going to do it. :D

My parents are great. They didn't like the idea of me BASE jumping for a while but they've known me long enough to figure I would be doing it anyway. (I've been rock climbing, rope jumping, and skydiving for a while.) Now they just support me and my dad and I will sit on the couch watching BASE video.

Not to make light of an accident but when the climbers froze to death on El Capitan in yosemite, my mom had something pretty funny to say. She said, "See, if they would just make BASE jumping legal in the national parks then they could have just parachuted down." I couldn't believe my ears. I had the biggest smile and I was so proud of my mom!

She did make a skydive with Kmonster and me when I got back from Iraq this summer. She said, after giving birth to me, it was the most amazing thing she's ever experienced. What a cool mom!

Edit: Oh yeah, my mom was a good sport about driving to Yosemite to get us out of jail too;)!

My Dad thought my jumping was pretty cool, he talked about doing a jump but died in 99. My Mom would prefer that I not jump but she doesn't bug me at all about it. My kids are all for it (older two have done a tandem, daughter was scared, son loved it!). Two younger ones are going to jump when they turn 18.

Yep, the Ohana is good:)

I have a huge family. Every one of them have supported me in my decision to skydive. However, since I wish to resume skydiving when I recover from my injury, I do hear some apprehension in their voices.

Chris

You "guess" you're lucky to have them Bri?:S....I can tell that you're grateful for your supportive family;)...good for you. Glad you're doing better.

BTW..my family thought I was NUTZ in the beginning and now they are extremely supportive. My mom's reads my Parachutist and Skydiving Mags BEFORE me! and tells me what's worth reading. I'm so happy she shows interest because it gives her peace of mind which gives me peace of mind.