Jib

Fox's Branson Show

So, if he's looking for people as wild as he thinks he is, why didn't he just come here??

Walking between two balloons? Damn, I paid like $89 to jump from one! >:(

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

I'm trying to figure out what's so scary about crossing between the balloons. They have a harness on, nothing is going to happen to them!

I loved how he kicked off those people for being rude to the cab driver. I always pay attention to how people treat service people when I am out with them, especially when I'm on a date. It's so telling about their character!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Remember they're whuffos.
As for the cab driver, that was beautiful.

How do you arrange to jump off the top???!!!

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

I would have fired the blonde Tommy Boy looking guy (CEO of Lovesack) because he let the old cab driver (Richard) carry all the bags and he lied to that girl that was afraid of heights.

I alsow would have ashed to wear my rig with no harness and 'accidentally' fell off the beam.

--

I'm trying to figure out what's so scary about crossing between the balloons. They have a harness on, nothing is going to happen to them!

Wasn't they going to get sent home if they fell?

Thats the only thing i can think of that would happen to them cause, as you say, they were wearing a harness.:)

Most of these shows that have the aerial stunts, the people are so scared of falling....I don't understand, do they not realize they have harnesses on, that they won't fall to the ground? I know they want to win, but they seem more afraid of falling than they are of failing:S. I think it would have been cool to be on top of the hot air balloon!

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

It's not so uch the falling part, it's the height in general. Vertigo I guess. I' not afraid of heights at all, and the higher the easier, but get e on a high walkway and vertigo can and usually does sit in. I' not afraid, but I'll be damned if I can balance without holding on to something.
Kind of like that old saying "Don't look down..."
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Most of these shows that have the aerial stunts, the people are so scared of falling....I don't understand, do they not realize they have harnesses on, that they won't fall to the ground?

Even with a harness on, if it's something they haven't done, it's normal to be scared. I had a harness on when i did my 1st tandem and was still scared. I can see why those of us that jump wouldn't be scared. But come on, a person that isn't a jumper, of course they'll be scared.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

wasn't there someone who landed a canopy on top of a balloon, then changed rigs (there was one on the balloon) and jumped off of it? one plane ride, two freefalls, two landings!B| amazing accuracy landing on the balloon.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Most of these shows that have the aerial stunts, the people are so scared of falling....I don't understand, do they not realize they have harnesses on, that they won't fall to the ground?

Even with a harness on, if it's something they haven't done, it's normal to be scared. I had a harness on when i did my 1st tandem and was still scared. I can see why those of us that jump wouldn't be scared. But come on, a person that isn't a jumper, of course they'll be scared.

ja its 'gear fear' they dont know enough (and are not taught enough to ruin the effect for television) to really understand its as safe as the producers can possibly make it...

it was always an interesting phase when teaching someone to rapple....to get them to trust the first L.... then the belay.. then an invert... after a few 'easy' drops you start to get a bit silly with your faith in the equipment and then it can get really dangerous.....

I think it would be natural to have some fear and hesitation. gear has been known to fail etc. Doesn't mean it stops you.

ohh, this is the internet.....Damn, that shit don't scare me. Only a fool would be scared of doing something as easy as walking between two hot air balloons at 10,000 feet.....

When I saw the different stunts they had to do on the Rebel Billionaire, the first thing that popped into my head was, "I wonder if a skydiver tried out for the show...and if the producers knew the candidate was a skydiver, would that person be automatically eliminated while trying to get on the show?"

Just thinking that a skydiver wouldn't be as nervous/scared, therefore far less dramatic and entertaining for the cameras. The balloon walk looked cool, the tea party on top was even cooler, but the baton pass between wingwalkers was awesome!

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

Well, it would have been awsome to do, but the skills and difficulty was more with the pilots I felt...

Absolutely...I wouldn't be too worried about sitting on the plane and passing the baton to another wingwalker--that's why it looks like a lot of fun. ;)

Definitely would be more concerned with the skill of the pilots flying that close in formation, with two inexperienced wingwalkers and a baton. Somebody could've lost an eye with that stick! :D

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

Just thinking that a skydiver wouldn't be as nervous/scared, therefore far less dramatic and entertaining for the cameras. The balloon walk looked cool, the tea party on top was even cooler, but the baton pass between wingwalkers was awesome!

Why shouldn't a skydiver be scared? Even at ground level I'm going to have a hard time balancing on a tiny beam, and falling off seems to have the high chance of getting kicked off. Fear of losing can be as strong as fear of death.

Why shouldn't a skydiver be scared? Even at ground level I'm going to have a hard time balancing on a tiny beam, and falling off seems to have the high chance of getting kicked off. Fear of losing can be as strong as fear of death.

I didn't say skydivers would not be scared, but rather LESS nervous/scared because skydivers spend a fair amount of time assessing their risks. It's more likely that a skydiver would be less scared/nervous doing these "extreme" stunts because (in theory) they understand the risks better. Harnesses--check. Lots of safety gear and safety crews--check. None of which are failsafe, but still willing to do it, cos it looks FUN!

The sentiment here seems to be, "I'd love to try that...and then jump off!" When we were watching the show, both Andy I were saying "I'd like to try that!" to many of the stunts.

The big audience draw to these types of stunts on shows is seeing fear in the contestants. Why do you think "Fear Factor" is so popular? People like to be scared, excited, and shocked--especially when we don't actually have to engage in the scary task, but live through it vicariously. The producers are going to pick people who are going to get scared easily...more drama, more tension, more entertainment, more money.

I don't think "Oh no, I'm going to lose the television competition!" is as capitivating as "Holy shit, I'm going to die!"

_Pm
__

They should have picked me. I'm a skydiver and have years and years (and years.. and years...) of dance training. Although a skydiver/gymnast would have been perfect!

I am in to this show.. its like The Apprentice meets Xtreme sports! Why didnt I try out???

Someone told me Branson is a skydiver, is that true?

Oh my gosh, being on top of the balloons would be fun, I wonder how the top could support that much weight? I might be a little scared to go up anywhere that high without a rig...I may have the urge to jump off and forget I'm not wearing a parachute...:S

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...