robertmicp

MP3 player

Check out www.iriveramerica.com....I had a chance to play with one the other day and they are possibly one of the best MP3 players on the market. The higher end ones like the 340 are great and have the FM Tuner built in...you can even get a Photo viewer version right now. The Creative Zen is great as well.

If you are looking for a tiny little solid state MP3 player, check out the smaller iRiver's or the Zepp.

I got an Ipod...

Pros;
Plenty of room for .wav files...
(I CAN hear the diference between Ipod's .4mp files & .wav...& I'm half deaf) edit; when used with home system...
Good storage for back-up...(Can be used as hard-drive)
Well built...

Cons;
Areal pain in the ass to interface with windows...
You can only download .4mp files from Itunes site..
When you reload your system you have to re-authorize your computer...you can only do this 5 times...(Then your purchased music turns into pumkins)...
Battery is built in ..must send to facyory to change...

If I had it to do over...I would go with a windows based machine

d

I want an Ipod...

Then again, I can go without the solid state, since I'm not going to be super hard on it.

The rumor sites are predicting a flash memory iPod in the New Year....likely announced in January at macWorld San Francisco. So, if you wait about a month you'll be able to see if you have the choice of hard drive or flash iPods.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I like my Rio Kharma. 20 gb, works like a charm. I even transferred audio books and adult stories... oops! I mean audio books and more audio books and plenty of music. That stuff you heard a second ago, word salad. My Kharma is small, sounds crystal clear through Sennheiser earphones, easy to learn, operate, connect and update. Check it out, pick it up, look around, start it up. Hear it loud, listen low, crank it up, hear it blow! Move about, bank and turn, twist around, spin and burn. Okay, you can give it back now thank you.

You're always the starter in your own life!

I have the 20gb Ipod, b/c I thought there was no way in hell that I could ever have that much stuff in it, but you'll be surprised how quickly it fill up.
I find the Ipod very user friendly and not a hassle at all with Windows. There are millions of accessories that you can buy for it and it looks really cool.
The problem is that the battery life is only about 8hrs, and it gets scratched just by looking at it:(

Which ever MP3 player you decide to buy go to BestBuy and see if they have the exchange plan -- The exchange plan allows you to get a new player or the money back any time you want and as many times you want for what ever reason.
I'm on my 3rd Ipod :)

Its a great plan and well worth the price
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

I've got the iRiver IFP-899. It's a damned nice MP3 player. 1GB of flash memory (no moving parts or mini HD's to suck batteries) and it's small.

Currently I've got about 20 CD's worth of music on it, encoded variable WMA and still have a bit over 400 Mb of space left. I've considered playing around with OGG to see how it sounds and maybe save a bit more space.

FM tuner, line in recording, built in mic for recording, it's a pretty sweet deal. Add to that the fact that I've been getting about 30-35 hours of playback off an AA battery and it's a deal that's pretty hard to beat!

It's $250 at the iRiver store.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706