Deuce

Heroin. Coming to a Starbucks near you.

it may be complete shit - but back in my science days I was told that chocolate produces the same endomorphins in the brain that are released during orgasm - why only in females I don't know,
but seriously - sex and chocolate, what more could you want (except clearly skdiving, but it somehow doesn't combine successfully with either - shame)

and yes most italian hot chocolate - is just chocolate heaven in a cup, I'll reserve judgment on the nasty US coglomerate version

Ahhhh, Starfucks, the corporate whore strikes again. Home of the $4 coffee and soon to own the world...well, that's after the very bloody and long civil war for pure domination between Micro$oft and Starfucks.

I say all of that and I *still* have to stop by for a triple-grande-nonfat-nowhip-mocha.>:(
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

There's a craft chocolate shop down the road from me in Harvard Square called J.P. Burdick's. They have these drinks called Iced Chocolates and are absolutely intense. Now, I'm a chocolate fiend, and I could only drink about a third of the drink before it was too much.

It's very very rich, and not all that sweet. They also make Cafe Mochas with the same chocolate base and it about blows your mind.
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

Dearest, friendliest, BatBex....

I am relatively young - but I live in the middle of nowhere - and my telephone still had a rotor dial until 1999, we still don't have an answering machine, our tv remote had more than two buttons - but only 5 channels and unless you have skydigital - tv still only has 6 channels, we have a ford station wagon - and there are still different grades of gasoline!! lol! I like living out in the country! - you can't be that old

I am relatively young, too. Just depends on who you're asking. To my dad, I'm a young'un...but to you, I'm old. Trust me.

See, you live out in the country. I'm describing all of this, from a suburb of Los Angeles, some 3 decades ago. Not country by any stretch of the imagination. And I know you're not dissing american chocolate...but still, man, the chocolate I could get worked for me. And started an addiction the likes of which there is no cure. So yes, Hershey's sucks comparatively, but whatever. Don't deny me my simple pleasures. And no, not that 1/2 calorie nasty "Simple Pleasures" by Hershey's, either.

As to your comment

I had to have recourse to my other two favourite activities to cope with the loss

Hah, well. See, I'm grounded. No air time. And I haven't dated anyone in so long I think everything is dusty and blechy. So guess what?

Chocolate.

If your chocolate is so good, I'll taste test it. Send me some, and I will let you know how it compares. (See, I know it would be better, but this is my way of getting someone to take great pity on me and send some chocolate...).

Did you know there is no 12 step program for coffee, chocolate, and Barnes and Noble? Which sucks. I have to discipline myself to not take a credit card with me. I don't think the bankruptcy court would think "well, your Honor, I have a reading/chocolate/coffee addition, and I am not responsible for the crime" would be a good defense. OTOH, it is California, so it might fly. Hey, LawRocket? Have any help on constructing a defense for me here?

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Er, Deucy...

but I'm sure lots of Europeans will be mortified that a gigantic US conglomerate has come up with something so good that's mass produced.

I still say

Bring.
It.
On.

See, and if your girls don't like it, that's all right. I'll just drink more. Don't worry, if it's as lucious as you say it is, then it will be consumed in great number. By me.

Hey, I just figured it out. I can get about 7 cups of it for one single weekend jump ticket. Hee heee.....!!!!! And nearly 10 if I was going to get that jump packed by a packer. Whaaaaaaaaaahooooooooooooo!

(Help!!!)

Oh, and Deucy? How the hell did you get on a focus panel for Starbucks? I wanna do that, too!!! I wanna know what delectable treats are upcoming, and then I can gloat and plot and plan just like you. Yeahbob, that's what I could do!

Ciels-
Michele

Now, I'm a chocolate fiend, and I could only drink about a third of the drink before it was too much

Hah. Wimp.

You're no chocolate fiend. You're a chocolate fiend wanna-be. You *try* to dress like us chocoholics, you *try* to consume it like we can, you *try* to understand it's effects life we do, but no, you just can't hang with the big girls. Poor Wolf.

I'm a chocolate fiend.

Here's the connoseur's rules for chocolate tasting.

~Take a small, silver, chocolate knife, and slice the merest morsel from the chocolate you are tasting.
~ Lift the morsel to your nose. Sniff deeply. Close your eyes, and savor the scent of heaven as it creeps into your nasal passages.
~ Wipe the tear of anticipation away.
~ Gently - no sudden moves, please - place the small silver knife between your lips, and let the chocolate morsel fall onto the tip of your tongue.
~ Let it lay there until it's warm. Tase it gently but thoroughly, detecting the smallest, slightest overlapping of flavors.
~Identify the butterfat, the cocoa, the sugar. Breathe in deeply, and then swalllow.

See? You're a wimp. You just bite and chew.

Ciels-
Michele

There may be no cure for European chocolate addiction, but there IS revenge...

Our company has offices located in Neuchatel, Switzerland. Every time they come to our offices they bring chocolate. Lots of it. After getting us all hooked on it, they start making demands of us during the normal course of business. "Server not built on time? No chocolate on the next visit!":S

So, last year, when they came over on another visit, we suggested a little outing...

The Jelly Belly Jelly Bean factory, up in Fairfield, CA.

Revenge, like jelly beans, is a dish best served cold. (Well, OK, room temperature);)

So now we have a sweet (literally!) deal going on, each side keeps the other stocked, and nobody gets hurt!

Shawn

So now we have a sweet (literally!) deal going on, each side keeps the other stocked, and nobody gets hurt!

See, now, that's what I like hear about. A group of international enablers!

O.K., while I sit here and drool over the memories of Belgian chocolate, I think I'll get some warm clothes on and go get a Mocha latte. Steaming. Hot. Rich. Delectible. Delightful. With whipped cream and maybe a dash of cinnamon...or hazelnut. Yeah. Hazelnut.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......my sole release. Or even my soul's release. Either way, I betcha I sleep well tonight!

Talk to you all later!

Ciels-
Michele

OK gorgeous.

The company doing the research was Nichols Research, and once they determine your demographic, they will be all over you. You're just not a 40 year old white man with two children who (used to) makes $100,000 per year.

Everybody wants you to like their food when you are who they think I am.

:P

Deuce,
I think i might have found something even better then your liquid chocolate, it's called Cold Stone Creamery!!! This is a place where people will wait in line for 30 + minutes in 20degree weather for some of the best and orgasmic ice cream you can imagine. (They even have cake batter ice cream). The people sing songs and you watch them mix in any (I mean ANY) topping you can imagine!! I just got strawberry shortcake sundae. Basically its made up of cake batter ice cream, real strawberries, pound cake and whip topping. they even sing this little rhyme thing when you give them a tip..hehe:)
You all need to try this!!!!

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

Deuce,
I think i might have found something even better then your liquid chocolate, it's called Cold Stone Creamery!!! This is a place where people will wait in line for 30 + minutes in 20degree weather for some of the best and orgasmic ice cream you can imagine. (They even have cake batter ice cream). The people sing songs and you watch them mix in any (I mean ANY) topping you can imagine!! I just got strawberry shortcake sundae. Basically its made up of cake batter ice cream, real strawberries, pound cake and whip topping. they even sing this little rhyme thing when you give them a tip..hehe:)
You all need to try this!!!!

There is a Cold Stone about an hour from Eloy...great place to take dates...from my own personal experience..B|
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

Yah Long Beach, NY.... the name is a college nickname. Got it from a rough night of southernpeach shots!!! Long story short it included running away from cops (underage at the time), climbing out a window and a nice black eye the next day. So it was either peach or bricks (for the brick i landed on face first climbing out the window) B|

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

If your chocolate is so good, I'll taste test it. Send me some, and I will let you know how it compares. (See, I know it would be better, but this is my way of getting someone to take great pity on me and send some chocolate...).

Lol! my best friend started school in New Mexico this semester and has been phoning me up begging me to send her chocolate - so she's top of my priorities list when I get round to it.
No idea what a 12 step programme is - but it seems to imply giving up/cutting back? surely its not worth it, seriously though - chocolate is good for you, emm - off the top of my head
chocolate is good for you because a) it has calcium
b) it has protein
c) it releases endomorphins
d) it has many other essential vitamins and minerals
e) and goddammit - its chocolate, it needs no justification - ditto for caffeine
as for the barnes and noble - assuming thats an american book store - easy fix - join a library

Deuce!

Well, it took over a year but your Heroin is finally here! Got some today and WOW! This could become addictive!

Hot, lovely, creamy, steamy....chocolate delight! Mmmmmmmmmm!!!!! :)
Perfect for a cold, rainy day here in So. Cal!

Oh, and they call it "Chantico"... :)
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

We've got it here in Laguna Hills also. My wife had one the other day.

I sipped it, VERY intense! You must be a chocolate lover to actually drink this stuff. I kind of wanted to poor it over icecream but heck, what do I know? My wife liked it, I guess that counts for something.B|

I kind of wanted to poor it over icecream

Ya know, I thought the same thing. Actually have some vanilla ice cream in my freezer here. Unfortunately, by the time I got home the wonderful chocolate sensation of a drink was already gone! :P

ltdiver

It's supposed to go for $2.65 for a 6 oz serving. I thought it seemed kind of expensive, but they will probably give the first serving for free.

Like any good pusher.

Just re-read your post here....

Yes, yes they -do- exactly that! How'd you know?! :)

ltdiver