Douva

Skysurfing at the Holiday Boogie

This isn't anything special, but I wanted to see how well my computer and new video camera work for editing and outputting video, so I assembled this short video. It's just a 100 second highlight video edited from three of the training jumps Brains and I did at the Holiday Boogie.

http://www.angelfire.com/biz7/lewiscr/LAST/skysurfing.mpg

Or, if that doesn't work...

http://www.angelfire.com/biz7/lewiscr/LAST/

For what it's worth, these were our first training jumps after a three month hiatus. ;)
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

A couple of people have told me the video didn't play very smoothly for them, but I've watched it via the link a couple of times, and it plays fine on my computer, so I'm guessing you just need a fast enough broadband connection. Older 11mb/sec Wireless routers may not be fast enough for smooth playback.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

A couple of people have told me the video didn't play very smoothly for them, but I've watched it via the link a couple of times, and it plays fine on my computer, so I'm guessing you just need a fast enough broadband connection. Older 11mb/sec Wireless routers may not be fast enough for smooth playback.

It just took a few seconds to load no big deal. Watching that made me miss the "old" days when I used to shoot skysurf vids.

What could possibly go wrong?

Are you sure you have permission to use that footage??:P:P

I am using Roadrunner and it took freakin forever to load. Once it did, nice job editing out all my shitty flying.:D:D

I never noticed the black circle when watching vids on the tv, not the fact that my still bracket is visible:S Is that something that happens when you put it on the computer?? Now i need to go watch that on a large screen or something.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I never noticed the black circle when watching vids on the tv, not the fact that my still bracket is visible:S Is that something that happens when you put it on the computer??

The ring of the lens and the still bracket are outside the "TV safe" viewing area. TV screens crop the outer edges of the frame. Watching the full frame on a computer screen, you're able to see the edges of the frame that aren't visible on a standard television set. Since your video camera is designed for home use, the viewfinder and LCD screen are designed to show only the TV safe area so that people don't crop their subjects out of home videos. Professional video cameras show the full frame in the viewfinder, but a frame line indicates the TV safe viewing area.

I never noticed the black circle when watching vids on the tv, not the fact that my still bracket is visible:S Is that something that happens when you put it on the computer??

The ring of the lens and the still bracket are outside the "TV safe" viewing area. TV screens crop the outer edges of the frame. Watching the full frame on a computer screen, you're able to see the edges of the frame that aren't visible on a standard television set. Since your video camera is designed for home use, the viewfinder and LCD screen are designed to show only the TV safe area so that people don't crop their subjects out of home videos. Professional video cameras show the full frame in the viewfinder, but a frame line indicates the TV safe viewing area.

Jeez,
and I thought I was a master of trivia;)
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

Jeez,
and I thought I was a master of trivia

The REALLY scary thing, i beat him at Trivial Pursuit 90's edition:D:D:D

Yeah,
I'm afraid you'd have me there too, the 90's are kinda of a blur.:S
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

Fock that... we wanna see video of the video guy's girlfriend playing with fire!

You still coming to San Antonio in August??;) Might be able to arrange a special show at the DZ:D:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I know Deuce has some footage of that Buy the boogie dvd when it comes out!!

I aint buying no DVD unless it has footage of Brains' hot ass!!! :D

Hmm.. we tried to jump together several times, but it never happened.. I thought it would be cool to see our "dz.com skysurfing team" at work in the boogie dvd..

Sorry sunshine for letting you down.. just buy the DVD anyways :P

It just took a few seconds to load no big deal. Watching that made me miss the "old" days when I used to shoot skysurf vids.

Well, that makes sense....you are old :o:D

I got a mini-DV tape right here, provided to me by the San Marcos crew that says:

Skydive San Marcos Crew at Eloy Holiday Boogie:

Jason Lamley: Freeflying flyby
Jeff Standly: Skysurfing
Douva: Bowling/Misc
Johsh Zammit: Bowling/Moonwalk

I'm saving this one for last. I'm thinking rainy-day bowling in Casa Grande with RW gripper suits with booties on is the highlight reel.

:)

If I remember correctly you have a PC, which means you probably have a lens adapter. That is whats causing the circle

Nice!

Will we being seeing that kind of action at the Rob Harris Boogie?

Nah, that's our "B" material. We're going to be showing you the good stuff at the Rob Harris Boogie. B|