Netty

Things to do down under...

My hubby and I are traveling to Australia in a few weeks for a month of skydiving, backpacking and soaking up the rays. We're looking for any suggestions people may have with respect to must do's and see's, both skydiving and non-skydiving related. We fly into and out of Sydney and are hoping to store our gear at some dropzone as we travel up and back down the east coast. So far I've heard Fraser Island and the Whitsunday's as musts. Help?

I'm sorry i can't be of any help but i'd just like to say that i'm officially jealous! i'd love to see Oz someday. Hopefully Lainey and a few of the other Aussies on here will chime in and offer some advice.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Fraser Island and the Whitsundays are great advice, Byron is nice - personally i liked some of the less crowded places. Was watching the sun come up at a place called Nambucca heads and a pod of dolphins swam past about 30 yards out - and when i waded into the water they all swam round me :)Avoid surfers Paradise unless you like built up tourist traps, the name is seriously misleading.

Will try and think of some more but its a while since i was there.:S
Never try to eat more than you can lift

My hubby and I are traveling to Australia in a few weeks for a month of skydiving, backpacking and soaking up the rays. We're looking for any suggestions people may have with respect to must do's and see's, both skydiving and non-skydiving related. We fly into and out of Sydney and are hoping to store our gear at some dropzone as we travel up and back down the east coast. So far I've heard Fraser Island and the Whitsunday's as musts. Help?

Dammit Netty, I was all excited to see this thread pop up. And you have to ruin it with "My hubby and I" and then "Travelling to Australia!" [:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Your suggestions sound great so far - please keep them coming. As well, we're hoping to camp versus hostels. Any thoughts as to the inconveniences associated with tenting? How about any charming dropzones with great vibes that we shouldn't miss?

Hey, thanks for the clarification:P Any useful suggestions?

Fuck works pretty good - I thionk it is one of the few Internationally recognized expressions.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Brisbane is a great place. 1 1/2 hrs to Toogoolawah DZ (my favorite in the world with 2 Caravans).
In Brisbane you must go to the Breakfast creek hotel for a steak dinner.
Fraser Island to the north, Byron Bay to the south, Surfers sucks but lots of neat places to see inland from there.
If I wasn't living here in NZ I'd have moved back to Brissie years ago.
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI