sky_chica

16 year old skydivers????

Power to you!!! what teenager wants to keep that they skydive quiet:S

We all wanted everyone to know when we started. If it is legal, who gives a shit?

I always wanted to jump when i was around 16, You are very lucky to have a supportive father, fair play to both of you;)

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Okay well good on you!'
In the sport (for forum purposes) has generally had the meaining of how long one has been actually jumping.
Since I know some kids that started packing when they were 8 and have flown in the wind tunnel and can turn more points than most "regular skydivers" I guess when he is old enough to jump(according to USPA GM)....he will have been in this sport 10 years prior to ever having made his first skydive.
Works for me;)
and tim....a PM would have worked just as well.:P

it is 100% leagal I have a B licence my parents allow it and so does USPA I don't see why I should be keeping it quiet...

I agree.
I WANT my girls (and years from now...my son too)
to jump while in High School. That way Spring break in College can be spent doing something worth while and I can spoil them with new gear!:)

it is 100% leagal I have a B licence my parents allow it and so does USPA I don't see why I should be keeping it quiet..

Yep...........you're right. It is......and there certainly are no liability issues or any other problems with it. You shuold tell everyone and get yourself on the cover of Parachutist. You are the coolest person I have ver met. :S

Yep...........you're right. It is......and there certainly are no liability issues or any other problems with it. You shuold tell everyone and get yourself on the cover of Parachutist. You are the coolest person I have ver met.

:S

You are one of the more decent posters in dropzone.com.......so how come you are being such an ass today?

you are attacking this girl because she and her father are very proud of her as seems many other people are. She is 16years old and skiting a bit maybe, but so what? i am sure you have some posts where you have showed off something or been proud of yourself e.g. 'how is dropzone.com going to live without me?'....but you do not want people attacking you.

This girl has accomplished something far greater than any 16 year old i have ever met, she is mature enough to be responsible with her own life as she has survived 58 frrefly jumps and passed AFF, she has skydiving in her blood as her father is ex GK........ are you jelous that she has half your jumps at such a young age? or are you in a bad mood and taking it out on 16year old today because you woke up next to man or something?

Chill dude, and welcome the girl to the sport.

She should not have to keep skydiving quiet...you dont! what gives you the right to tell people you skydive and she can not? are you better or something?

:S

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

you are attacking this girl because she and her father are very proud of her as seems many other people are.

Yeah that's it. It has nothing to do with the fact that they are risking everything Jean-Paul has built over the MANY years he has been in skydiving. Cause fuck Jean-Paul.........it's better to be cool no matter who it effects. But what the fuck do I know? Nothing obviously......I'm just an asshole right?

i dont think you are an asshole, i enjoy many of your posts, i just think you are being an ass at the moment.

Sorry for my ignorance but could you tell me who john-paul is so i can have a better understanding where you are coming from.
I dont mean to attack you, i just never knew skydivers to put newbies down.

i am sure if you tell me who john-paul is i will understand you better.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Sorry for my ignorance

It's OK....I understand. It was obvious.

could you tell me who john-paul is so i can have a better understanding where you are coming from.

Jean-Paul........as in Jean-Paul Thacker. Really nice old guy that owns Raeford,DZ. Walks with a serious limp.....I hear it's because he burned in under a double mal. He has spent most of his life building Raeford to be the DZ it is today. I started skydiving there and I'm very grateful to him for that. I just hate to see some people........no matter how high speed....skilled....whatever.......that's great........causing the guy such a HUGE liability for him. Lets just say hypothetically......she burns in and kills someone. You know damn well who is gonna get sued......and he will have LITTLE to no defense. But.........again..........I obviously don't know shit. It just tends to piss me off when people so flagrantly risk OTHER PEOPLE'S lives and livelyhoods.

Edit to add: Once again......when it's YOUR millions of dollars worth of aircraft and property at stake......do whatever you like. Till then........;)

I do not think you do not know anything so please stop talking to me like that.

I am not for any old teenager to start jumping. Not at all, you are right, if kids jump and burn in the parents would more than likely sue.
I think though in this case would be different and i can understand why she jumps. Her father knows the risks and from him being an ex Golden knight, i can not see him suing anyone if his daughter is killed on a jump.

Any skydiver who gets their kids into the sport know what they are doing, and i find it hard to belive that they would sue their dz when it was the experienced skydiver parent getting their children into the sport.

As i am not from the states so there really should not know anything about Jean-Paul, i do not see how he has anything to do with a 16 year old jumping. You made it sound like i am disrespeting this person, i do not know this person and was never talking about this person. If the dzo choses to let a 16 year old jump at there dz, that is their discretion.

I still dont see what any of this has to do with a 16 year old wanting to know if she is the youngest jumper. Take it up with USPA if you have a problem, not her, she is abiding by the rules and the law.
You should welcome her, not be an ass to her just because she has the same passion and committment as we all here do.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

if a special waiver was signed do you think the DZ would be at risk?

Waivers, come on.... i am sure they are just for show, if it came down to it, do you really think a waiver would ever stand up in court? i dont.

I have always thought as a waiver as something that wil deter people from going to court and make it a little harder for them, but really a good lawyer and the right prosecution, a i do not think a waiver could have a case thrown out.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

He's a smart guy and wouldn't allow it if he was worried,,its his show not yours.

True...........and she is not the first "Underage" skydiver I have seen there......so....if he gets burned I guess he asked for it. I would just hate to see it happen.

Mar.........A 16 year old CAN'T legally sign a waiver. Their parents can't legally sign away any of their rights. You can make the most SPECIAL waiver you have ever seen and it'll be worth less than the paper it's on.

OK..........I'm obviously wrong and just being an asshole. Both yesterday and today. So.....I won't be posting to this thread again. It's a waste of my time. ;)

I've seen more then one skydiving waiver stand up in court.

Clay, not sure if you'll read this, since you said that you won't be in here again, but I'm talking a special waiver, where family members sign away their rights to sue.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I'm just curious do these underage people wear signs around their neck saying they are underage, cause they really should. I mean this is a liability to me, cause the dz was about the only place on earth I could trust every girl to be atleast 18 and legal... I mean i'll prob end up in jail sooner or later but i dont need anymore help :ph34r:
----
-God, you are the perfect amount of dumb...

I've seen more then one skydiving waiver stand up in court.

Clay, not sure if you'll read this, since you said that you won't be in here again, but I'm talking a special waiver, where family members sign away their rights to sue.

I parent cannot sign away a minors right to sue. So even if all parents and grandparents signed a court could still appoint a guardion that could bring suit on the minors behalf if something ever happened. At least thats what I've always heard from lawyers but I'm not one so who knows:)

I've seen special waivers drawn up by lawyers to protect the DZs. A smart lawyer can find a way around it. But, this has been discussed to death here.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

***Yeah that's it. It has nothing to do with the fact that they are risking everything Jean-Paul has built over the MANY years he has been in skydiving. Cause fuck Jean-Paul.........it's better to be cool no matter who it effects. But what the fuck do I know? Nothing obviously......I'm just an asshole right?

If you have so much respect for the Thackers why don't you respect the decision they have made?
I'm pretty sure the know the risks involved and have decided to accept them in this case.

i am 15 now only 5 months to go (16 on may 7th) unitil i can jump i have been waiting my hole lie to jump as my mum an her partner jump been hangin round dz's all my life sucking in all that vital info hehe..B|
those who do it cant explain it! those who dont, cant understand it!.. if riding in a plane is flying then ridding in a boat is swimming!? experince the eliment get out!!