justaflygirl

Do I stink?

I've posted alot (not as much as the post whores...) but Ive started and put in my 2 cents quite a bit....heres my question, I never seem to get much response to any of my posts and I was wondering why this is? I am eager to make skyfriends from all over, as I know I will forever be a skydiver. However not getting much "attention" tends to burn me out here, I am more than trying to get involved, but cant figure what I am doing wrong, unless I simpply "just stink"

Naw, you're doing good. Don't let DZ.com bullshit make you think people do or don't like you.

If you'll notice, there are some serious "clicks" on DZ.com, it can feel like no one notices when a click groupie doesn't respond and the thread drifts off away from your post, but FIDO that doesn't mean people don't notice and don't read and don't agree.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I think that too sometimes, I figure its just like real life though, people have to get to know you a little before they post up.

Either that or my sense of humour sucks.:P

Watch this thread die now....;)
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

Maybe the problem is that your posts are too thoughtful,and polite. Trying being unreasonable and belligerent, and you will get more responses.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone has started a thread that 'clunked' at least ONCE...maybe you are putting threads where there is no interest...like putting a female concern in the Speakers Forum...or asking about something that happened in the Incident thread that was more emotional than factual.

I wouldn't worry too much about 'cliques'..just be yourself and good luck (see, you DID get responses this time :ph34r:~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

arrest me?....I like handcuffs....

Yup :P

-or if you want to get their attention... just make your posts more sexually oriented. See - you're learning!!!

(seriously though, don't worry about it. Post about what interests you and don't worry about how it interests others.)

Thank you april for pointing out the correct spelling of clique.

Meh.:P

Dz.com is one of the few places I don't spell check or even reread for typos. *shrug* I guess I just don't care enough.;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Dz.com is one of the few places I don't spell check or even reread for typos. *shrug* I guess I just don't care enough.;)

Lol...agreed. When I am writing on DZ.com, I am usually typing crazy fast and make many typos. This is despite the fact that I am great at spelling. I used to be uptight about spelling mistakes, but I've definitely learned to live with it. :D

Justaflygirl ~ Don't worry. You'll make plenty of friends in the skydiving community. Sometimes, it takes a little time. You're doing fine by posting a little and jumping a little. Pretty soon, you will be a regular both at your home DZ and at DZ.com. :)

Hey I think that too sometimes!! I am pretty quiet in new places so I don't really post unless it's about someone I know or something that directly affects me... I guess you just gotta keep at it, get to know people and they'll be more likely to respond warmly.

I don't think you stink hehe, chin up girl. :).

And you shed not a single tear for the things that you didn't need
'Cause you knew you were finally free - Death Cab For Cutie

Hey, now! I really wasn't trying to point out your mispelling, I was just commenting on cliques period...I'm pretty comfy here too, and although I'm an exceptional speller, I have my own little glitches (sailor's mouth). So please don't think I was trying to correct you.~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

justaflygirl, ya don't stink!
I'm sorry you would even have to ask that question in the bonfire. Obviously you've noticed some people usually respond to their friends' threads and avoid certain other ones, which is somewhat expected since some dz.commers have stories/jokes to share that the rest of us have no clue about.
Don't feel bad, don't stress or even think about it. I know certain people will avoid others on here, especially if they respond in a manner which they aren't used to being around.
Girl, don't care what others think of you, if they don't want to respond to you then just go on.
Have fun, if people won't like you for who you are, they probably aren't the type of people you want to surround yourself with.

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...