ZZTopless

good wuffo question

First, let me apologize because I hate using the word wuffo, but it just fits so perfect for this question...

"I am planning on coming to the informational meeting for the U Skydiving Club on Tuesday, but do you have to sky dive tandem? Can you do it tandem with a friend and no instructor?"

Wow...I've been laughing ever since.

It's ok...hard to make a thread about what a wuffo said. But I can't get over that. I keep picturing two airheads girls jumping out of the plane with a big tandem rig on. Can I jump with a friend...sure, but you're gonna die. How the hell do I respond to that email without sounding insulting? "Uh, no, it's aganist U.S.P.A. policy."

Maybe kind of explain the tandem certification requirements:

"Your first skydive does not have to be tandem, but many dropzones recommend it, so your first skydive is more fun and less work. Tandem masters must have over 500 jumps and at least three years in the sport . . . " etc.

I would see that as informative, not rude or anything. :)

It's ok...hard to make a thread about what a wuffo said. But I can't get over that. I keep picturing two airheads girls jumping out of the plane with a big tandem rig on. Can I jump with a friend...sure, but you're gonna die. How the hell do I respond to that email without sounding insulting? "Uh, no, it's aganist U.S.P.A. policy."

be straight forward and explain it to them barney style

Look what i made at work today mom!! Put it on the fridge
http://www.bouda.moonfruit.com

The stupidity of this whuffo leaves me speechless. That is a VERY hard thing to do.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Sure, right after you fly up to altitude without the plane. You might see some pigs up there with you. :D
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

First, let me apologize because I hate using the word wuffo, but it just fits so perfect for this question...

"I am planning on coming to the informational meeting for the U Skydiving Club on Tuesday, but do you have to sky dive tandem? Can you do it tandem with a friend and no instructor?" .

I find it to be a genuine question.

//

"I am planning on coming to the informational meeting for the U Skydiving Club on Tuesday, but do you have to sky dive tandem? Can you do it tandem with a friend and no instructor?" .

I find it to be a genuine question.

//

It ranks right up there with the time the Co-pilot asked the Pilot"Hey what do you think that goat is doing up here in that cloud?"

When I was president of a collegiate club, I'd get that same question every once in a while. I don't think its quite as bad as when I show someone a picture or video of me in freefall (and tell them it's me) and they ask if I took the picture. Showed a video to someone yesterday...inside view (not shot from above the formation) of a 14 way or something. "Was the video shot from the plane?"

Dave

I think you're quite mean for making fun of them. Some people have no idea what to expect from a first jump. And if the only skydiving they've been exposed to has been from movies, how would they know any better? Instead of making fun of them, be nice and explain it to them.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!