windcatcher

What's Couch Freaks Like???

Like Shelly said, there will be separate women's showers this year, so don't anyone worry.

And Couch Freaks rocks!! It was my first boogie that I ever attended, back when I was still a student, and I had such a great time even not jumping. They do have corn, and a chicken (complete with a chicken pooper contest!) and just a generally all around good time. I'm sorry that I'm going to miss it this year.[:/]

Oh no you dont.. you aint suckerin me into comin to no place with CORN.... been there and done that.. WAY too many times...THAT SHIT IS EVIL...

I would rather land in trees......

Really though.. landing areas.... grass is good. we have lots of nice green grass up here year round... and I escape to places where there is plenty of desert... not that I need to land out very often....but DUDE .... that CORN crap tried to beat me to death.

Oh no you dont.. you aint suckerin me into comin to no place with CORN.... been there and done that.. WAY too many times...THAT SHIT IS EVIL

if you could land where ya wnted to it wouldn't be a problem.....:P

Wingi... dear.... if I am spotting. I dont land in the corn or the trees for that matter.. but when you start getting on some bigways.. and go out as a late diver... at a midwestern boogie in AUG...bet ya land out .. and its a good bet that at Richmond or Couch Freaks there is some BIG ASS corn out there just waiting for you...

All of that was back in the 70's.. but hey I bruised easy...and my Parafoil or my Papillion just dont handle like my SAmurai...

Truth is... its not only the corn.. its that hot muggy ass nasty... thrunderstormy weahter that the CORN olves that bugs me more...so if its hot. if its humid and the chance of bad weather is on the loose.. I will be passing it up... instead I will go to nice warm dry boogies like Lost Prairie with perfect weather.. or to the Byron Boogie or to Chicks Rock... or to Eloy...

Couch freaks is very fun. Its a lot more party orienented than WFFC, and a lot cheaper. Its not as spread out as WFFC, which is nicer for walking, but worse for landing.
The only thing i didn't like about Couch Freaks was the load organising. It was basically nonexistant. I just ended up doing 3 or 4 way stuff with my normal DZ buddies

and you don't need to jump to have fun there. a girl from my DZ didn't jump and had a blast (this was tower girl for all you who were there)

MB 3528, RB 1182

Ask flyangel about their shower setup...

Let's not get started on that subject again. I was there that year and actually witnessed all the fuss. Last year was much better, co-ed showers or not, everyone takes showers together anyways at any boogie

Not to be a thorn in anyone's side, but I've been to lots of boogies at some of the best DZs there are.

Eloy
Perris Valley
Z-Hills
WFFC

While attending those boogies and showering there, I've never had to tell a male "No, you can't shower with me."

Kansasdydiver, I had no idea that you "witnessed" the event. I only remember Bill and his friend there to defend the word "no".

Sorry if this is seen as a hi-jack of the thread, but I thought I'd point out that I've never had this problem anywhere else.

Good that they are getting female showers. Just because we are skydivers doesn't make it acceptable when someone says "no". I guess I wasn't the only one with a problem, I can't see the boogie people building female showers just cause of little ole me:$
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Sweetie... sweete one... sweet DZ.com friend of mine... please think beyond this... Shall we say Mile High club?? :D:);)

Oh and that reminds me. I get to call anyone on beer for having sex on the runway numbers at freaks!!! I did it first!!!!!!! Well that I know of at least:S

And mile high club is so much better when you're flying in a Fokker
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!