vt1977

Which mobile phone?

I'm due an upgrade on my mobile phone package and have a choice of these phones.

I would really prefer a Nokia phone as that is what I am used to and a camera would be quite fun. I'm looking at the 6600 and the 6230 atm and I'd rather not spend too much.

So... what would you get?

Vicki

PAYG, or contract?

I got a Motorola V3 about a fortnight ago on contract with O2 and I like it a lot.:)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Personally, I prefer the flip phones (I've got a Motorola which I really like) and my last 2 Nokia phones were crap, so I seriously doubt I would ever get another Nokia. I don't know anything about the other brands- Samsung, etc.

I'm looking around for a new one as well. Preferably a fliptop one. I've got it whittled down to two. Motorola V220 with camera or Samsung X460 without. the reason I mention this is cos they got on your list the Samsung E700 which gets good reviews.

Loads of concise mobile phone reviews here.

http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/index.htm

Lu-"let the beast beware"-cy

Why oh why do they put the buttons on the bottom of the phone. Surely it would be more ergonomical to stick the numbers on top with the screen below ? Most people I know use their thumb to push the buttons. The thumb is on the top of your hand so it would make more sense to position the buttons to correspond.

Lu-"let the beast beware"-cy

Okay, I understand.:)Well, the missus got a 6610 recently she likes it, Its all right, but the screen isn't much cop. I played with a 6230 for about a week whilst abroad recently, it was allright, but I'm not really into the Nokias and see the video as a bit of a waste of time, otherwise it was okay. The nokia with the folding keyboard (6820) is great of you are a text fiend, I had a shot of one those as well, but I'm not that into texting.

I'm not sure about the new Nokias, the red and black 'trendy' ones, I've seen the folding one and was not really impressed, its a bit clunky.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

One reason I like my flip phone is that its easier to hear and be heard when I use it- when you open it up, its more like a regular phone. I had a tiny Nokia before that and I always needed to use the hands free ear piece with it. And before I got the flip phone, on more than one occasion, my phone would get turned on, and a button or two pushed while it was in my purse or jacket- I'd make calls without even realizing it! With my flip phone, I don't need to worry about that!

i'm not big into the nokias myself at the mo despite thinking in the past that they were the best. You can't get the phone i have because its orange only i think and the only other one i really like is the motorola V3 which doesn't seem to be on your list!!!

So i'm as helpful as a chocolate teapot today!! sorry vicki!!
Never try to eat more than you can lift

I'm due an upgrade on my mobile phone package and have a choice of these phones.

I would really prefer a Nokia phone as that is what I am used to and a camera would be quite fun. I'm looking at the 6600 and the 6230 atm and I'd rather not spend too much.

So... what would you get?

Vicki

Here's a site I found useful in choosing my phone http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/Cell_phones/4502-3488_16-0.html?tag=ont-cp

Blue Skies,

John

I'm using a pay-as-you-go right now... it's ok, but I'm thinking of going with Cingular when I'm back next time.

I don't need a camera phone or anything fancy like that... all I need is worldwide phone (quad band), unlocked, with voice dialing, bluetooth and good battery time....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706