Tink1717

The Pope is dead.

CNN is reporting that the Pope has just died. That is all. Carry on.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Hi Tink,
Tis a sad ay for the Catholic Church, the Pope has,"Gone on." They are going to keep his Corpse around for almost 2 weeks (there abouts) before they bury him. OK, the big question is, Who are they going to allow to "embalm" him?????????? The Vatican is sucha closed place they really don't want any "outsiders" to come into their "inner Sanctum!!" Story has it by Msr. Guido Sardouchie that when Pope Pius XII died, he was embalmed by his "optahamoligist!!" Dig it, the guy said during the decision making by those muckety mucks,"Look, I'ma Docor and Ican do this!, We dont want any "outside' people coming in here!!" So he embalmed the Pope but didn't get much cavity fluid into the thorasic and abdominal area. Story goes that the Pope blew up like a balloon and "POPPED!!" This was like 1959 boys and girls and a major embarassment to the powers that be in the Catholic Church at the time!! Hell, I was in the 8th grade at Holy Ghost Catholic School in Hammond Louisiana at the time and an Alter Boy too!! (Can you believe that???)
Anyway, I hope they handle John Paul wih kid gloves and give him the respect he deserves!! The big question now is,"Who is going to be the new POPE?????????????????"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Story has it by Msr. Guido Sardouchie that when Pope Pius XII died, he was embalmed by his "optahamoligist!!"

Is this a vague attempt at humor?? Guido Sardouchie is a Comic. and you have the name spelled wrong. His real name Is Guido Sarducci. >:(

Please let the Holy Father rest in Peace and pray for him as he takes his place among Jesus and the Holy Mother Mary.

I honestly dont think this is the time or place for humor at his expense.

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

I'm watching a show about him right now. He had a very interesting history. WWII, Cold War, all the influence he had around the world. Seemed like a pretty cool guy. I guess we all have our own ways of changing the world. His was with preaching......I do better with weapons......:S

Story has it by Msr. Guido Sardouchie that when Pope Pius XII died, he was embalmed by his "optahamoligist!!"

Is this a vague attempt at humor?? Guido Sardouchie is a Comic. and you have the name spelled wrong. His real name Is Guido Sarducci. >:(

Please let the Holy Father rest in Peace and pray for him as he takes his place among Jesus and the Holy Mother Mary.

I honestly dont think this is the time or place for humor at his expense.

Nope ya wrong there this is the perfect time and place, this is the time and plaxce where practically everyone on the face of the planet will here about JP2s' death, what better time and place than here and now.
Live with it, it's what some people do, every celebrity that has gone before has had the jokes coming thick and fast,
Bring it on I say:)Humour and laughter will cure almost anything ('cept death and taxes):P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

This is a Pope who grew up and came of age under the Nazi occupation of Poland and the almost total anihilation of Poland's Jews. Then after that, Stalin and the Commies took over for another 44 years. It shaped his best attributes about the worth of the human soul and human dignity.

When the Soviets and the eastern bloc collapsed in 1989 - 91, John Paul issued a challenge to the west that has largeley been overlooked. His warning was that the west not repeat the basic mistake of Marxism, which was to value human life only for its economic contributions. He was very clear that the west was in such an overconfident mood at the collapse of Communism that it was in imminent danger of repeating Communism's worst mistake. The evidence so far doesn't suggest that anyone was listening too closely.

As an ex-Catholic (still a nominally practicing Protestant) I disagreed with this Pope ona lot of issues, especially celibate clergy, women priests, and birth control, as well as Papal authority itself. But for all that, the man was a monumental moral force in both the 20th and early 21st centuries. He didn't shy away from telling anyone off, whether it was going home to then-Communist Poland and confronting General Jaruzelski, or telling President Bush why he believed the invasion of Iraq was wrong. The guy was still a real saint in a world where the concept is mostly laughed at.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

In his younger days, he was an athlete among other
things. He probably would have been a skydiver if
anyone suggested he try it. All of those robes would
have made a good wing suit too.

Just kidding about the wing suit ... I'm Catholic and
admired the guy alot. One time I got to sit in the very
same chair he used when he was in Denver for World
Youth Day. I just got started making a few good
pronouncements when I was asked to leave.

Hi Squeak,
Sorry but it is no joke. I was in Catholic School at the time of Pius XII's death and the story of the lousy embalming job did make it's way down thru the ranks. Guido picked up on it to but it's no joke.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out